EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

On 10/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, invait53 said:

Our chipset is Mobile Intel QM77 Express. That chipset has 4 ports of SATA2 and 2 ports of SATA3. SATA HDD and SATA ODD are SATA3. It means that in our laptop available RAID0 only.

I use the eSATA port to easily move the same main boot drive between 2 different units (so to maintain only one common software system). Although the internal SATA port is always @SATA 3 speed level, eSATA port is always limited to SATA 2 on every HDD/SSD I have used. I do not know if this limit is there by design. So, if the DVD drive is connected to the 2nd and last SATA 3, then the eSATA port, is limited to SATA 2 speed.

2020-01-29 22_38_21-HWiNFO64 v6.20-4030 @ Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 2570p - System Summary.png

Edited by istinnstudio

2 hours ago, istinnstudio said:

I do not know if this limit is there by design

Because of the schematic:

Spoiler

2020-01-29_150800.thumb.jpg.51a2d0869cc7e226dc892b0b56d41d53.jpg

On 1/25/2020 at 3:11 AM, bckflpgyg said:

and I was thinking about taking an SSD casing off to where its just the PCB.

Hmm, I not sure, that first fan power supply can support second fan...

and what about compact ssd model? I want install it, too. But dont brands of compact sata ssd cases.

12 hours ago, istinnstudio said:

Ok it is clear now.  Strange choice by hp... wasted SATA3 speed on a slow DVD device

Because DVD is installed as Extension Bay device, and probably HP made some original HDD/SSD caddies for these laptops.

Guys, is there any owner of USB 3.0 "AKE" expresscard adapter that based on the uPD720202 chip? I've received one from ali, but cannot get it to work on Windows (error 10) and also cannot update the firmware (update tool just hangs). In linux it works after manual firmware upload, but only upon reboot. I want to try upload a dump from a definitely working
card.

image.png

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, MioIV said:

Because DVD is installed as Extension Bay device, and probably HP made some original HDD/SSD caddies for these laptops.

Guys, is there any owner of USB 3.0 "AKE" expresscard adapter that based on the uPD720202 chip? I've received one from ali, but cannot get it to work on Windows (error 10) and also cannot update the firmware (update tool just hangs). In linux it works after manual firmware upload, but only upon reboot. I want to try upload a dump from a definitely working
card.

I had 2 of those (same chip, I do not remember the firm, I do not use it any more), the one failed after some days or it was problematic from the beginning. Similar issues with you as far as I can remember with a hp 8710w, and then 2570p. Check settings about USB power management and disable all about this device from the Reneseas driver and the windows device manager. Somehow I have updated firmware without problem, alternatively try to update firmware on a different notebook, but there always be a chance of hardware being faulty.

Edited by istinnstudio

18 hours ago, istinnstudio said:

I use the eSATA port to easily move the same main boot drive between 2 different units (so to maintain only one common software system). Although the internal SATA port is always @SATA 3 speed level, eSATA port is always limited to SATA 2 on every HDD/SSD I have used. I do not know if this limit is there by design. So, if the DVD drive is connected to the 2nd and last SATA 3, then the eSATA port, is limited to SATA 2 speed.

2020-01-29 22_38_21-HWiNFO64 v6.20-4030 @ Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 2570p - System Summary.png

On 10/8/2019 at 5:11 AM, invait53 said:

Our chipset is Mobile Intel QM77 Express. That chipset has 4 ports of SATA2 and 2 ports of SATA3. SATA HDD and SATA ODD are SATA3. It means that in our laptop available RAID0 only.

I do not see how you could not ditch the optical drive, and plug into that sata 3 with another ssd and go beyond raid 0

Edited by mikmaze

3 hours ago, istinnstudio said:

I had 2 of those (same chip, I do not remember the firm, I do not use it any more), the one failed after some days or it was problematic from the beginning. Similar issues with you as far as I can remember with a hp 8710w, and then 2570p. Check settings about USB power management and disable all about this device from the Reneseas driver and the windows device manager. Somehow I have updated firmware without problem, alternatively try to update firmware on a different notebook, but there always be a chance of hardware being faulty.

Can you dump the data from 8-pin EEPROM of the working one, please? Well, i've tried to update firmware with disabled controller and it works now, thank you!

...it works like crap.

Edited by MioIV

has no one run anything other than raid 0 on this little gem that we all like so much?

Edited by mikmaze

On 2/2/2020 at 3:36 AM, mikmaze said:

has no one run anything other than raid 0 on this little gem that we all like so much?

You still can make a software-based RAID by windows partition manager btw.

On 1/30/2020 at 12:50 AM, istinnstudio said:

Ok it is clear now.  Strange choice by hp... wasted SATA3 speed on a slow DVD device

Because ODD can be substituted with fast SSD/HDD in caddy, I think this is the correct choice.

2 hours ago, messh said:

Because ODD can be substituted with fast SSD/HDD in caddy, I think this is the correct choice.

A portable SATA device is a better choice for my needs. Anyway, as there is no way to reverse this, I will live with SATA2 speed. So whenever eSATA port is going to be used, users will have to keep in mind of this limitation.

My 2570p successfully modified with X230's LG IPS Panel 
The first thing I did was removing all the magnesium guinding lines for antenna wires and LCD cable compartment screw mounting holes that were on the LCD's way. And because the LCD cable compartment can't be screwed anymore it's held on place with epoxy.
Removing the the panel's screw mounting points was the most risky part, but the metal was soft enough to be cut with long scissors. That required replacing the LCD tape, otherwise screen layers would come off. I used kapton tape covered with electric tape all along the edges. 
LCD cable appeared to be flexible enough to reach LCD's connector. The X230's panel is much thinner so there was enough room to do it.
The last thing to do was adapting the LCD bezel to the new screen. Because X230's panel is higher (the location of the circuit board) I had to cut 4 milimeters from the top of the LCD bezel. The different screen height exposed bottom LCD tape, so I replaced it with black tape. I also had to remove LCD bezel's bottom latches, now it's held on place with double-sided tape. 
If you've got any questions feel free to ask. 
Is this the first IPS 2570p ever? 

photo_2020-02-08_13-58-05.jpg

photo_2020-02-08_13-59-25.jpg

photo_2020-02-08_14-28-33.jpg

photo_2020-02-08_14-18-25.jpg

photo_2020-02-08_14-18-26 (2).jpg

photo_2020-02-08_14-18-26.jpg

photo_2020-01-31_18-36-45.jpg

photo_2020-01-31_18-36-45 (3).jpg

photo_2020-01-31_18-36-45 (2).jpg

photo_2020-01-31_18-36-44.jpg

photo_2020-01-25_18-26-02.jpg

Edited by Sonney
  • Thumbs Up 3

well done and I guess it is quite the feat of wok to get it going, great job.

hmmmm, some new requirements for the newest window 10 upgrade... will our systems comply? or have we finally gotten to the point where we are left behind???

At its Microsoft 365 Developer Day, the company detailed Windows 10X, it’s next-generation “expression” of Windows 10 which the company will release later this year. And the most remarkable aspect: Microsoft states that Windows 10X updates will take less than 90 seconds to complete. 

02/13 Update: Microsoft has released a Windows 10X emulator and development tools so anyone can test out a beta of new platform. Users will require a PC running Windows 10, using an Intel chipset (AMD support is coming later), 8GB RAM, 15GB space and a WDDM 2.4 graphics driver or later. You will also need the following bios features to be supported and enabled:

• Hardware-assisted virtualization
  • Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
  • Hardware-based Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

I can't imagin no one on here has any input on the above new requirements from MS

These requirements are only for emulator with W10X, not the system itself. Also W10X is only for tablets, revived "Courier" project, not for traditional laptops or mainstream PCs.

• Thumbs Up 1

thanks MIO !    good to hear.    I got to reading and got a little lost.

anyone find a higher cfm fan yet that swaps out directly with the stocker?  getting a touch warm during some deep scans and think i is time to get more air across the heatpipe.

Hey, I have a little problem. Has anyone tried to do RADI0 on two different SSDs? SSDs are CT240BX500SSD and SSDPR-CX400-256. Does this computer allow? Can I do it that will format both drives, start windows live with a pendrive and connect both drives from it, then remove the pendrive and connect the new one from the windows installation, and install it on the resulting disk? Is it likely to succeed?

unlikely you would be able to use the leftover part of the drive, the raid will only use equal sizes, ssd is fast enough unless you are doing some serious huge file transfers/ video work.    the remaining 250 gb on the larger drive would be wasted.   Raid 0 just give 2 points of failure instead of 0ne and  you have no backup.