I repast my CPU today with "liquid metalpad" and the Temps a really good now. I reached under full-load 3900 MHz at all 4 cores, only 72 degress. I think there is alot more potencial in the i7 3820qm, but 3900 MHz is the most MHz I can choose.

I have the unlocked BIOS A10, but more than 39 factor at all 4 cores isn't aviable.

I'am very confiused at that, because I saw Benchmarks with i7 3720 qm with much more physic score in 3DMark Imageshack - 3dmark11cevop170em3920x.jpg

How is this possible???

Sorry to Push question again :(

Hi,

Thanks svl7, I was able to install A10 unlock BIOS aver A10 Dell BIOS with second method (by using the FPT tool).

My Intel video card is disabled and only PEG card is enabled (AMD).

I have a question, can i install A11 Dell BIOS over A10 unlock BIOS and after install A11 unlock BIOS over A11 Dell BIOS with the second method (by using the FPT tool)?

Thanks.

Best regards.

eivan

• Founder
Hi,

Thanks svl7, I was able to install A10 unlock BIOS aver A10 Dell BIOS with second method (by using the FPT tool).

My Intel video card is disabled and only PEG card is enabled (AMD).

I have a question, can i install A11 Dell BIOS over A10 unlock BIOS and after install A11 unlock BIOS over A11 Dell BIOS with the second method (by using the FPT tool)?

Thanks.

Best regards.

eivan

yep, this is exactly what you should do ;)

I follow the instructions to the letters, but got error message.

1. Flash to A11 stock

2. Boot to USB stick

3. Type flash in DOS

Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.

Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.

Result of fpt -i

Intel ® Flash Programming Tool. Version: 8.1.10.1286

Copyright © 2007 - 2012, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel® HM77 Express Chipset

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---

W25Q64BV ID:0xEF4017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)

--- Flash Image Information --

Signature: VALID

Number of Flash Components: 1

Component 1 - 8192KB (65536Kb)

Regions:

Descriptor - Base: 0x000000, Limit: 0x000FFF

BIOS - Base: 0x300000, Limit: 0x7FFFFF

ME - Base: 0x001000, Limit: 0x2FFFFF

GbE - Not present

PDR - Not present

Master Region Access:

CPU/BIOS - ID: 0x0000, Read: 0xFF, Write: 0xFF

ME - ID: 0x0000, Read: 0xFF, Write: 0xFF

GbE - ID: 0x0118, Read: 0xFF, Write: 0xFF

Total Accessable SPI Memory: 8192KB, Total Installed SPI Memory : 8192KB

FPT Operation Passed

1. Flash to A11 stock

2. Boot to USB stick

3. Type flash in DOS

Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.

Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.

Are you using Windows 8 Secure Boot ?

1. Flash to A11 stock

2. Boot to USB stick

3. Type flash in DOS

I think you failed to read the instructions... you need to run my prr tool before flashing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, my problem is a little different, so maybe someone can enlighten me on what I am doing wrong.

I followed all the instructions, however, when I type Flash.bat, this error screen showed up:

[PMODE/W] Abort: 00

Exception: 0E

Error Code: 00000000

And a bunch of other numbers at the bottem.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing it not to flash?

• Founder
Hello, my problem is a little different, so maybe someone can enlighten me on what I am doing wrong.

I followed all the instructions, however, when I type Flash.bat, this error screen showed up:

[PMODE/W] Abort: 00

Exception: 0E

Error Code: 00000000

And a bunch of other numbers at the bottem.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing it not to flash?

what version of DOS are you using on your memory stick you're booting from ?

I downloaded from the Spoiled thing (First download the attachment from below and extract it (i.e. on your Desktop)....) From StamatisX

So I have no idea really, haha. I have the Windows 98 Boot Screen when it boots from the USB Stick.

• Founder
I downloaded from the Spoiled thing (First download the attachment from below and extract it (i.e. on your Desktop)....) From StamatisX

So I have no idea really, haha. I have the Windows 98 Boot Screen when it boots from the USB Stick.

and you did run the prr.exe tool before running flash.exe right ?

I'll let @svl7 respond.

For those who missed their Advanced tab after running the flash tool from their usb sticks the way I managed to solve the issue is to ensure there is no bios password set whaotsoever. After a reboot with no password set the Advanced tab just appeared.

Also, if you manage to get 5 bleeps due to you attempting to disable both the intergrated graphics and pcie graphics :D I attempted a CMOS battery drain but it didnt work, holding down the right click on the touchpad while powering the machine on worked for me.

BTW thanks for the mod!

17x R4 A11

• Thumbs Up 1

wouldn't need to ask if you had read the instructions.

You HAVE to be on A11 official to flash A11 unlocked.

Sorry about that. I have read it. But as for a noob ownwer of Alienware it's better to ask twice)))

• Brian pinned this topic