Hey all, just wondering if anyone has picked up Dead Island yet. Super pumped for it and will be picking it up on friday. But just wanted to see how it runs on the M14x. If not ill come post back this weekend on how it goes. Also if anyone has it for xbox or ps3 let me know what you think of it. Its been getting a little bit of mixed reviews so far but mostly positive. Oh and here are the recommended specs in case anyone is curious

• Recommended
    • Processor: Core2Duo 2.66 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce 9600 (1GB)
    • DirectX®: DirectX 9.0C
    • Hard Drive: 7 GB available hard drive space

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Our moderator @Stevenxowens792 got and I am quoting what he said:

Not much time as I just got home, completed 2 mission on dead island and on 752/900 get from 60-90fps on the highest details in the game menu

Dude.. Dead Island rocks so far. I need to slow down enough to create vids and screenshots. Its beautiful (although no crysis).

So stand by

1366x768 native rez. I took some fraps video and frankly I don't like how it came out. The video makes the game look slow when in fact its beyond smooth. So I may just post some screenshots or something. Rest assured, even with 2 month old display drivers, it runs fine. Best wishes, StevenX

http://forum.techinferno.com/pc-gaming/1121-dead-island-review.html

Edited by Stevenxowens792

Hey all, yes this game is everything I dreamed of and more. Love it. Best description I have heard is fallout 3 with zombies and I would kinda agree. Not as polished or as in depth as Fallout but really fun to play. Anyway there is some nice tweaks out there if you need them. I had a lot of screen tearing and a little stuttering at first but I disabled saso and turned on V-sync and good to go. Also there is a tweak to the controls, stevenx I read your review and saw that you weren't to happy with controls. I used the tweak and found that it tightened them up a bit but hey it could just be me so try it out and let me know what you think. Also the field of view tweak is really nice, highly recommend it.

calling all modders let's mod dead island incl fix fov/blur/bloom/mouse/fps/+ more - Steam Users' Forums

Anyway back to slaying some zombies, cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask what video driver version your using? On my m14x its dissapointing. I have to bring down the res to 1024x768 and had to download a 3rd party app to tweak the video settings. Now im getting maybe 20-30fps outdoors and 55+ indoors.

Nvidia Driver 285.38

GeForce GT555M 3GB @ 750/900MHz

Intel i7 2630QM @103.01MHz BLCK

6GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz

Seagate Momentus XT 500GB

BIOS A05 (DELL Original)

Getting about 50 FPS @ 1600*900

Everything set to maximum (ShadowMap Size 1024, I think even more possible via Editor)

Greetz