OFFICIAL: Alienware M18x Owners Lounge

Brian

Laptop is arriving today guys!

Will make some pictures of the black one for the forum:)

Japzt- Look forward to some pics of the black. They are describing it as "gun metal" and should look awsome. The more light angles the better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will make pictures outside when its not raining :P

I need help guys:

How i get my themes and my backgrounds back !?

Reinstalled my M18X now i got the thing for the keyboard colors back but miss a few other things.

and cant seem te get all devices to wrk again in device manager... :(

HELP! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, there's a seller on a Chinese site that has ES versions of the 6970m which can be unlocked to have 1120 shaders instead of 960... :D Anyone needs more power for his M18x? Hope you can Chinese, lol, I can't.

A M15x user at NBR just got his hands on such a card and after I've seen his vbios (it's from Sept. 2010) I realised that it must be an early sample... after flashing the M17x r3 vbios he had 1120 shaders instead of the 960, just like with Ichimes ES card.

Hi guys I am on the road again. I have a quick question to all the m18x owners, did we loose the scroll bar on the touchpad? I remember the m17x-R1 had one, or do i need to enable this function on the mouse control panel? Any input is most welcome.

• Founder

yeah as far as I remember there is an option at the command center (I don't have it installed so I can't confirm on that) also in case you have installed synaptics there has to be an option there as well ( I don't have that installed either :D)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
hey svl7 are you able to change brightness with that early 11.7 driver, I was not able to via FN+F4/F5 or even dragging it under windows power settings?

just guessing here but you might have to install them over the Dell ones

hey svl7 are you able to change brightness with that early 11.7 driver, I was not able to via FN+F4/F5 or even dragging it under windows power settings?

Haven't tested them, my 6970m is dead atm, but I guess it's because they're modded desktop drivers, the brightness function probably isn't included.

Here's 11.7b hotfix: [email protected] but I guess this won't fix the brightness issue since it's still based on the desktop driver. If you really need the brightness function then just get the official mobile 11.6 driver.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't tested them, my 6970m is dead atm, but I guess it's because they're modded desktop drivers, the brightness function probably isn't included.

Here's 11.7b hotfix: [email protected] but I guess this won't fix the brightness issue since it's still based on the desktop driver. If you really need the brightness function then just get the official mobile 11.6 driver.

At this point is this the latest version?

Guys I am dissapoint. This is the owners lounge, isnt this where you guys show off your sexy beasts?

I go through 25 pages to only see 2 sets of pictures...

Gears- I will post pics of my M18 when it arrives. Ordered 7/18, EDD 7/29 (Fingers Crossed)

Alienware M18x Space Black, Intel Core i7 2920XM OC, 6GB DDR3, Dual 6990M CF, 750GB HD, Win 7 Pro, Blu-ray Reader, Killer Wireless-N 1103, WirelessHD Transmitter