As I said in the first post, it will take a while until the DL is ready on the server.

• Thumbs Up 2

It may take up to 24 hours to become active via cdn.

Sent from my GT-N7000

no worries @svl7! thanks for the awesome work dude! btw, sorry for the crappy pics, but i was fighting with either bad ass reflections of the window or a reflection of me in the screen...that's why the display in all the pictures of tilted... :D

• Thumbs Up 4

Hahaha, don't worry man!! :D It's all readable, that's more than enough, cheers!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Works like a charm, I would definitely not try and screw around at random with the options :)

hi shipwreck can you explain the update steps that you did and did you see any perfomance boost with this update ? thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

with this bios i had a big issue, my gtx680 was thottling every time to 4xxMHz (afterburner has no effect) but no problem with original a05. I thought there was no relationship between bios and vbios? can someone try same setting, with and without a05 unlocked?

my system: 3610qm and gtx 680m

hi shipwreck can you explain the update steps that you did and did you see any perfomance boost with this update ? thanks

I just ran the Windows patcher (be aware, once you've started it, there is no further confirmation whether you want to proceed or not, so you're committed ;)

I have found no difference in GTX680m throttling behaviour between stock A05 and the modified one.

I just ran the Windows patcher (be aware, once you've started it, there is no further confirmation whether you want to proceed or not, so you're committed ;)

I have found no difference in GTX680m throttling behaviour between stock A05 and the modified one.

thanks for the answer but you did the update in windows but what exe file did you use there is 3 exe files sorry but i dont know what file is the patcher

There's a "READ ME" file included with the download. All instructions can be found there.

I just want to say thank you for creating this. I've been looking for one for a while hoping that it would be released.

good! thanks! Is this better than the custom vbios with higher voltage?

thanks for your wonderful work again svl7. Say if I'm not using an XM CPU and having no intention of disabling the iGPU in system BIOS, is there any reason I should flash this?

Not sure... there are some interesting options, but I guess most users won't need them.

• Thumbs Up 1

svl7, i would place a warning for those who have Modded Vbios, that it potentially causes the Bios flash to brick. I have your modded Vbios (900/1300/1.075V) followed your README and my bios bricked. When it automatically restarted fans were at fullspeed with constant beeps for around 10min with LEDS all lit up... Correct me if i'm wrong on this tho, thanks. I'm thinking i might have to pull the GPU before flash...

I recovered using the M17R4.hrd file FYI.

-Mike

Long2905, i understand that, that is why i am trying to cancel out any other potentials. If it is a possibility for a modded Vbios to cause a Bios flash to go sour, i want to make sure its clarified.

not unless you use it to flash the system bios. otherwise at worst you just have to pull out the GPU and your system should be able to boot as usual.

Yes, it was used to flash system Bios, if i decided to try and flash it again with the Unlocked A05 bios again or any future bios, ill pull GPU and see what happens, again if there are other potentials causing this issue please list them with known facts if possible, as this helps me go about a flash with all bases covered, thanks for the input.

-Mike

the vbios is used to flash the discrete graphic card, you cannot use it for anything else :|

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad X240.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating your personal bios dump and to flash your bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Programmer-CH341A-Series-Burner-Chip-24-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-25-SPI-Flash-AU/153117073868?epid=577511738&hash=item23a67d21cc:g:XKEAAOSw5UdbW-iL

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-tower-CH341A-Programmer-Software/dp/B01FVVHCVC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1522179315&sr=8-4&keywords=ch341a&dpID=51BO7eGgO5L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt

https://www.amazon.ca/MAUSAN-Socket-Adapter-150MIL-205MIL/dp/B06ZYSNJF3/ref=pd_sbs_21_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XM79QJWGED6B4K2VEZDJ

How to use it:

Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.
    • By Malenford
      Is it possible to unlock bios on that model? Please help me with it if somebody can.
    • By moaker
      I dont know if this is the right forum to post this,  (but i need 5 posts for downloading a  vbios)

so my questions are these, thank you in advance for reading

I have bought a laptop with a half melted 880M GPU Im assuming the person did not keep an eye on temps,
      so i went and replaced the card, it runs fine, (alright) but still, I remember modding my VBIOS for my 680 GTX back in the day, and it was fine, exceptionally faster, 
      and im looking for that 60 fps LOCK, like i got on my 680 after modding the vbios, 

I did increase the voltage on the card to 1.212 I believe, from 1.114 ,

anyway I considering modding the cooling system as well for this laptop, because it definitely lacks cooling 
      My plan is to put another laptop fan (where the HDD1 bay is in the Alienware 17) bcause I removed that hdd it was constantly at 57c which is bad
      even think it suffered some damage as speeds on it for specific games and tasks are pretty long, and it stays at 100% some times, which is weird, but it still works, so im using it.lol

, but in the meantime, I turned the laptop upside down, plugged in the HDMI cable, and now im blasting a ROOM fan at it, which is definitely helping with temps
      before I would try to throttle the gpu speed at 77C, or 73C depending on the game or even saying screw it, I dont want throttling, and putting the throttle point to 83C,
      I use SPEEDFAN , and it helps keep the laptop relativly cool, except when the gpu is under full load,  putting my hand on it is ridiculously hot, so, with the fan on it, its not going above 70,
      and taking a LONG time to get up there, 
      i am playing metro last light at around 60C at 60+ fps, where as before my temps were shooting upto 80 and it would hit the throttle point, so  seeing as how this is a 120 HZ laptop, I rather not push it, since the card is not capable (and if it is, the cooling sure isnt)

the plan is to put the fan inside the HDD1 bay, and POSSIBLY  daisey chain it to either A) the cpu fan header, or  B ) the gpu fan hjeader, 

QUESTION:
      not sure which "rails" the power for these comes from, would it be able to handle another fan???
      it seems like a legit idea, seeing as how the rear of the heatsink has NO heat dissipation at all. which is the part that melted offcausing the old  card to die in the first place.
      basically the thermal pads look like they gunked the card and it was unfixable, I have a post to it on the Alienware Forum, which i could link later,

is it a good idea, and will the VBIOS WORK with my 880M (DELL) from a clevo, (now in an alienware) im assuming they are compatible, as long as they are dell.
      also would I be able to get a Y adapter for the inside of a laptop fan, that would be AMAZING, i know they sell them for Desktops.
      Thanks

• By Losercore13
      I decided to buy a 980M for my R2. I have gone down the rabbit hole in these forums (Here and notebook review) but most of it appears to be from 2012-2016. I am not planning on overclocking, and for now am replacing the 2x 675m sli (Alienware Tech support fried one of my 675M's with a thermal pad on the GPU, yes a thermal pad instead of paste, see photo.) with a single 980M solution. I have finally managed to get this site to send a confirmation email, then turns out I wait a week download the unlocked A11 BIOS. Do I even still need it? I will pay if I need it for sure to get it faster. What I'm getting at, is this still a thing? I have read that Nvidia added support for the R2 in their driver, so no modded driver is needed. Did alienware add support for maxwell with the A12 BIOS? I can't find a difinitive answer. Sorry, I have read so much about this the past week, but haven't come up with a cut and dry yes or no. 

• By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T450s.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Programmer-CH341A-Series-Burner-Chip-24-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-25-SPI-Flash-AU/153117073868?epid=577511738&hash=item23a67d21cc:g:XKEAAOSw5UdbW-iL

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-tower-CH341A-Programmer-Software/dp/B01FVVHCVC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1522179315&sr=8-4&keywords=ch341a&dpID=51BO7eGgO5L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt

https://www.amazon.ca/MAUSAN-Socket-Adapter-150MIL-205MIL/dp/B06ZYSNJF3/ref=pd_sbs_21_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XM79QJWGED6B4K2VEZDJ

How to use it:

Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.