NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

so these vbios mods aren't fully unlocked?

Have a look at the first post of this thread, the NVidia Inspector pic is showing everything unlocked by the looks of it. (Mhz / Power Slider / Voltage / Throttling Temperature)

Have a look at the first post of this thread, the NVidia Inspector pic is showing everything unlocked by the looks of it.

the original post said "almost complete control" so my thoughts is that some functions might not be fully controllable.

i'll wait and see what people say about it.

the original post said "almost complete control" so my thoughts is that some functions might not be fully controllable.

i'll wait and see what people say about it.

Godfakr is claiming he is getting throttling so I'm a bit worried about this.. more ppl with AW's need to flash this and confirm if working 100%..

Godfakr is claiming he is getting throttling so I'm a bit worried about this.. more ppl with AW's need to flash this and confirm if working 100%..

they're sigged as having an M18X R2 but if they have an AW17 and they're getting throttling with the modded vbios then i am concerned.

Yes fully unlocked. 3GB GTX 970M is the soldered version which requires sBIOS mod as opposed to 6GB 970M MXM version.

ok, I hope a revision will come out soon.

if anyone has one of these cards in an AW17 please report back.

Bclk is a definite no. :D

What's weird is, before Prema v5 and the new 970M vbios, I got 16k+ Physics score in 3DMark. Now I can't get 16k anymore, I can only get close to it. :mask:

What's weird is, before Prema v5 and the new 970M vbios, I got 16k+ Physics score in 3DMark. Now I can't get 16k anymore, I can only get close to it. :mask:

I blame @Prema :P

Nah, seriously, you should check your power draw, do you have a kill-a-watt meter or something similar? What kind of PSU do you use?

Sorry for this pretty simple question but I am having trouble flashing. I have created a bootable usb drive and put everything on there properly but it won't run in msdos I've also tried it in windows but i can't seem to run it there either. The program just scrolls without being able to input anything. I would appreciate some help. Thanks

hello, svl7! i'm using your vbios and tested several times.. it works great.. successfully unlocked and can access power limits and voltage control.

but sometimes directx 11 stop responding while playing the games. and suddenly nvidia driver stopped and recovered. just for me, i can't even start 3dmark tests because of the erros (some buffer and device error they said) .

this pheonomenon occurs many times and my colleagues experienced same even they didn't set graphic card to overclock (didn't change the clocks, power limit and etc.. with only bios default setting) . it is kinda unstable right now.

i newly installed nvidia drivers(344.xx drivers) and directx just in case, but same.. when i get back to my backup vbios, it goes well, and same for my colleagues.

is there anyone experince same like me and my friends? by the way, i'm always appreciate your work svl7! i'm here just give feedback to make it better:distracted:.

thank you very much for reading!

I blame @Prema :P

Nah, seriously, you should check your power draw, do you have a kill-a-watt meter or something similar? What kind of PSU do you use?

I do have a kill-a-watt meter. :beguiled: I'm using the 330w adapter that came with my computer. Here's some results while runing the 1500mhz overclock and running 3DMark:

GPU Test 1: 276W Max

GPU Test 2: 266W Max

Physics Test: 151W Max

Combined Test: 274W Max

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorry for this pretty simple question but I am having trouble flashing. I have created a bootable usb drive and put everything on there properly but it won't run in msdos I've also tried it in windows but i can't seem to run it there either. The program just scrolls without being able to input anything. I would appreciate some help. Thanks

There is no Maxwell compatible NVFLASH version for DOS. You need to use the Windows version that svl7 provided in the opening post. If you are booting with UEFI even the WIndows version will not work. You will need to boot with Legacy BIOS.

hello, svl7! i'm using your vbios and tested several times.. it works great.. successfully unlocked and can access power limits and voltage control.

but sometimes directx 11 stop responding while playing the games. and suddenly nvidia driver stopped and recovered. just for me, i can't even start 3dmark tests because of the erros (some buffer and device error they said) .

this pheonomenon occurs many times and my colleagues experienced same even they didn't set graphic card to overclock (didn't change the clocks, power limit and etc.. with only bios default setting) . it is kinda unstable right now.

i newly installed nvidia drivers(344.xx drivers) and directx just in case, but same.. when i get back to my backup vbios, it goes well, and same for my colleagues.

is there anyone experince same like me and my friends? by the way, i'm always appreciate your work svl7! i'm here just give feedback to make it better:distracted:.

thank you very much for reading!

@everyone with problems, could you at least let us know what systems you are using...P.L.E.A.S.E :surrender:

does it work in AW17 r4 with 344.80 drivers? i mean... does it remove the terrible throttling on 980m? i need to know before i try, because mine is 3d version, meaning i will have to flash it elsewhere...

no ive tried this vbios in m17x r4 and m18x r2. The mod vbios didnt remove the throttle. but with 347 driver, even i cant oc, no throttle at all.

1202 core and 2506 memory clock is well maintained during all the tests ive tried.

Hey how did you get the Clevo P750ZM? It's not supposed to have shipped yet..

P750zm is shipped already.

Why do you think it is not shipped?

They are already here even in Korea.

They were shipped like nearly 2-3 weeks ago.