NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Better performance running benchmarks or gaming? I went from a 680m to a 780m and now dual 880m's. I can say that for Gaming the dual 680m's are going to be the best even with a lower clock I would think as they are around 30% faster then a 780m. But if I had to choose between those two then it would come down to what you want to do with them. Gaming wise the 880m stock vs a 780 stock are going to be almost neck to neck depending on the game. With a the vbios mod the 880m for sure why not free oc. Or you could use the 780m vbios mod oc it as well to match the 880m but from what I saw it still may not perform better game wise. If you are going for benchmarks then test all of them and see.

I dont want to flame here but what u said makes no sense cause its not my question why am i able to get +1000Mhz on this 880m while others crash at 500+. Both overclocked with inspector.

Do u even own a 880M to test before u talk?

thats what i want to know. Since we both use inspector for overclocking right? we should see the same results on gpu can u check your memory chips names?

ill do it aswell. You got clevo 880M im sure its 8GB aswell.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11813[/ATTACH]

I don't need to own an 880M in order to understand how they work - they are Kepler GPU's. If you don't understand my post, then it is you that doesn't actually understand your GPU. Anyway, I'm done on this topic, I apologise for being a little aggressive with you in some of my posts, but I think it's because I was pissed off that you'd ignored about 3 of my posts when I was trying to help you earlier with your stability problems (before we started talking about the whole memory clock reporting thing) - I shouldn't have taken that tack & attitude. Anyway, I'll break the cycle & leave it now.

Can I use all of these BIOS versions for my 680m? What is the right bios for my 680m? (Dell Alienware M18xR2)

Here is my card

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11807[/ATTACH]

Can someone please help me for my question?

Can someone please help me for my question?

I hadn't answered your question because I didn't know of the top of my head. But, I did just do a quick search of this thread (using the forum search function), and I did come up with this post where it seems like there might be some kind of limits to how much you can overclock the core when using the M18xR2 (old post & might not be relevant though):

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-51.html#post30161

Although, I know Mr Fox used to have 680M sli that he overclocked to really high levels, so it must be possible. Have a search in this thread to see what more you can find.

The modified vBIOS you flash - make sure it is one that has come from a card with the same amount of VRAM as your card.

EDIT: just noticed the last one in your list has the same vBIOS version number as your existing card. I think you'll be ok flashing that one.

Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00.zip

1 - Yes, since your system officially supports the 680m.

2 - Not sure what you mean... Restoring the vbios? Yeah, make a backup and then you can flash it back anytime. If you loose it... well, you'll find a copy of the vbios on the web. Or here, if you ask.

So, I'll give it a try when Nvidia releases a new driver, because now I'm with "no computer", my Sager NP9370 was working 100% with the old 335.23 WHQL driver, but the new one 337.88 WHQL is horrible, it doesn't detect my GPUs correctly, the videos and images are "strange", not "seamless", like you see the gradient in the images, problems and problems, I even formatted my notebook and didn't work, so for now I'm using my little XPS14 with 630M, that I won't do anything as I only use it to programming and music. (:

I'm a little excited to flash my 680M SLi and make it even better, it's a nice GPU, a little old but can run things in Ultra even nowadays. :o

Thanks for reply.

can u run a 3dmark 11 +500 memory and post ur screen.

Here is one from a couple of days ago. I am also running at +100 on the GPU as well. I see some throttling on the GPU due to heat. These settings are no good for gaming, just benching.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7 4900MQ,Notebook P17SM-A

3DMarkP9156_zps5e5ede89.jpg

3DM11-92c125mv2997mem1084cpu_zps134ff8fd.jpg

Can i undervolt a gtx680m 2GB?

Ok, thanks.

I don't think you can undervolt the 680M vBIOS, I don't think they're voltage adjustable via software. Flash it though, and try (NVidia Inspector).

The version to go with a 680M SLi in a Clevo Barebone is the "Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1050v.zip", right?

What's the difference between the 1000v, 1025v and 1050v?

Different voltages by the look of it! ;-) 1V, 1.025V, 1.05V

Can i undervolt a gtx680m 2GB?
I don't think you can undervolt the 680M vBIOS, I don't think they're voltage adjustable via software. Flash it though, and try (NVidia Inspector).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11794[/ATTACH]

Yes you can, request it here (please donate) http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7-15.html#post94433

as a last resort i tried to install the 337.50 beta video-driver (the one before the 337.88).

so far it looks good. stable clocks (993mhz) and 84°C max. temp at watchdogs / firestrike.

lets hope it really has been a driver glitch and future version wont have this problem, whatever it was.

just another update: unfortunatly, after a few system restarts, i ran into the same problem as before. throttle and unstable core-clocks + video-driver crashes.

i have given up at this point and will wait for the next driver-release, maybe it will fix some of these problems.

6zumlachen - what crashed when you are on the PSU? what OC are you running?

even without OC...its just crashing if i use the battery only...its freezing and asking me to use iGPU which is disabled cause of my 120HZ display.

I havent tested more so far try urself..u can always flash the original vbios back.

I overclocked the VRAM, the system crashed a bunch of times and now the GPUs behave worse than a freaking intel HD,

I've tried everything, reflashing the stock VBIOS, reinstalling the driver, The 327.23 driver won't install here (I can't seem to do that inf mod properly for the 880M) I don't know what to do, I am starting to get desperate here.

Here is the latest score with the muzzled GPUs

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4900MQ,Alienware 0FT9KT

UPDATE: Not even system restore got to fix this.

I just flashed the GTX 880M VBIOS on both my cards, I didn't tweak any setting whatsoever and it already appears to run faster :)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4900MQ,Alienware 0FT9KT

- DDU (safe mode)

- GeForce 327.23 WHQL

- Display.Driver, Copy/overwrite nvdmn.inf

Safe mode (F8) / disable driver signing.

cmd (admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes

-> reboot

Exit test mode

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard
bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no

nvdmn.inf_v327.23_AW18_880M.zip

- DDU (safe mode)

- GeForce 327.23 WHQL

- Display.Driver, Copy/overwrite nvdmn.inf

Safe mode (F8) / disable driver signing.

cmd (admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes

-> reboot

Exit test mode

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard
bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no

Installing the 327.23 driver fixed the problem, but as soon as I reinstall 337.88 the problem occurs again, that means I can't keep my GPU up to date which is a definite no go for me.

Is there any way to fix the problem permantly so I can use the up to date driver again?

(if I can't, I may have to call Alienware for a replacement, because you can't do anything without these performances, and without new driver updates I can't get new SLI profiles and new optimizations)

In fact the 327.23 driver will not allow me to switch the 880M to SLI mode at all.

• Brian featured this topic