EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

This card looks beast! Just wondering if would be compatible with the M18? At this time the 1103 it is only availible on some new systems and uses a 3 antenna array. When available, this could be a nice replacement to the Intel 6300. Review is of a 1102, 2 antenna card.

http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/killer-wireless-n-1103/

http://www.tentonhammer.com/reviews/bigfoot/wireless-n-1102

Edited by rawhide85
Text

I think it probably works, but can't say this for sure of course. Since I'm almost always using the ethernet cable to get online I don't really have an use for this, but a bigfoot ethernet card would be awesome, some ms less ping, hehehehe lol :D

Just wanted to let everyone know Aikimox over at NBR is working on adding these cards to his retail site, Fortnax. And yes, they are compatible with the M18. Just remember, you have to have/order the Intel 6300 to get the 3 antenna array for the Killer 1103. Otherwise you need the Killer 1102 as you will only have 2 antennas.

Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1103 compatability

Question: Is this card available?

Answer from Aikimox Notebook Retailer (NBR):

Rep Power: 35 Re: Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1103 compatability

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, the card is orderable

Edited by rawhide85
Text
  • Thumbs Up 1

All m17xr3 and m18xr1 come with 3 antennae, even with default wireless card.

• Thumbs Up 1

All m17xr3 and m18xr1 come with 3 antennae, even with default wireless card.

kune- You are correct. Only the Killer 1103 is able to use all three antennas.

M17x-r2 also comes with 3 antennas.

Pursuit- You should be good to go. Aikimox will be adding these to his website for order soon, in fact he will PM anyone interested in purchasing these cards that are following this same discussion on NBR.

Canada Gaming Notebook | Alienware Gaming Notebook | Canada Gaming Laptop | Canada Alienware |

Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1103 compatability

for best wifi performance I would recommend the netgear wndr3700 router running OpenWrt.

I am constantly getting 8-12 Mb/s wireless transfer rates

• Thumbs Up 3

This card looks beast! Just wondering if would be compatible with the M18? At this time the 1103 it is only availible on some new systems and uses a 3 antenna array. When available, this could be a nice replacement to the Intel 6300. Review is of a 1102, 2 antenna card.

Killer

http://www.tentonhammer.com/reviews/bigfoot/wireless-n-1102

Good news, Aikimox has installed the Killer 1102 in his M18 and has them in stock on his website. Also, he has a couple screenshots of the Killer software.***Be sure to add to his rep***

Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1103 compatability - Page 5

Edited by rawhide85
Text

Are there any advantages over the Intel 6300? can someone provide test results of these two cards connected to the same wireless router?

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably some ms less latency... 6300 is a great card, don't think it's worth upgrading, but if anyone has some great numbers to show I'd like to see it.

Anyway, a gamer will play with the ethernet plugged in (as long as possible)... and I don't think you'll notice the difference when browsing (probably not even when gaming).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Had I both cards, to test them I would use on the one end a desktop computer with a gigabit ethernet card connected to the wireless router using CAT6 or CAT7 cable so it won't be the bottleneck and affect the performance of the wireless cards, plus both laptop and desktop should have their power saving features turned off and should be equipped with SSDs. This way transmitting various files of different size from various distances would mostly depend on the performance of the wifi card and not on the HDD or the CPU on either system. The tests should be performed on the LAN and exclude WAN results cause they can't be consistent and the wifi cards should be installed on the same laptop to exclude performance differences because of different hardware or software installed.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's 45$ + shipping. I still can't comment on the real life speeds at various distances but Skype video conferences run way better than with the 6300. Another thing, my ping in AA3 is now lower by 20-25% across the board. Nothing else changed on the system, just swapped the card couple of times. Every time I swap the 6300 or 6200 back, I'm getting a higher ping and less smooth video conference in skype. It's too early to draw conclusions but I think that the main culprit here is the software - Killer manager? rather than hardware. dunno...anyway, I don't have the right tools for proper testing at this time.

The price is pretty good hopefully someone can do some testing to compare the 6300 to the Killer...

1103 is not available yet and will only appear in a couple of months. Meanwhile, I'm really happy with the 1102 on my machine. My business video calls via skype are much more stable and smooth.

Is the 1102 a 3x3 card too ?

EDIT:

Checked out the specs page for both the 1102 and the 1103

The 1102 is a 2x2 card that can push up to 300Mb/s while the 1103 is a 3x3 card which can (assuming you have a router that supports it) that can push up to 450 MB/s on 5MHz channel.

Edited by Michael
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have you time @Aikimox to do any internet related benches... If we could get a before and after bandwidth test utilizing the same internet connection we could have a good estimate atthe difference from the Bigfoot and the Intel card.

I have a few urgent projects to keep me busy for a couple of weeks and after that I can do the benches. Quite a few our customers are present on these boards and they can test the card if they have the time. So far we have seen only positive feedbacks, people getting faster file transfers in LANs compared to the 6300. They didn't do any tweaks for the Intel card so I think things could be different.