X7200 vs M18x which one would you choose?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. X7200 vs M18x which one would you choose?

• M18x
    • X7200

Do you know, Clevo X7200 is a BEAST , Kicks the [/butt]\ of M18x ,heheheeh

x990 at 4.4 GHz in Air makes i7 2960xm hide under bed. what do you think of your selves , desktop parts cannot be comparted with laptop parts ,so with a i7 990X at 4.4 beats the i7 3960X .

Anyone wana be beat me ,

3dmark11 with i7 980x gtx 580 sli = 8890

Power: you just neeed only one psu to power on this beast, you dont have to carry two psu ,lol .

and if you set power saving and disable one gtx 580 and turn on optimus , I can use this for 1 hour an 15 mins.

Edited by evgasr2
to = two

• Founder
Do you know, Clevo X7200 is a BEAST , Kicks the [/butt]\ of M18x ,heheheeh

x990 at 4.4 GHz in Air makes i7 2960xm hide under bed. what do you think of your selves , desktop parts cannot be comparted with laptop parts ,so with a i7 990X at 4.4 beats the i7 3960X .

Anyone wana be beat me ,

3dmark11 with i7 980x gtx 580 sli = 8890

Power: you just neeed only one psu to power on this beast, you dont have to carry two psu ,lol .

and if you set power saving and disable one gtx 580 and turn on optimus , I can use this for 1 hour an 15 mins.

Optimus isn't supported for the X7200. If you can get 8890 3dmark 11 with the X7200, post a screenshot with the CPU-Z, GPU-Z and ThrottleStop showing the score.

omg sorry its 8295 ,

look at the GPU and CPU score.

11.jpg

Look at the 3dmark vantage , I dont think any alienware on this world can get that much, and this was with i7 980X , if it was an i7 990X imagine.

CLEVO X7200 ------->>>>>> :beat_shot:(Alienware M18x)

45.jpg

post-2997-14494992754579_thumb.jpg

Edited by evgasr2
  • Thumbs Up 1

look at the vantage, hehehe any one up to break it?

no one in the world with alienware m18x can break the vantage score. funni fellos.

Stop posting such intentionally provocative posts. Also your tone is not T|I conform ("funny fellows").

Now look at the scores you posted... @Jimbo just smashed the 3dM11 score, and regarding the Vantage... it clearly had PhysX turned on, so the CPU test run on the Nvidia GPUs, that's not a regular score and absolutely useless for comparison.

It's pretty pathetic posting random screenshots of scores which haven't been run on the own system, lack a lot of information and in addition to this saying "omg, look your system sucks". We don't need this here.

You're welcome to post substantial, regular and complete scores, preferably run on your own system. This can bring nice competition and interesting comparisons. If you can't do this, then refrain from posting scores and unfounded claims.

• Thumbs Up 3

Did you run your vantage with PPU disabled ticked in the "main" tab in the program. Because it severely inflates the GPU score. I can see the 990X @4.1Ghz getting around 40k CPU score in Vantage. No way it can get 71k on its own. A 3960X @4.8Ghz can't even do that.

Make sure you check this to make this a fair test:

Laptop Forums and Notebook Computer Discussion

Anyways the comparison is not good, the M18x has a mobile CPU and the 990X is a desktop one. The 2960XM consumes up to 100w of power whereas the 990X consumes way over 150W. Technically an unfair test. But if comparing the best of the best, then sure, the x7200 does beat the M18x in some cases. Obviously not in 3DMark 11 but possibly in Vantage.

Edit: Beat me to it. evgasr2 = what I call "troll baiter". Not quite troll but will cause uproar in places filled with them. Here at T|I we support good competition but none of that.

Edited by widezu69

wow this is so gay like katy perrys song :P so just enable physx how on vantage i want to show what m18x can really do how do i enable like clevo guy?

hehehe, guys its correct the score is with physx turned on,

im seriously sorry , yesterday I was in a bad mood,

btw: I think Alienware M18x and Clevo X7200 , are mostly the same, Clevo crappy design , best performance because 2x @ 16x ,triple channel ,3 hdd's

Alienware nice design , crappy performace because 2x @ 8x , dual channel , 2 hdd's.

ok , il post a screen shot with physx off.

• Founder
hehehe, guys its correct the score is with physx turned on,

im seriously sorry , yesterday I was in a bad mood,

btw: I think Alienware M18x and Clevo X7200 , are mostly the same, Clevo crappy design , best performance because 2x @ 16x ,triple channel ,3 hdd's

Alienware nice design , crappy performace because 2x @ 8x , dual channel , 2 hdd's.

ok , il post a screen shot with physx off.

Crappy performance? You realize M18x when overclocked BEATS a Clevo X7200 (WHEN overclocked) don't you? Triple channel ram + extra HDD don't = faster notebook. The X7200 is using an older generation processor for the CPU, even if its a desktop processor it's not as efficient as SB per clock. That's why an overclocked 2960xm can beat a 980-990x in most games. It's only when you use an application that takes advantage of 8 or more threads that the older 980/990x gain a somewhat small advantage. Given the high TDP of the 980x-990x and the insane PSU requirement, its not worth having.

Maybe the refresh for the X7200 will be worth looking at since it has the new E processors but its still the same ugly blocky design. Clevo right now makes the ugliest notebooks of all the manufacturers. Even Samsung is kicking their ass in notebook design and they're offering top end GPUs as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

yes i wont, and will beat m18x always, did anyone say that , with physx turned on that will beat my x7200 :P hehehe

still now , no one did. I feel sad about m18x .

thanks dude i plan to attempt to match your score... but i was sick yesterday with food poisoning and violently vomited 6 times over 18hours. I have not been able to do anything on a computer as ive been trying to just keep liquids down. As soon as im up to health ill give a go. I see you expect instantaneously a retort score to go head to head with you... i will attempt but please be patient while waiting for your competition... :|

So do i need to have full version of vantage in order to disable PPU guys @StamatisX ? Btw how does one try to compare sli cards to a single gpu or 6core vs 4 core... when comparing apples to apples and oranges a 990x's advantages are only in its 5th and 6th core... they produce more heat and less score per clock over Sandybridge when compared with same cores... our bios allows to turn off 1,2,3 cores... do you dare post a score begotten with 4 cores only? Either way when im feeling better ill try to beat the 6core score anyway... again can the free version of Vantage use PPU disabled?

You can get a free code for vantage off YouTube easily. Anyways, would love to see your score. Akaik it's M18x vs Clevo x7200, doesn't matter about specs (you get a sexy design with the most powerful mobile CPU or an ugly body with a desktop CPU and 6 cores...). 6 cores desktop would be great for rendering lmao ^.^ if you can keep them clocks for long periods.

Edited by GeoCake

You can get a free code for vantage off YouTube easily. Anyways, would love to see your score. Akaik it's M18x vs Clevo x7200, doesn't matter about specs (you get a sexy design with the most powerful mobile CPU or an ugly body with a desktop CPU and 6 cores...). 6 cores desktop would be great for rendering lmao ^.^ if you can keep them clocks for long periods.

i can see that for sure... like you said its m18x vs clevo. Ill give a go like i said. Do i really need that version to do this though? If i can just do it on demo ill do it that way.

we need someone with an extreme chip and 580SLI to silence this dude. @Brian ? @mw86 ?

its on for sure im working on feeling better ill see if i can get a run done tonight. Much agreed Michael. A friend just pmd me i might have full version for use tonight ;) thanks buddy you know who you are :)