[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

OK, so I'm apparently completely inept, but I can't figure out what the benefits of having this modded BIOS is? I have a Sager NP9150 that I've flashed with this BIOS, but aside from the snazzy boot screen grafx and the fact that my Windows 7 now indicates that it's not genuine anymore, I don't seen any new options in the BIOS menu and my computer benchmarks exactly the same as it did before the flash. What am I missing here?

OK, so I'm apparently completely inept, but I can't figure out what the benefits of having this modded BIOS is? I have a Sager NP9150 that I've flashed with this BIOS, but aside from the snazzy boot screen grafx and the fact that my Windows 7 now indicates that it's not genuine anymore, I don't seen any new options in the BIOS menu and my computer benchmarks exactly the same as it did before the flash. What am I missing here?

From the changelog:

- Fixed SATA RAID boot delay (this time for good) icon_wink.gif?m=1129645325g

- Sata RAID updated to v12.7.0.1936 (Legacy & UEFI)

- Fixed boot logo overlay bug of stock BIOS (P370EMx)

- Added full fan speed mode (Press FN+9 to toggle on/off)

- Merged BIOS & EC into a single file

- Enabled RAID on all models (0,1,5,10)

- Promoted “Configurable TDP” to “UP”-state (P15xEM models)

- Raised Long Duration Turbo Time to 120s (Longer Turbo Boost)

- T1 command rate for all 4 RAM DIMMs (snappier)

-Added 2T EDITION (Tad slower, but proven more stable with difficult RAM like 2133Mhz & 32GB)

- Added NON Win8 Mode UEFI BOOT support (For dual boot & Linux systems)

- Added Trusted Computing Menu for P370EMx (only on supported boards)

- Realtek PCIe oROM updated to v2.55

- Intel ME Firmware updated to custom v8.1.40.1416

- Intel HD oROM updated to modded v2158

(fixed: HDMI Audio, ext. Dispaly detection, brightness control)

- Various CPU Microcodes added & updated

- Alternative Keyboard Layout Version (K1/K2)

- New Prema Mod style

- XTU Support now for all P-EM-Series Models:

Via Intel XTU:

• CPU Overclocking (3720QM+)
  • iGPU Overclocking
  • Adjustable CPU TDP, BCLK & RAM Speed & Timings

Dear Prema congratulations for your hard work. I need your help please. My W230ST has a 4700MQ CPU, during booting it shows 3.2 ghz, shouldn't be 3.4ghz? I mean this extra 200 hz make a difference he he he.....My bios is 1.00.04. Is it that bad or should I update? Please enlighten me.

Hi Prema, many thanks for all your hard work with these BIOS! I just flashed your v1 BIOS onto my W230ST, but I've noticed a strange issue, sometimes after turning off my laptop with either Shutdown or Hibernate from Windows 7 x64, my laptop turns itself back on. It usually happens 5-10 minutes after the shutdown/hibernate, and after I've closed the lid. The problem does not happen always, maybe 1 in every 5 shutdowns. It's very bizarre.

I was not getting this problem with the BIOS which came from the factory, which were 1.00.002 BIOS/1.00.001 EC. I went from those BIOS straight to your v1 BIOS (based on EC 5). Later today, I will try flashing the stock EC5 BIOS and see if I still get this problem.

I admit that when I first installed your v1 BIOS, I did not flash the changed Nvidia vBIOS which you included, as I planned to flash my own custom vBIOS later on, so I skipped calling xx.bat and went straight to xxx.bat in your update.bat file. Could it be possible that not having your new vBIOS would cause this? It would seem odd that differing vBIOS would cause a system to turn on all by itself 5-10 minutes after it was shutdown.

Have you ever encountered this issue? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Dear Prema congratulations for your hard work. I need your help please. My W230ST has a 4700MQ CPU, during booting it shows 3.2 ghz, shouldn't be 3.4ghz? I mean this extra 200 hz make a difference he he he.....My bios is 1.00.04. Is it that bad or should I update? Please enlighten me.

That's normal it just shows the the 4 core Turbo instead the advertised 1 core Turbo.

The bigger Problem is you still haven't flashed the Mod... ;)

...sometimes after turning off my laptop with either Shutdown or Hibernate from Windows 7 x64, my laptop turns itself back on...

...Have you ever encountered this issue? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry I haven't seen that on my system...

At least it can not be related to using the stock Clevo vBIOS.

BTW the incl. vBIOS has voltage and core limits unlocked and never throttles even on 350Mhz+...

I wouldn't avoid using a base version designed for another system as this is a on board card and they have many memory-voltage, -timings etc customizations which usually result in funny graphic glitches when crossflashed to another board and then OCed.

I'm sorry, I've already registered but I can't download your attachments. Why?

Welcome to T|I :)

It is mandatory for some features (just like on NBR etc) to make 5 quality posts in order to become a full member and have download rights, make PMs etc.

Just look around the place here and see if you can help someone out with a reply... :)

Prema you are a genius! You really have saved my bacon.

Booting off the USB 2 drive worked and so did the flash of the Bios. Not only can I get back into my computer after thinking I had killed it but it seems to have fixed all of my crashes and blue screen problems! That really is great, thank you a lot.

Now I hope Nvidia just improved their drivers and this little laptop should be able to do wonders :)

I haven't put your modded BIOS on yet as I am just happy things are working and I think your modded one is mostly to pay around with over-clocking and I am not quite ready for that.

Thanks again, I will keep following your progress.

p.s. Did you know that Prema Mod | Giving you the freedom of choice is blocked in China? Most strange!

Prema you are a genius! You really have saved my bacon.

Booting off the USB 2 drive worked and so did the flash of the Bios. Not only can I get back into my computer after thinking I had killed it but it seems to have fixed all of my crashes and blue screen problems! That really is great, thank you a lot.

Now I hope Nvidia just improved their drivers and this little laptop should be able to do wonders :)

I haven't put your modded BIOS on yet as I am just happy things are working and I think your modded one is mostly to pay around with over-clocking and I am not quite ready for that.

Thanks again, I will keep following your progress.

p.s. Did you know that Prema Mod | Giving you the freedom of choice is blocked in China? Most strange!

Glad its back to life! The Mod has many other updates and fixes apart from the additional Settings (which you don't have to touch at all if you don't want to).

wordpress is blocked entirely in China...are you able to enter through the premamod.com re-direct?

**Warning for anyone updating BIOS / EC using stock update packages ***

(This warning is not valid for PREMA MOD update packages)

Some units like the W230ST, P370SM / P375SM / P570WM, and only in some cases will activate a security warning ("beep") after you update the EC. This is due to a "stuck" sensor value. In some cases it will go away after some hours, with luck it won´t shutdown the unit, but IN SOME CASES it will shutdown the unit after some minutes.

So... if you jump straight to Bios update after updating the EC you might get your unit shut down during the update process and get a brick.

So please, after updating the EC turn on the unit, and before updating BIOS wait like 1 - 2 minutes to be sure it wont "beep". If it does beep the easy way is to remove the small battery cell, open the bottom cover (W230ST) and remove the small battery cell, it will reset it, for the other models the battery cell is under the keyboard. IF you don´t want to have the trouble to remove the small battery you can just wait 4-6 hours untill it resets ^(weird i know).

I think this warning is fair enogh since already had 3 units bricked coming in, and myself bricked two P370SM.

EDIT: Just gave a look into the package from Prema, which for my above warning only matters for W230ST, and the way PREMA does the BIOS update it seems you would never have the problem i reported, since it updates bios and ec at the same time.

So please keep in mind that this warning is valid only for stock bios update packages not for PREMA work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey John :)

Yeah Clevo made a a strange choice, but there is a much easier way for regular Clevo updates:

- Flash EC with AC Adapter connected

- After automatic shutdown unplug the AC Adapter for like 30 seconds

- Plug it back in and flash the BIOS

(This forces the EC into an other power state and thus refreshes the temperature reading)

(As you said my Mods flash both in one go with the EC after the BIOS, so all that is required on my versions is to unplug the AC Adapter after the flashes are complete)

There is also a recovery for all these models,so unless it shuts-down during the boot sector flash it can not brick by flashing stock BIOS/EC

Hey John :)

Yeah Clevo made a a strange choice, but there is a much easier way for regular Clevo updates:

- Flash EC with AC Adapter connected

- After automatic shutdown unplug the AC Adapter for like 30 seconds

- Plug it back in and flash the BIOS

(This forces the EC into an other power state and thus refreshes the temperature reading)

(As you said my Mods flash both in one go with the EC after the BIOS, so all that is required on my versions is to unplug the AC Adapter after the flashes are complete)

There is also a recovery for all these models,so unless it shuts-down during the boot sector flash it can not brick by flashing stock BIOS/EC

Hummm weird with at least one W230ST i still got the warning after unplug the AC, i even removed the battery, and it still was going on... better play it safe and if using the clevo package just wait some time before updating the bios to be sure there´s no stuck value and it won´t start the warning beep.

We´re getting units from clients and if this keeps going a lot of resellers are going to have a hardtime.

About the recovery tool i wasn´t able to use it with the P370SM and im sure the unit shutdown after boot flash section, it was the only one i had to return to clevo, btw the info i got is that correct file name for recovery is P370SM.ROM right?

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic