Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hi All,

came here because I *finally* got my M17x R4 laptop. and now that I have it (after waiting 6 months or so), I want to optimize the heck out of it! :-)

it has a 3820QM CPU, 16G, and a nVidia 680M. all prime candidates for pushing past the conservative settings Dell sets them up with.

now plowing through lots of setFSB, vbios, thermal paste, GPU-Z, and associated material scattered all over the Internet.

this forum drew me like a moth to light as there are so many great posts here regarding overclocking.

Thanks all!

• Thumbs Up 3

for the M17x newcomers like myself, this post by The_MOO has most of what you need to know in one place

How to overclock the M15x,M17x GPU and the M17x CPU

You also want to read the vbios flashing guide by svl7

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

and then go find the right vbios itself. again, thanks to svl7

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey guys new to the site and this kind of community. I collect systems such as Xbox360 or ps3's (not sure how to make those plural lol) and try to fix them. I'm self taught so I'm not a pro but I can fix a red ring or get a disc tray to stop sticking so I think that's pretty good self taught. I love gaming I've been collecting games for years, granted most are scratched or to worn and unable to play but I'm learning how to better understand my systems to fix that problem. So if at all possible throw me in the right direction toward better understanding my gaming systems and thanks for having me and I hope to be a life long member and soon once I can get back onto my feet would love to donate to the site.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome Milenko to Tech Inferno. As Svl7 said we love mods :) sounds like you will fit right in :) I did hear on first xbox you could raise the laser power just a little and it would read discs much better.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

Hey y'all! Found this forum about a week ago and registered 2 days ago.

I've seen a lot of impressive work/mods and usefull tips so far and I'm sure that's not the last of it. Happy to be here!

/Rob

• Thumbs Up 6

Hi Everybody! I've recently singed up here. I've been following NBR in the past mostly for information that I needed regarding mods I wanted to do to my laptops. I've been able to learn a lot there, thanks to everybody who (are actually already here) shares and takes the time to help other people out. NBR has been an invaluable part of this hobby of mine. So it's sad to see it "going to the dogs", so to speak.

I look forward to learning a lot more here as most of the members I personally view as very talented and very helpful all seem to be here already. :Banane16:

Thanks.

Sonny xD

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi Everybody! I've recently singed up here. I've been following NBR in the past mostly for information that I needed regarding mods I wanted to do to my laptops. I've been able to learn a lot there, thanks to everybody who (are actually already here) shares and takes the time to help other people out. NBR has been an invaluable part of this hobby of mine. So it's sad to see it "going to the dogs", so to speak.

I look forward to learning a lot more here as most of the members I personally view as very talented and very helpful all seem to be here already. :Banane16:

Thanks.

Sonny xD

Thanks Sonny its great to have you with us. Welcome to Tech Inferno.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

mww86, Michael, StamastiX & svl7- Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! This type of "welcome" coming from you "highly respected guys" makes feel quite at home. Can't wait to start hitting the threads that will help me on my current M17xR2 build. It was initially supposed to be a somewhat long-term plan it terms of doing the upgrades, but I guess I was bitten by the "upgrade bug", as I've deviated from my plan and somewhat sped things up. LOL! I guess this is what sometimes happens. :congratulatory:

• Thumbs Up 3

Joined site the other month on my tablet. Good old username typo.

Regardless TI has a wealth of information and very intelligent users including hardware hackers. Great place to pick up info.

I don't post much but I have occasionally on nbr and xda. Will continue lurking and reading the threads here on TI

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi all, I just started following here recently, and am a member of NBR. The difference I feel is that the majority of the people here are enthusiasts and computer experts, whereas a larger proportion of the NBR community are general consumers. Glad to be a part of this forum!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello world!

(the fact I find that funny must mean I am destined to program in some form or another)

My name is Anthony and I've been a computing addict since I could read and bang on the keys. A former heavy gamer, I'm a grad student in the biological sciences now and I've been taken on the road of computational image analysis (because seriously, what wouldn't make a microscope more fun than attaching a robot to it and capturing more images than you could ever hope to look at?). As such, I always have a thirst for more power and greater throughput (reminiscent of chasing 100+ FPS in my old Counterstrike days). That said, I've found this forum an excellent resource of like-minded folks who appreciate the power of computing and are eager to stretch a few more FLOPS at the small expense of some personal elbow grease.

Tweak on!

(oh, and the DJ part - I'm a mobile DJ and audio enthusiast on nights and weekends: Versatile Beats Productions - A Charleston, SC DJ and Mobile Entertainment Service)

• Thumbs Up 4

Hi all,

Just read thru all the posted.. Crazy stuff. I guess I didn't get that deep into NBR. I would like to thank Xonar for leading me here (he doesn't even know it).. But glad I found where he went too. Look forward to one day flashing my GT680R with his work.

Happy tweaking

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi all,

Just read thru all the posted.. Crazy stuff. I guess I didn't get that deep into NBR. I would like to thank Xonar for leading me here (he doesn't even know it).. But glad I found where he went too. Look forward to one day flashing my GT680R with his work.

Happy tweaking

I do now! :D

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi all, I used to be a NBR lurker but I decided to set roots here as tech forums should be just that, straight up about the tech, not politics nor having to suck up to sponsors to the detriment of the users. My shepherds were UncleWebb and Tech Inferno Fan after discovering that they moved here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi all, I used to be a NBR lurker but I decided to set roots here as tech forums should be just that, straight up about the tech, not politics nor having to suck up to sponsors to the detriment of the users. My shepherds were unclewebb and Tech Inferno Fan after discovering that they moved here. I've got an old M1530 that I plan to hit the limits with (Now to see if I can actually find that elusive PLL chip) before I eventually upgrade.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to T|I!!

I decided to set roots here as tech forums should be just that, straight up about the tech, not politics nor having to suck up to sponsors to the detriment of the users.

Word!