EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Xonar

Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hello.

Found my way to this forums, from the notebookreview website. I have a 880m and alot of people are saying I need the vbios to unlock its true potential.
I have pretty much no experience with flashing gpus vbios but I guess I got to try.
Notebook: G750jz

Hello.

I registered back in March due to a need for eGPU setup. Moved away from it for a while when I moved and found myself in need of it again. Gotta game and all that.

I'm curious if this forum ASUS g75VW bios will fix some issues in linux.

I play dirt 3 on linux -> wine -> windows steam -> dirt 3 + forced directx9

I'm a long term linux user. I hardly used windows vista. I only claimed windows 10 but I do not intend to use it.

Hello, I found this forum while searching for doing a GPU upgrade on my Acer V3-771g (Geforce GT650m) notebook.

For years I've been told that GPUs simply can't be changed on a notebook, but recently I've been searching more thoroughly and found out that notebooks that uses MXM card GPUs can be upgraded, however my notebook does not have this. So I started looking into buying a new computer, but seeing as I live in Norway, a decent gaming laptop costs way too much with my current salary. Then I started looking into the "impossible" as quoted from everywhere online regarding upgrading the GPU on a notebook.

During this time, my keyboard broke and I had to send the notebook off to get repaired. While waiting for a rental computer I decided to boot up my old Dell Latitude E5420, but to my dismay it was running slower than ever. I decided to do my first ever cooling paste replacement, and with this particular notebook you have access to the CPU and cooling unit directly from the bottom cover. The replacement was done in 10 minutes. I decided to do the same to my even older (2009) Acer Aspire 5737Z. I had previously tried to open this notebook but for the life of me I couldn't understand how to even get the thing open. After some youtube browsing I found a guide, and after 2 hours of tearing the laptop completely apart I got to the motherboard, flipped it around and saw the cooling unit. 5 minutes later the paste is replaced and I start putting everything back together. Then right before attaching the keyboard I saw a connector with no cables going into it, and I was sure I had forgotten something. Ripped it apart again, got none the wiser, then downloaded a service manual. This particular connector is for a peripheral I don't have on this computer (fingerprint scanner). Put everything back together, boot up, no errors, everything runs smoothly.

But what I found while inspecting the motherboard was that the graphics unit is visibly there, and I thought that it shouldn't be that impossible to actually replace it (on my 771g). This leads to me searching around and finding out that it is soldered on (and most people still considered it impossible to upgrade for this reason). Until I found a post from this forum that somebody indeed has succeeded in the thing 99% of the internet considers an impossiblity. After reading through that post a few times and having exchanged PMs with Khenglish (who have been very helpful), I found out that I in fact can upgrade my notebooks GPU to as high as Geforce GTX 960m.

So that's my backstory as to why I'm here. I have bought a solder station and preheater for this purpose, along with a lot of equipment like thermocoupler, polyimide tape, a bottle of >99% iso-propanol, flux, solder braid, GPU cores and some more. I have spent quite a lot of money, but all of this comes down to a total of 1/4 of the price of a notebook with 960m where I live.

When I have received everything I need to do this upgrade, I will make post on this forum detailing the entire process. I still have a few things to work out regarding vBIOS. Hopefully I will be successful in my attempt.

• Thumbs Up 1

hollo, local dave(insert_whatever_cause_dave_is_always_taken) here,

found my way here through looking for modded drivers for my alienware, gonna be fun missing around with drivers for the first time in a while.

Another new member here. Found the site while searching how to unlock the lenovo y580 bios. great work from svl7!

Hi guys, I also found the site by using svl7's thread about unlock the lenovo y510p bios.

I have been a member for a while but I haven't been active much. I have a m17x r3 with an 880m that brought me here. 

I am a telecommunications engineer from New York. Pleased to meet everyone!!!

Hello all,
Found my way to this forums, by googling the problem of throttling on my new gpu . I have a sli 880m and alot of people are saying I need the vbios to unlock its true potential.
I have a bit of experience with moderating computers, but more on the hardware side rather than programming. i have swopped my old sli gtx 780m on the 880m and now think that it is more of a pain in the a**
Notebook: alienware 18

would prefer some help from you on how to fix the problems

On 03.12.2016 at 5:46 PM, barnito said:

I have been a member for a while but I haven't been active much. I have a m17x r3 with an 880m that brought me here. 

I am a telecommunications engineer from New York. Pleased to meet everyone!!!

pleased to meet you too

Hi, I am a new member from Ottawa Ontario. I am a smart home automation installer using Control4 mostly. I am here because I own the Lenovo y500 and looking to mod it.

Hello everyone here,

I came here looking for informations about upgrading my Alienware M17xR4. This is a 2012 laptop and I want to keep it again for something like 1 or 2 years so I want to upgrade it a little. I already upgraded CPU, RAM, changed HDD and SSD, in a few days I'll reveive a new GPU and a mSATA SSD which will be used as cache for HDD. Next year I think I'll buy a new laptop with 6820HK and GTX 1070, if prices will decrease but until then I want to play my games with high settings so a little overclock will be required, so I have a few things to ask. Thanks all for sharing knowledge.

Hi There!.

I Found TI by svl7 Lenovo's Y500 bios mod.

Already installed an NGFF-SSD and now I'm looking for a new wifi-AC card.

Hi everyone!

I found this forum looking for informations about modding on my pc, an Acer Predator 15. I wanted to replace the vbios with a custom one in order to unlock voltage controls and clock limits (my laptop has a gtx 970m 3gb) and I instantly received support from the modders, even if I haven't been promoted yet and I can't access to the files I need. Anyway I'm really interested in joining this community and I hope I'll feel good here, maybe one day I could be more useful to the other members. Thank you for the help.

Hello, I am Armin from Bosnia, and I have HP elitebook 8570p. I came here to learn and help people, and also turn this elitebook to extremebook.  If someone could enable my account that would be wonderfull.

Hello all,

found this forum by google and found here the inspiration of setting up an eGPU. Lot of high quality instructions and know how here.

Regards,

I found this site on google search trying to learn more about mod for alienware m11x r3 .I see very interesting things here but low activity on threads I found interesting .....

hello everyone!

i'm new to this forum et i try to update my clevo P150EM . i hope find what i'm looking for...

thanks friends

Hi all

Im a 30 years old polish gamer who recently bought a Medion bran GT60 MSI laptop upgraded to 880m. Im having a bit of performance issues with this card and thats the reason im here

Hello,
I'm looking to get into bios modding again, (mostly gpu modding but possibly some mobo bios modding as well). Last time I did this sort of thing it was when I unlocked the shaders on my HD6950!
Hoping to get back on my feet with this community

hi guys, my first post! i am Dom nice to meet you all!

I've got an Alienware m15x and I'm trying to unlock it's true potential with your help!