Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
J95

[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

Recommended Posts

On 7/15/2016 at 10:27 PM, HaloTechnology said:

@J95 Man you are awesome , It worked perfectly no problem and I didnt even use DDU for install I simply upgraded :frantics::frantics:

I should really do some benchmarks :logik:

Did some benchmarks I got 12306  in firestrike v1.1 720p <<<<<<<is that good ?

I got 7100 in 1080P


PS: something interesting I noticed that TDP usually before was around 35% but now it's only around 25% ( maybe the new vBIOS ?) ? although the Clock speed is full I dont think there is throttling ? what is a way to know if my card is throttling ?

NV reduced power draw w/ latest drivers, check clocks & TDP using GPU-Z.

 

On 7/15/2016 at 8:37 PM, bloodhawk said:

Thank you for the amazing drivers @J95 , @Mr. Fox Told me about these, im one of the bloaks from NBR, figured id come say thank you!

 

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/21671

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9225544

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9224955

No problem, I just received my P870DM-G , currently messing with the GPU heat sink...btw outstanding cooling system.

 

 

 

----------------------------Updated----------------------------

 

 

On 7/9/2016 at 4:03 AM, J95 said:

@_ALL if you are enjoying @Prema's  work, please consider making a contribution here.

 

 

Much appreciated!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J95 said:

NV reduced power draw w/ latest drivers, check clocks & TDP using GPU-Z.

I did although the TDP is around 25% the Clock speed and Memory clock are all at the highest and I am not experiencing any FPS decrease in games :logik:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, J95 said:

No problem, I just received my P870DM-G , currently messing with the GPU heat sink...btw outstanding cooling system.

 

Yeah its beefy. I did mod my heat sink to kingdom come though, and working on a better version of the same mod. :D

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J95
Thank you for taking the time to mod drivers for people and also make INF for Clevo. Donation will come to you today. Thanks again 
:encouragement: Nvidia should hired you so you could fix their mess!!

 

Edit. Donated today and Transaction Number: 6NV814119J696590V

Edited by Papusan
Donated $
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to upgrade my M18X R1 780m drivers, looks like the right place.  

Anyone managed to get 2 x 980m into an M18x V1 yet?  I think impossible but keeping my eye open for when my we upgrade my boy's MSI GT80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2016 at 5:11 PM, solrdc62 said:

Looking to upgrade my M18X R1 780m drivers, looks like the right place.  

Anyone managed to get 2 x 980m into an M18x V1 yet?  I think impossible but keeping my eye open for when my we upgrade my boy's MSI GT80.

so far i have to stick with the 365.10 drivers in my m18x r2 as any of the new drivers after that cause my 780m SLi to throttle to 405/800 no matter what i play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone throttling on these? i don't mind trying but i throttle on everything above 353.00 so im not exactly optimistic

 

also ive asked this before but does anyone have inspector issue after a crash where the "est. max" field is greyed out? drives me insane because the gpu won't work right when that happens, only happens with certain games like fallout4 and witcher3

Edited by anarky321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, anarky321 said:

anyone throttling on these? i don't mind trying but i throttle on everything above 353.00 so im not exactly optimistic

 

also ive asked this before but does anyone have inspector issue after a crash where the "est. max" field is greyed out? drives me insane because the gpu won't work right when that happens, only happens with certain games like fallout4 and witcher3

 

900M Throttling workaround:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

 

 

Alienware M18x R2 with 980m - Possible throttling fix

 

Install * v368.25* just delete the proper folders before installing drivers.

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my inspector "est. max" stays greyed out with newer drivers...im not sure why but they also do not work without throttling out of the box, unlike 353.00 which works without any additional throttling fixes...to be fair when the est.max is greyed out on the 353.00 i also get throttling....maybe hardware issue idk..tried different vbios and a ton of different drivers  ..980m R2

Edited by anarky321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anarky321 said:

my inspector "est. max" stays greyed out with newer drivers...im not sure why but they also do not work without throttling out of the box, unlike 353.00 which works without any additional throttling fixes

That's an Inspector issue or P-States matching behavior, nothing to worry about. Flash Swick's mod (M18xR2) and follow the instructions above.

 

@anarky321

On 6/9/2016 at 9:56 PM, haXBOXpro said:

@J95 thanks a bunch for pointing me to  Swick1981's unlocked bios and throttling workaround!:frantics:

Just worth mentioning for whoever is reading this thread and having throttle issues on M18xR2, the "GFX switching" (using unlocked bios) on cold boot ACTUALLY works wonders!

Things haven't ran this smooth since the day I bought my machine

Not to mention all the priceless tweaks unlocked :D

 

The beast is back :super: (M18xR2)

thanks again to @Swick1981 , @Prema & @J95

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GeForce 369.00 Dev


    *Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

 

       Requirements:

       Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)


  • Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

 

        -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

  • Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

       >>> Keep these folders only <<<

369.00.PNG

 

 

 

    INF MOD v369.00

   

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

 

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

    

GeForce 369.00 Dev Win 7/8.1


GeForce 369.00 Dev Win10

 

 

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v369.00_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v369.00_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

 

nv_dispi.inf_v369.00_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v369.00_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

 

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v369.00_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v369.00_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

 

 

 

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

 

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

 

 

 

On 7/9/2016 at 3:03 AM, J95 said:

@_ALL if you are enjoying @Prema's  work, please consider making a contribution HERE.

 

 

Much appreciated!

  • Thumbs Up 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
16 hours ago, J95 said:

GeForce 369.00 Dev


    *Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

 

       Requirements:

       Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)


  • Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

 

        -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

  • Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

       >>> Keep these folders only <<<

369.00.PNG

 

 

 

    INF MOD v369.00

   


nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

 


nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

    

GeForce 369.00 Dev Win 7/8.1


GeForce 369.00 Dev Win10

 

 

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v369.00_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v369.00_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

 

nv_dispi.inf_v369.00_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v369.00_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

 

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v369.00_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v369.00_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

 

 

 

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

 

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

 

 

 

Sweet! Thanks Nephew @J95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi J95, 

I am trying to install the optimus drivers for win 10 (although not sure if I should use the PEG version) following the steps you describe but without success? What is the flash @prema thingy? My Alienware m17 R3 says it cannot find my nvidia GFX card (GF 680M).  I've added the modded inf file and I disabled driver enforcement and deleted the folders as described. What I have not done is the Bcedit command as I get access denied in cmd when entering that command. 

 

 

Edited by Christian Ademius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

get a load of this horse crap....

 

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/windows-10-version-1607-driver-signing-changes/

 

its official windows took the plunge... down the drain..... 

 

so pretty much anyone that upgrades their laptops will no longer be able to update windows 10 and are stuck on build 1511, because of the new driver signing rules newer updated will not install and fail with a error code, Error 0x80240031 which is the code for incompatible hardware. apparently this new build 1607 known as the anniversary update is changing the way windows handles driver signing to "protect" users aka force them to purchase new systems instead of upgrading.. what a pile of shit.. i knew microshaft was shiesty but damn....  havent felt so middle fingered in a while..... guess i will just run windows 7 as long as i can and move on from pc gaming. if they dont want me here then i will move on. im not going to feed their greed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys. This isn't right. I am running 2 970m in SLI with prema bios and J95s drivers. When it first boots you need to reinstall the drivers but it works fine. It's just the initial boot after the update that it kicks the drivers out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal) GeForce 369.05


    *Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

 

       Requirements:

       Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)


  • Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

 

        -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

  • Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe

 

       >>> Keep these folders only <<<

Capture1.PNG

 

 

 

    PEG MOD v369.05

   

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

 

 

    

GeForce 369.05 Win 7/8.1


GeForce 369.05 Win10

 

PEG MODs:

 

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v369.05_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v369.05_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

 

 

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v369.05_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v369.05_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

 

 

 

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

 

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

 

 

 

On 7/9/2016 at 3:03 AM, J95 said:

@_ALL if you are enjoying @Prema's  work, please consider making a contribution HERE.

 

 

Much appreciated!

 

 

@Christian Ademius M17xR3/680M doesn't support Optimus, you need to set the BIOS to PEG (Display), use nv-dsipi.inf v368.81 instead (command prompt in Administrator mode).

 

@djcgeez2189 , @Jester945271 , @Christian Ademius disable driver signing F8 method above before and after installing drivers. Once installed, just reboot and disable DSE again F8. Done.

 

Capture.PNG

 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J95 Can I know what happened to your M17x R4 is it sold ? , I see the 980 in those screenshots, is that an 870DM  ?
So the crew is almost zero now for the Alienware mothership...

 

Cool tho that you got a new beast  !!

Edited by Ashtrix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant even update to the 1607 build it just errors out with the incompatible hardware code... how did you get it to install?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, djcgeez2189 said:

i cant even update to the 1607 build it just errors out with the incompatible hardware code... how did you get it to install?

Go into DDU driver uninstaller and click set windows update back to automatic/default. It'll be that rectangle on the right stating what it does. Then it'll start downloading update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, djcgeez2189 said:

i cant even update to the 1607 build it just errors out with the incompatible hardware code... how did you get it to install?

i got the updater here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history?ocid=update_setting_client

Click in: Get the anniversary update now and it should download  a installer :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2016 at 11:18 AM, djcgeez2189 said:

get a load of this horse crap....

 

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/windows-10-version-1607-driver-signing-changes/

 

its official windows took the plunge... down the drain..... 

 

so pretty much anyone that upgrades their laptops will no longer be able to update windows 10 and are stuck on build 1511, because of the new driver signing rules newer updated will not install and fail with a error code, Error 0x80240031 which is the code for incompatible hardware. apparently this new build 1607 known as the anniversary update is changing the way windows handles driver signing to "protect" users aka force them to purchase new systems instead of upgrading.. what a pile of shit.. i knew microshaft was shiesty but damn....  havent felt so middle fingered in a while..... guess i will just run windows 7 as long as i can and move on from pc gaming. if they dont want me here then i will move on. im not going to feed their greed.

 

 

Beware of the update.

 

I just updated my R2 with 980m SLI and I can't play any game. Video games and videos run slow.  Nvidia control pannel crashes and I'm not able to change any settings.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J95, Thanks J!

I managed to install the V368.81 now with the associated modded INF file, 

I still don't get sound from my HDMI-out to my Smart TV. Is this a GFX/nvidia driver issue or is it motherboard/Intel driver related?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Christian Ademius said:

@J95, Thanks J!

I managed to install the V368.81 now with the associated modded INF file, 

I still don't get sound from my HDMI-out to my Smart TV. Is this a GFX/nvidia driver issue or is it motherboard/Intel driver related?

 

Make sure you set your Smart TV as a default at the playback devices.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎04 at 9:44 PM, Gor3 said:

 

 

Beware of the update.

 

I just updated my R2 with 980m SLI and I can't play any game. Video games and videos run slow.  Nvidia control pannel crashes and I'm not able to change any settings.

 

 

 

Saw this today, immediately after applying the anniversary update (of course).

 

I nearly shit a brick... then I re-installed the video driver (using the normal method of disabling driver signing).

 

I was able to restart normally afterward, and the driver loaded correctly. A brief test of Overwatch looked normal. A brief test on a VR headset looked normal.

 

I'll post back if I see anything unusual, but it looks fine. Consider imaging your drive just in case.

 

(M17X R4 980m using @J95's 369.05 driver -- I'll try my M15X 680m later if I'm feeling brave)

 

 

Edit: Taking a moment to read, there are a number of caveats and exceptions to the new policy. Consider disabling Secure Boot if you've not done so all ready:

(from http://www.thewindowsclub.com/driver-signing-changes-windows-10)

 

 

Quote

The new signing policy, however, includes many exceptions and the major ones are:

  • PCs upgraded to Windows 10 Build 1607 from a previous version of Windows (for instance Windows 10 version 1511) are not affected by the change.
  • PCs without Secure Boot functionality, or Secure Boot off, are not affected either.
  • All drivers signed with cross-signing certificates that were issued prior to July 29, 2015, will continue to work.
  • Boot drivers won’t be blocked to prevent systems from failing to boot. They will be removed by the Program Compatibility Assistant, however.
  • The change affects only Windows 10 Version 1607. All previous versions of Windows are not affected.

 

 

 

Edited by Naberius
More info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2016 at 6:36 PM, B4n6k3 said:

 


@J95I am aware of that. The playback devices as the attached screenshot shows has one which says "not plugged in". I believe that is my HDMI-out to which my Smart TV is connected to. I cannot do much except disable it in properties. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Christian Ademius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Yomaster
      Hello, 
       
      some of my computer specs are as follows: 
      CPU: I9-9900k
      GPU: RTX 2070
      memory: 32 GB (forget the manufacturer/ clocks)
      Dsanke bios mod
       
       
       I recently bought a 1440p screen that is 120hz capable, but it does not allow me to select the 120hz option. I have checked numerous places and all of the websites say that this screen is 120hz enabled. I have the dsanke bios mod on my computer. I see people being able to use this screen's 120hz functionality, but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? If you need any additional information about my laptop, I will be happy to provide info.
       
    • By Miyagi1007
      Hello guys so i bought a used alienware m17x r3 with hd 6870m on it, so when i was trying to boot well it goes to the windows 7 loading screen that says starting windows after that the screen turns white and goes to bsod saying atikmpag.sys
       
      also i attempt to switch my integrated gpu to my discrete card ( hd6870m)  and i wont switch at all 
       
      Responses are highly appreciated 
      Thank you in advance
    • By blancaster
      does anyone know why a vbios file  8mb in size for nvidia k80 , myu backup bios is only 256kb
    • By IveGotRoot
      I have recently upgraded my laptop(an M6800 firepro 6100) and replaced it with an GTX 980m. Nvidia says that the latest driver(461) supports my card but i can only install up to 388.13 Ive tried to mod it but i can't figure it out. I can run the latest linux driver tho
    • By Freddyicy
      I have spent a little time in the past few days looking around this site. I would love for someone to point me in the right direction to a forum that has information that could help me out with my problem.
       
      I have a:
       
      Alienware M17XR3 
      Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      Intel I7-2820QM 2.3
      Bios InsydeH20 Version 1.0 A12
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
      (4x) 4 GB Ram
      samsung 2.5" 256 SSD (SATA3.0Gbps)
       
      It has been an amazing machine for the last 10+ years. Minor issues, nothing that an Alien Respawn could not fix, till now! On battery power it works just perfect.  Then I plug it in and it's all OK until I try to do anything, and then the screen goes white. The screen sometimes goes yellow, sometimes blue, but mostly white screen. It will do nothing until I do a hard reset (holding the power button till it turns off and turn it back on) with the power unplugged.  If the power is not unplugged then it will go through boot up to windows swirling dots then go white again. If I plug it in and do nothing I can charge it, unplug and continue what i was doing. I have tried a lot of solutions bouncing around the internet, and thought I was having a DC Jack connection issue (replaced the ac/dc power adapter, then the motherboard). I get a better connection now but with the same white screen result. I stumbled into this forum and I'm hoping to find solutions to my issues.  Then upgrade like so many others have.
       
      Any ideas, comments or suggestions welcome.
       
      Thank you in advance!
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.