[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

@zwang Well that picture shows that Windows sees the GPU...XMG uses with the same BIOS as the stock one, just with their logos. As do ALL Clevo re-seller. :)

You only need to install the Intel GPU Driver before the AMD GPU driver... ;)

Hello,

So i reflashed my bios with premamoded bios and i reinstalled my intel graphic gpu (HD graphics 4600). Then i install amd graphic card (R9 M290X) and windows7 recognize it like a HD8970M. The bios well detect M290x.

It's better than before because now i can use the hd 8970.

I will try to install windows 8 to see what's happend.

To follow...

Thanks for your advices.:pride:

YES, that's the right model.

So I flashed the modded BIOS, everything seems to work so far. I have to say, your modded BIOS looks great.

But I still have my original problem : I can't find any option for fan control.

As I write this, I found a workaround : Wording my google search slightly differently for then seventh time made me learn about the fn + 1 command (force fan at full speed).

It's not as good as tuning it from the BIOS, but it will do if there's no way to configure the fan from the BIOS.

Which leads me to my next question : Is there a way to configure the fan from the BIOS ?

Hello,

So i reflashed my bios with premamoded bios and i reinstalled my intel graphic gpu (HD graphics 4600). Then i install amd graphic card (R9 M290X) and windows7 recognize it like a HD8970M. The bios well detect M290x.

It's better than before because now i can use the hd 8970.

I will try to install windows 8 to see what's happend.

To follow...

Thanks for your advices.:pride:

M290X = 8970M

It' s only a re-brand... ;)

So I flashed the modded BIOS, everything seems to work so far. I have to say, your modded BIOS looks great.

But I still have my original problem : I can't find any option for fan control.

As I write this, I found a workaround : Wording my google search slightly differently for then seventh time made me learn about the fn + 1 command (force fan at full speed).

It's not as good as tuning it from the BIOS, but it will do if there's no way to configure the fan from the BIOS.

Which leads me to my next question : Is there a way to configure the fan from the BIOS ?

FN+1 is from the BIOS (EC) and on this model added by the Mod. No need to google, just read the changelog in the OP... ;)

FN+1 is from the BIOS (EC) and on this model added by the Mod. No need to google, just read the changelog in the OP... ;)

But... but there's no changelog for the W370ET Model. :confusion:

Anyway, you're telling me that fn+1 wouldn't have worked before modding the bios ? But I still can't lower the temperature at which the fan activates itself from the modded Bios, right ?

And while I'm at asking so many noobish questions, do you have any idea why my fans stopped working ? Since my pc overheated 2 days ago, it seems like my fan only naturally activates itself when my PC is about to crash (70°C+ according to speedfan). I may have the order of events mixed up though.

But... but there's no changelog for the W370ET Model. :confusion:

Anyway, you're telling me that fn+1 wouldn't have worked before modding the bios ? But I still can't lower the temperature at which the fan activates itself from the modded Bios, right ?

And while I'm at asking so many noobish questions, do you have any idea why my fans stopped working ? Since my pc overheated 2 days ago, it seems like my fan only naturally activates itself when my PC is about to crash (70°C+ according to speedfan). I may have the order of events mixed up though.

Yep, FN+1 was not included in the stock EC...the changelog is incl. in the "W3xxET" labeled one.

Your EC may have sort of "hung up" and not spin the FANs up when your system overheated. This new EC will be working as intended, don't worry. :)

What is the OV version for?? At the w370st

It overvolts the NVIDIA GPU 3D Turbo clocks in order to reach higher overclocks.

Though it is not for W370ST but W370ET!!! ;)

Prema are we Ok to flash that new Intel ME firmware or should we wait for you to create a modded version?

It's already in the OP.

ENJOY! :)

Your EC may have sort of "hung up" and not spin the FANs up when your system overheated. This new EC will be working as intended, don't worry. :)

Both EC updates (first the xmg's one, then yours) didn't change the fact than the main fan doesn't activate itself until the laptop is extremely hot (around 70°C) and even then it only works at 30-50% its max strengh.

Hence why I asked if there was a way to manually configure the fans from the bios ^^.

Both EC updates (first the xmg's one, then yours) didn't change the fact than the main fan doesn't activate itself until the laptop is extremely hot (around 70°C) and even then it only works at 30-50% its max strengh.

Hence why I asked if there was a way to manually configure the fans from the bios ^^.

Nope there is no way...70c isn't extremely hot, 90c+ is considered hot these days. ;)

Nope there is no way...70c isn't extremely hot, 90c+ is considered hot these days. ;)

Laptop crashed due to overheating while fan was only at 30-40%.

And I think it crashes when the internal temperature is around 100°C. The 70°C is according to speedfan ^^

I have seen ECs occasionally just "hanging up" and not switching FANs properly, so I would only worry if it happens again...also better use something like Throttlestop to monitor temps.

I have seen ECs occasionally just "hanging up" and not switching FANs properly, so I would only worry if it happens again...also better use something like Throttlestop to monitor temps.

God damn.. I'm really out of luck.. Clevo Sent me the laptop and still it hasn't arrived.. I miss your work and magic xD

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

Hi! I flashed the prema bios on my new Metabox P157SM laptop and it was awesome until I discovered the SATA Port 4 (the second mSata slot) doesn't work.

Need to send it back for warranty and therefore flashed back the stock bios (P15xSM_34_31_Stock).

However, the boot up screen displays "Style Note" and Aptio, instead of the original "Metabox". Should have backed up the bios before starting!

Can someone please help me?

Dear Prema,

i've read on nbr forums that you made a custom P170HM bios with increased tdp values (80w short term, 70w long term, 32s TB duration). as i own an outdated p150hm machine with 2860qm and i recently bought 240w psu, i'd love to squeeze maximum performance from what i have. so could you please provide me with that p170hm 70W_80W_32s bios?

p.s. sent you pm a whil ago, but not sure whether you saw it ;]

Hi Joo,

Sandy bridge i7 2860qm have locked multipliers. You can only set your BCLK a little higher (100->104/105) with PREMA BIOS.

If you want to have a fully unlocked cpu, get a i7 2920/2960xm.

hey EMC,

yes, i know about that. i only want turbo boost to work as it's intended to. and i'm asking for p170hm bios only because it's done already (and possibility of adjusting memory timings might be considered as a bonus).

Just to clarify that I'm after the metabox version of the stock p157sm BIOS.

Perhaps all I need is just the splash screen?

Hi! I flashed the prema bios on my new Metabox P157SM laptop and it was awesome until I discovered the SATA Port 4 (the second mSata slot) doesn't work.

Need to send it back for warranty and therefore flashed back the stock bios (P15xSM_34_31_Stock).

However, the boot up screen displays "Style Note" and Aptio, instead of the original "Metabox". Should have backed up the bios before starting!

Hello everybody.

Does anybody knows if the P170SM-A is compatible with the prema bios for the P170SM?

I just received my new laptop today with a I7-4910mq and a 880m GTX :Banane52:.

Thank you in advance.

N3ST

Hello everybody.

Does anybody knows if the P170SM-A is compatible with the prema bios for the P170SM?

Thank you in advance.

N3ST

No don't flash it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Suoah,

Thank you for your response.

I wil just have to wait for prema to do his magic again on this new model :).

Prema, if you need help let me know.

Best regards,

N3ST

Stock Clevo BIOS will be just fine. Just sent it back the way it is.

Hey, Prema. I was just wondering what your BIOS has that the stock bios doesn't for a CLEVO W150ERM? Anything useful?

Changelog is right in the OP > http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3119-%5Bbios-mods%5D-prema-mod-latest-stock-bios.html#post54055

Hello

I've flashed my w230st with V2,but a new problem occur:he blinks,then turn to black,when I use battery.Can you give me some advise? Thanks.

Remove the AC Power once while the system and plug it back after a few seconds. That will reset the EC.

(Also: The "removal of AC Power after flashing" part is important for the same reason).

Dear Prema,

i've read on nbr forums that you made a custom P170HM bios with increased tdp values (80w short term, 70w long term, 32s TB duration). as i own an outdated p150hm machine with 2860qm and i recently bought 240w psu, i'd love to squeeze maximum performance from what i have. so could you please provide me with that p170hm 70W_80W_32s bios?

p.s. sent you pm a whil ago, but not sure whether you saw it ;]

Please PM me about it, don't have the files at hand...

Hello everybody.

Thank you in advance.

N3ST

VOICE it! | Prema Mod

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic