eGPU experiences [version 2.0]

Tech Inferno Fan

Set it to Gen1 and try it again with the PE4L 1.5

where is this option in BIOS? i am using 29CN38WW(V2.15) BIOS this is latest verion for Lenovo G560

- - - Updated - - -

i am yet not having GPU if i have http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PE4L-V1-5-Express-to-PCIE1x-Adapter/579661927.html eGPU adapter kit then i dont suppose the GPU for this might be available so i should better buy http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PCIe-card-extender-adapter-for-notebooks-PE4H-v2-4a-EC2C-v1-2/426312359.html, i know that this is 2.0 link and my system support only x1 link but i dont think x1 GPU i will get in market i am yet to buy GPU for my new eGPU setup @gothic860

im using a 660 to run the internal eGPU set up but i still cant get it to work i am using GEFORCE R304 DRIVER which i think is the 32 bit version of the 306.97WHQL driver but i cant seem to get it to run... can anyone help me oout here?

- - - Updated - - -

im using a 660 to run the internal eGPU set up but i still cant get it to work i am using GEFORCER304 DRIVER which i think is the 32 bit version of the 306.97WHQL driver but i cant seem to get it to run... can anyone help me oout here?

Sorry, I'm also new about this topic.

I have same laptop with buhnanafone.

Actually im thinking about buying this new GTX 980 card for my Dell XPS L502x.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NI5DA2E/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and I confused about the 2x6pins, because generally people used vga with 1x6pin.

So is this vga are compatible for PE4L 2.1b or PE4H 3.2 (PM3M)?

I'm really interested to have this vga for boosting my games in internal LCD.

Thanks!

Sorry, I'm also new about this project and I have dell xps l502x.

Intel i7 2630QM @2GHz, 6GB RAM,Intel HD3000 and GT540M.

I'm really interested to have this vga for boosting my games in internal LCD and im thinking about buying this new GTX 980 card for my Dell XPS L502x.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER but I confused about the 2x6pins, because generally people used vga with 1x6pin.

So is this vga are compatible for PE4L 2.1b or PE4H 3.2 (PM3M)?

Thanks!

gtx980 is the highest one i think very expensive one you buying, and sorry i am also new to this project i am planning to buy gtx 460 but i am not able to find at my place may i knew any alternative for it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

gtx980 is the highest one i think very expensive one you buying, and sorry i am also new to this project i am planning to buy gtx 460 but i am not able to find at my place may i knew any alternative for it?

bruh, id recomend the evga 750 ti sc because it doesnt require extra juice, and it has a low tpd

In Amazon, GTX 780ti is more expensive than GTX 980 and it already the newest advance gpu for now so I planning to buy this card.

Just research in Amazon and anything would be there.

Will it support for my system ?

I have a 13in retina macbook pro connected through thunderbolt with an akitio thunder2 box to a GTX770 all running on windows 8.1 pro, i plug everything in boot up and don't get a display internally or externally. since i have no display i don't have any drivers installed either. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

I have a 13in retina macbook pro connected through thunderbolt with an akitio thunder2 box to a GTX770 all running on windows 8.1 pro, i plug everything in boot up and don't get a display internally or externally. since i have no display i don't have any drivers installed either. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

<strike>hello i think you need to do some BIOS settings also</strike>

Nando4 correction>> Macbook has no bios settings.

would really appriciate help me to solve my eGPU problem... im using a 660 as you recommended to run the internal eGPU set up but i still cant get it to work i am using GEFORCER304 DRIVER which i think is the 32 bit version of the 306.97WHQL driver but i cant seem to get it to run... please tell me on how to procede on from here...

Hi everyone.

Just reviewing the http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-thunderbolt-expresscard-mpcie-egpus.html#post89707 and seeing there's a need to normalize the shorthand bandwidth designations given to give a cleaner, at-a-glance ranking.

This is what we are looking at so far with my suggest naming to

16Gbps-TB2 (x4 2.0 Thunderbolt2)

10Gbps-TB1 (x4 2.0 - limited downlink to 10Gbps Thunderbolt1)

8Gbps-TB1 (x2 2.0 - Thunderbolt1 limited to 8Gbps by x2 2.0 electrical link)

4Gbps-EC or 4Gbps-mPCIe (x1 2.0 link)

2Gbps-EC or 2Gbps mPCIe (x1 1.1 link)

** Add a "C" on the end of 4Gbps/2Gbps to signify NVidia x1 pci-e compression, eg:

4Gbps.C-EC

2Gbps.C-EC

Previously we referred to x1.2Opt, 1.1Opt, etc. Those are 5Gbps/2.5Gbps links with PCIe compression on. After the 8B/10B encoding encoding overhead those links drop down to 4Gbps/2Gbps.

Anybody want to weigh on any better shorthand designation for the bandwidths we are dealing with?

Hi guys, still deciding on my which gpu to get for my i7 2nd gen laptop running @ 2ghz... Will a gtx 760 or gtx 660 be a bottleneck for my system?? the 660 should be fine right? thanks in advanced :)

Hi want try to contribute with my understanding of the eGPU, since I have been researching for that and will build my first next week.

Most important bottleneck it's the available bandwidth between your laptop and the external GPU, dependent from the kind of interface you can use: ExpressCard, miniPCIe or Thunderbolt?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello! Forgive me for my bad English. I use the mac mini 2012 + exp gdc v6 + sonnet echo expresscard + gtx660. Followed your instructions - everything is working, but do not increase the load GPU fan speed. How can I fix it in OS X? what program I can see the temperature of the GPU?

I have a late 2013 Macbook Pro 13 inch hooked up to a Akitio Thunder2 box with a Gigabyte GTX 770. It has a normal bootcamp install and I am using a powered riser to accommodate the lack in slot power. I turn on the PSU and box at the same exact time and then try to boot-up and every time without fail i get a blank display internally and externally. Does anyone know what is going wrong?

UPDATE: Got it to work on an external display but i still can't seem to get optimus to activate.

Hi guys.

Just wanted to share some performance info from my newly arrived Zotac GTX 970.

3DMARK06: GPU: 21049 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G46VW

3DMARK11: GPU: 10980 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G46VW

3DMARK Vant: crashed right in the beginning of CPU test 2 (which seems to be a bug), anyone familiar with this please help me!

3DMARK13: 'hard crashes' right after the wing suit demo (she enters the cave), right now I'm investigating if my DA-2 (custom cabling) is to weak on some 12V rail since it indicates on overload.

I did measure up to 175W (!!!) in 3DMARK13, which makes me think all this "146W TDP talk" is waaay off.

Ran Borderlands 2 for ~20min for a test: 1080P, Physx = High, no significant slow downs / fps drops! :)

This game has been unplayable with my GTX 670 with Physx above low.

• Thumbs Up 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.