EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
n1smo

Y500 Disassembled (Pictures)

nice, perhaps i can repaste the internal gpu. it for some reason always runs kinda hotter than the caddy 650m

Thank you very much for this guide. It helped me easily replace basic things like RAM and HDD. But I think this question has been going around for a while regarding the Y500- the CMOS battery is incredibly well hidden and nowhere to be found. The alternative to possibly resetting the BIOS on it may possibly be very troublesome.

Nice pictures. Maybe I should try to open it up and clean it from dust and refresh the cooling paste.

My Y500 is getting a bit noisy in Office Mode and i miss the Intel HD-4000 option. I Hope, a BIOS Update will solve my problem too.

Sorry about my bad English.

Been scouring the net with frustration. My y510p's screen flickers at lower brightness. If anybody here has experience whatsoever is LCD replacement a good idea? or is the problem likely something else?

Does the y510p also have an inverter?

Any one have a good resource for purchasing the ultrabay that fits the Y500. The Lenovo site is worthless.

Excellent contribution, huse your guide to disassemble and clean my lenovo Y400.

It is exactly the same.

Thank you

my device came with synaptic driver ...is that mean that my touchpad is not elan @its date is 29 novemper 2012

Nice Post man , it enabled me to fix many problems i face when i tried to disassemble my Y500 but i still not able to retrieve my keyboard light any help ?

Sorry for asking this but how are the antennae for the wifi adapter attached? Do I have to replace them upon changing the wifi adapter?

Sorry for asking this but how are the antennae for the wifi adapter attached? Do I have to replace them upon changing the wifi adapter?

Use the existing ones.

It's very simple, just attach/ dettach them normally, and carefully. By the way, anyone know if its posssible to use AC7260 wireless card on ideapad Y500? Is it compatible? Thx

It's very simple, just attach/ dettach them normally, and carefully. By the way, anyone know if its posssible to use AC7260 wireless card on ideapad Y500? Is it compatible? Thx

Yes all you had to do was look up. ;)

Yes all you had to do was look up. ;)

Thanks, octiceps. I didn't read the full post the first time i saw it, i was a little busy... Did you modded your Bios already? I read that some options on the menu are not functional and some of them should not be changed... I got a new router and the signal got really better and more stable... im using a TPLINK WR740N now. It a lot more stable than before, only disconnecting one or two times per day, witch is awesome. But i'm still considering the modded Bios and an alternative wifi card. What do you have to say about the modded Bios? It's ok/stable? Any BSOD or something?

ps: sorry if i sound confusing, i'm doing a special effort with my english. :48_002:

Thanks, mate!

No issues at all with the modded BIOS, been running it for 1.5 years now. I didn't change any BIOS settings though, no need to if you're just gonna change WiFi card and overclock GPU.

One thing I recommend, which isn't in svl7's sticky, is update to official 2.04 (instead of 2.02) using this before modding.

Does anyone know how to disassemble the Y500 display panel? I found this thread http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/3873-screen-cable-broken-y500.html which sounds similar to my problem (display would flicker and/or turn solid white depending on how 'open' the laptop was), but all of the videos I've found show screws in the bottom corners of the display. I've got square plugs of some sort there, and was unable to get them off to look for screws.

As it turns out, my Y500 has not screws for the display bezel, it's just held on by plastic clips. Managed to get it apart using a LEGO tool, and the cable is seated properly, so I guess I'm ordering a replacement from eBay and crossing my fingers.

I noticed clips on these laptops break fairly easy. Seems as though the Y510P that I have is close to the same build. I am kinda wondering how many times you can take the y500 backs on and off before they are completely worn out at the rate I am swapping wireless cards.

Nice work! I have taken my cousin's apart to replace an lcd cable, and it was without a doubt, not the most fun i've had.

I disassembled my y510p a month ago, and I lower the temperature like 5c less, so yeah clean does help lowering the temps.

Anyone else had and plastic snap issues on the back cover as well? I'm a little concerned about taking it on and off.

This is fantastic! I'm assuming the 510 isn't "that" much different from the 500 correct? I've been terrified to break my laptop down past taking out the RAM, hard drive, etc.