MSI GT683DXR + Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC

ntam

Hi Techies and geniuses community,

I will upgrade the network card of my laptop GT683DXR, so I bought the Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC (if someone need the amazon link just ask me for it), is a PCIe Half Mini Card, so my questions are:

Will I need change the bios or do something to get the card work or is it just plug & play?

No, the card just work without any changes in the bios, indeed was plug n play, windows 7 detect the new hardware but didn't found a driver so I download the drivers from the intel web page installed and everything works fine!

Will the wireless button in Quick Launch Touch Sensors work with this card (buttons bar on the keyboard)?

YES, all the buttons in the quick launch works, even the Fn+F8, so not found problems.

Note: just go ahead! is a great upgrade for the MSi GT683 series, and you will have the new wifi standard 802.11 AC.

any comment about this would be handy

thanks in advance. :tennis:

• 2 weeks later...

As long as it's the same form factor, it should work just fine.

Make sure you uninstall the drivers for the previous wireless adapter first, after that install the new card then the new adapters.

The soft buttons are typically a hardware killswitch, so you won't have to worry about them not working.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I'm having problems getting my intel 7260 hmw card working on my GT683. Windows detected the card and tried to install it but it failed. I have tried installing using the drivers from the intel website, install was successful but I have a yellow exclamation mark in device manager. I don't even see the wireless adapter in my network connections

could someone possibly tell me their driver version, or let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks. I'm running windows 7 home premium 64bit

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I'm having problems getting my intel 7260 hmw card working on my GT683. Windows detected the card and tried to install it but it failed. I have tried installing using the drivers from the intel website, install was successful but I have a yellow exclamation mark in device manager. I don't even see the wireless adapter in my network connections

could someone possibly tell me their driver version, or let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks. I'm running windows 7 home premium 64bit

I have found out the problem, the wifi adapter i was using for only made for IBM/Lenovo laptops

I have since ordered a new OEM version, and that worked right out of the box