EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Hi mate i have an Alienware x17m r4 and the bios version is 12A is it possible using the dos recommended version to downgrade the bios to version 11 unlocked will work

Hi mate i have an Alienware x17m r4 and the bios version is 12A is it possible using the recommended version to downgrade the bios to version 11 unlocked bios

it's possible but downgrade is always dangerous, i bricked my mobo.

Hi there, I'm still with stock A11. I guess that I just have to flash the unlocked version and everything will be fine, right?

Besides, if in the future I want to upgrade to a stock version, let's say A14 (if it will exist) i have to follow normal procedures like I did from A10 to 11?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Does I need this bios for my new 980m ? I 've recently bought it but I don't know what to do first

thanks

Hello, I am trying to install a GTX 765 into an M17 R4 and so far have been unable to install the driver. Would having this modded BIOS help achieve this? Thanks.

Hello, I am trying to install a GTX 765 into an M17 R4 and so far have been unable to install the driver. Would having this modded BIOS help achieve this? Thanks.

you need it to disable the optimus feature. if not gpu won't start

you need it to disable the optimus feature. if not gpu won't start

It does not have Intel graphics listed in BIOS, just the nVidia GTX. Have tried at least 10 different drivers and ones with modded INF with no luck.

For the GTX 770M should I alter the power settings in any way to avoid power failure?

It does not have Intel graphics listed in BIOS, just the nVidia GTX. Have tried at least 10 different drivers and ones with modded INF with no luck.

as far as i know if u don't disable nvidia optimus there is no chance! That was what i studied when we changed the GPU on a friend's ali!

hi svl7,i have used the a11 unlocked bios,but i find one problem,no matter i use stock bios or unlocked bios never can change the cpu TDP(long/short),pls help me

So would flashing it to a custom BIOS solve the throttling issue with the 7970m m17r4?

From what I've read, you need to downgrade to A05 bios before trying to upgrade with an unlocked bios. So downgrade to A05 and then install the unlocked bios. Otherwise, you risk bricking your laptop

Hi !

I've just tweak the igp in the unlocked bios v11 of my M17X R4.

When i reboot, my screen stay black, no bips...

I don't know how to get back to bios default values.

Please help me !

Fred

Is it possible to upload a full size A11 unlocked bios please ? It's for unbrick my M17X R4 who hab been flashed with fpt.

It seem that to be recognise by blind flash method, the M17R4.hdr must be identical in size than the original one ( 9675kb in case of A11)

Thanks in advance.

French Fred

hi i have an alienware m17x r4 and my hd7970 died, do you think that using unlocked bios will make for expample function an older gfx card, like an gtx 260m?

Is it possible to upload a full size A11 unlocked bios please ? It's for unbrick my M17X R4 who hab been flashed with fpt.

It seem that to be recognise by blind flash method, the M17R4.hdr must be identical in size than the original one ( 9675kb in case of A11)

Thanks in advance.

French Fred

try to remove cmos battery!

- - - Updated - - -

i've found out that u can just flash a11 stock from a13 and it will make u downgrade without any problem, i will flash the modded bios asap

try to remove cmos battery!

- - - Updated - - -

i've found out that u can just flash a11 stock from a13 and it will make u downgrade without any problem, i will flash the modded bios asap

You might want to be careful... This might cause a brick.. It's risky.. I would be prepared to do a blind flash if necessary.. Let us know how it goes though.. I need to try something like this too..

You might want to be careful... This might cause a brick.. It's risky.. I would be prepared to do a blind flash if necessary.. Let us know how it goes though.. I need to try something like this too..

My downgrade was just successful...it was with stock bios and it was just like an upgrade! So I'm with a11 now and everything is okay! I will try to install the modded one when I have time. I've already broke another mobo doing the blind flash thing so I will not risk this other doing blind flash

• Thumbs Up 1

My downgrade was just successful...it was with stock bios and it was just like an upgrade! So I'm with a11 now and everything is okay! I will try to install the modded one when I have time. I've already broke another mobo doing the blind flash thing so I will not risk this other doing blind flash

I meant that if the downgrade had failed you would need to blind flash. So no problems with downgrade at all? I have a A13 BIOS Motherboard myself and want to flash unlocked BIOS so need to downgrade. Let us know how it goes..

I meant that if the downgrade had failed you would need to blind flash. So no problems with downgrade at all? I have a A13 BIOS Motherboard myself and want to flash unlocked BIOS so need to downgrade. Let us know how it goes..

Absolutely no problem! Just use the file from dell. It will downgrade to a11 (I think is beacayse a13 is almost the same) and you can flash with prr in the main post. It's easy and safe as far as I know! If I had tried this before I would have save my other mobo without downgrading to a5. 300€ gone!:/

I had an unlocked bios for a long time, I can't think of much if anything it did for me to even have it/use it. Most the menu's were redundant versions of the menu's and then some stuff you'd never change anyways.

I had an unlocked bios for a long time, I can't think of much if anything it did for me to even have it/use it. Most the menu's were redundant versions of the menu's and then some stuff you'd never change anyways.

Changing gpu would worth it!

Changing gpu would worth it!

Why would you need it to change GPU ? You mean changing SG to PEG ? (Can't that be done in a normal bios? Or automatically)