Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Edit: I had a talk with 2.0™ who is a moderator on the Notebook Review forum. He explained to me the legitimate reasons why they decided to close the "New Dell XPS L521X (Ivy Bridge)" thread.

There were too many trolls, too many off topic posts and too many complaints about that thread going to the NBR moderators. It became a "high maintenance" thread for NBR and after 600+ pages, nothing new was being discussed or accomplished. My original opinion was not based on all of these facts.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Founder
All the ex-NBR members here might find this post funny.

New Dell XPS L521X (Ivy Bridge) - Page 603

The new and improved XPS 15 with an Ivy Bridge CPU throttles like crazy so the mod has shown up to close the thread discussing this. Just a coincidence!

No bios update is going to fully fix another poorly designed laptop from Dell engineering so time to let the cover up begin.

No worries Xonar. Contrary to what that post at NBR would lead you to believe, freedom of speech does still exist. At least at Tech|Inferno it does.

As big of fans we are of Alienware, when we detect b.s., we'll call it like it is. That's the advantage of being a privately owned and funded website. O:-)

Sent from my GT-N7000

Hi all,

My name is Jonathan and I'm a tech enthusiast. When I say tech, I mean almost anything techy :P. I'm currently running on a Alienware M14x, and previously ran a ASUS UL50VT. Recent desktop included an Alienware Aurora R3 along with many custom computers I have personally built in the past.

Anyway, my Alienware M14x is an R1 Sandy Bridge running an Intel Core i7-2670 2.2GHz Quad Core, NVIDIA GT555M 1.5GB with Optimus (Intel HD 3000), 8GB Memory, and Samsung 830 128GB SATA III SSD. I usually just watch movies or play a few games on here. I usually play League of Legends, and you can find me by adding my IGN at theJonathanLam.

Hope I can get to know you all, contribute to these forums, and learn a few things along the lines. :)

• Thumbs Up 4

• Founder
Hi all,

My name is Jonathan and I'm a tech enthusiast. When I say tech, I mean almost anything techy :P. I'm currently running on a Alienware M14x, and previously ran a ASUS UL50VT. Recent desktop included an Alienware Aurora R3 along with many custom computers I have personally built in the past.

Anyway, my Alienware M14x is an R1 Sandy Bridge running an Intel Core i7-2670 2.2GHz Quad Core, NVIDIA GT555M 1.5GB with Optimus (Intel HD 3000), 8GB Memory, and Samsung 830 128GB SATA III SSD. I usually just watch movies or play a few games on here. I usually play League of Legends, and you can find me by adding my IGN at theJonathanLam.

Hope I can get to know you all, contribute to these forums, and learn a few things along the lines. :)

Welcome to TI mate, you've come to the right place!

Asylumized!

• Founder
Hi all,

Welcome to T|I Jonathan! Glad to have you here.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Thanks Mike and Brian. Pretty good community going on here, haven't been on a forum for a while. I used to regular POTN, but it's outgrown me a bit, but the passion for photography still is there! Hah, but anyway, thanks a lot everyone! Any photographers on here? If so, what gear do you use?

• Founder
Thanks Mike and Brian. Pretty good community going on here, haven't been on a forum for a while. I used to regular POTN, but it's outgrown me a bit, but the passion for photography still is there! Hah, but anyway, thanks a lot everyone! Any photographers on here? If so, what gear do you use?

I once was into photography, using a Nikon D90 with a 50mm 1.4, 12mm Sigma & a 18-200 Nikon vr, also got the sb-800 flash and some filters. I pretty much stopped though and now my skills go into product photography (all the pix @ fractalelements.com)

----

Asylumized!

Oh cool. I have an entry-level DSLR (Canon Rebel XSi) I bought few years ago, with 50mm f1.8 and 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 Sigma. Just recently I bought a male-male macro coupling ring so I mounted a 50mm lens in reverse in 18-200mm lens to be able to take macro shots; just haven't had that much time to play around with it.

I did take some photos of the pixels on my Alienware RGB LED screen and I think you can push the resolution to about 30-60 micrometers with this setup. The only trouble is that the focal plane is really narrow so it's best to take photos straight perpendicular to what you're looking at. :)

• Founder

lol

Hello,

Thanks to everyone for the great work on the testing and feedback of the under-utilization issue. For the time being, the threads have been removed per AMD Request. We will provide further information from AMD or Clevo when available.

Thanks,

they fuckin openly admit censoring threads at requests of manufacturers.

• Founder
lol

they fuckin openly admit censoring threads at requests of manufacturers.

This is why NBR is a joke of a forum. All those people that blindly post at that place w/out looking for much better alternatives (ahem T|I) deserve to get shafted over and over by those mods. If any company asked us to censor posts on T|I, we'd tell them to get lost (posts breaking NDA/law are exceptions).

• Thumbs Up 3

• Founder
Brian, did they delete your 2nd post? I saw one earlier when I was at work, but I dont see it anymore after the mods decided to chime in.

Haha yep they did! Because they know my response made it obvious that their answer was b.s. Now you know why T|I exists :)

• Founder

Yeah that Charles P. Fuckens chimed in and deleted the whole exchange.. Lpl

FYI - you're allowed to start another thread on 7970M issues. I/NBR have no issue with member-created and maintained threads of such nature. Thank you.

Yeah, keep creating them, we'll just go ahead and delete them too :-)

What a rotten forum.

----

Asylumized!

• 1 month later...

Hey Xonar good to meet you. yeah the ES 2920XM can take a beating and then some. To introduce myself i'm 26 and from New York United states. I started on the tech path as much of the rest of us did. I started here after a unknown to me company closed down Alienware freeforums page that Brian and others had maintained. After they wrongfully took down the web page due to unproven bad images on the site Brian, Stamatis-X and Michael formed Tech Inferno since it would not be able to be Bulldozed like the last website since hosting is as mentioned privately owned and funded. I got an invite from Brian's team automatically through email and from the moment I entered Tech Inferno i knew I didn't want to be anywhere else. I had just owned my first gaming laptop at the time an M17x R2 loaded atleast I thought and was just skimming the surface of what it is to own and mold your own alienware. Immediately it was easy for some of the great knowledge to rub off on me here as there are nothing but great minds who frequent here. From there you guys got me into getting all the performance we can out of our babies. Benching became second nature lol. to the point you may as well visualize a fullsize liquid cooler on my laptop as thats how cool I benched my cpu via AC and forced air induction. it was fun and thats what Tech inferno is all about. I hear no way laptop cpu will come near a desktop and its straight to the optimization table for me lol. Anyway that was lots of fun and we have a HWbot team which anyone can join and participate in. I love technology and I love our community. We push each other to do better and break boundaries that we were taught were supposed to exist. the name is Marc :) nice to have you with us Xonar!

• Thumbs Up 1

@mw86

Thanks for the story and welcome Marc! In the short time I've been here, I've learned a great deal about the beginnings of T|I and honestly, all I can say is: I wish I was here since day 1.

@Tech Inferno Fan

Hi nando. Nice to see you around here. Unfortunately, your situation is incredibly disgusting. It is part of the reason I have transferred my material to this site. I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.

So first questiom:

1. Is TI impartial? Can we discuss anything on here and not be threatened by mods as I endured at NBR?

2. Would moving such content here be welcomed? We are talking the links in my previous NBR sig as shown below:

12.5" HP 2560P i5-2540M 2.6 8GB 60GB Renice X3.SSD 500GB/DVD HD3000 + [email protected] DIY eGPU

•ODD caddy . •SSDs 1.8" ZIF . mSATA/1.8" . •Overclocking PLL pinmod . setPLL . dual/quad-IDA core 2 bios • Past 13" Dell E4310, E4300 12" 2530P, 2510P

DIY eGPUThin-and-light Sandy Bridge iGPU, dGPU and eGPU notebooks

3. What level of cooperation can I expect NBR to give in moving content and deleting it on NBR? Remember, I was forced out of NBR against my will on nonsensical grounds so it's not like it was my choice. Problem is without my own login I can't edit my own content. I do not wish bullies to benefit from my 3+ years of content that generates 140k+ hits per month etc, numerous user registrations, etc so I wish to move, then delete the content.

4. If there was bullying and breach of their own rules on NBR, is there any place watchdog to correct those breaches without needing to resort to legal actions?

Thanks,

Tech Inferno Fan

1. Short answer: Yes, T|I is impartial. Long answer: See Unclewebb's post in this thread. (It's a really good answer, I laughed out loud)

2. Of course! Your hard work and dedication deserves a place for discussion, does it not? FYI - you can also link PayPal account info to take donations if you want to.

3. Absolutely zero cooperation. I'm not kidding. When you registered and ticked that little box that says "I agree to all the terms and conditions of this website. . .", you agreed that ANYTHING you post on NBR becomes property of NBR. Believe it or not, in legal terms, those are not YOUR guides. They are the ownership of NBR.

Anyone remember a Canadian fellow by the name of Les (Tokar)? Many years back he wrote the "SSD Guide" when the first consumer SSDs were hitting the market. He was pretty damn knowledgeable of his stuff and was respected among the community. Well, he was spontaneously perma-banned without a reason. He was cold-shouldered by the admin team at TechTarget when inquiring about why. He also wanted his guide to be taken down, which had 1 mil+ views and endless clicks. No dice, they didn't comply.

4. Can't help you there buddy, that's not my area of expertise.

1. This is great. Originally it appeared NBR was impartial and allowed technical discussion on anything. Not sure if I've got misconceptions, but truly at the start of 2009 their reviews varied across many products and tech discussion was encouraged. Not sure if the GFC has had opportunists come in and infiltrate their ethics. Certainly it seems now $$ talk at the expense of discussion and users.

2. I'll need to move it so can keep in contact with my users. TI seems the perfect place to move it to I see Unclewebb and Mumak is here too RJgAJZdlsYzbjOrAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

3. As I understand it, I'm the original copyright owner of the material and I'm being denied access to it for false reasons. Legally, NBR would get caned for misrepresentation, violating their own rules and denial of service/access to my own content. Obviously I wish to avoid slow and costly legal to get access to my material. The mod responsible (Zaz) is still now greedily holding on to my content that is generating 140k+ hits on their site per month. There's no way I'll be treated this way with them keeping 3yrs+ of my content.

The Lenovo shill 'Zaz' on NBR = big disappointing bully who happens to be a moderator and can mould public opinion and eradicate any dissent via banning.

I'll see what Mr.Fox comes up with. Cheers.

1. $$ talks, Lenovo and Dell advertise heavily on NBR. Why do you think everytime there's a thread with a complaint from either manufacturer it gets deleted or closed?

2. Let you loyal user base know, bring them over here. It's not like most of the material at NBR is even original. It's all just a hash of reposts by 16-year old kids.

3. Not my expertise, sorry again.

ZaZ is probably the oldest active member of that site and longest mod (maybe Charles has got him beat), but either way, I'm surprised to see such short temper on his part for a known member. It does seem like they are preventing you from voicing a dissenting opinion, which goes against the ideology of a "forum discussion".

@Mr. Fox

If you are going to get involved, please do it via PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

3. Absolutely zero cooperation. I'm not kidding. When you registered and ticked that little box that says "I agree to all the terms and conditions of this website. . .", you agreed that ANYTHING you post on NBR becomes property of NBR. Believe it or not, in legal terms, those are not YOUR guides. They are the ownership of NBR.

1. $$ talks, Lenovo and Dell advertise heavily on NBR. Why do you think everytime there's a thread with a complaint from either manufacturer it gets deleted or closed?

2. Let you loyal user base know, bring them over here. It's not like most of the material at NBR is even original. It's all just a hash of reposts by 16-year old kids.

3. Not my expertise, sorry again.

ZaZ is probably the oldest active member of that site and longest mod (maybe Charles has got him beat), but either way, I'm surprised to see such short temper on his part for a known member. It does seem like they are preventing you from voicing a dissenting opinion, which goes against the ideology of a "forum discussion".

@Mr. Fox

If you are going to get involved, please do it via PM.

Interesting about ticking the box about content becoming owned by NBR. I wonder how that plays out if the mods start limiting access to your content based on no breach of rules. Yes, I also played by the rules and got banned for no reason.. No kidding. Zaz wrote the reason as 'too many to list', along with which he gave NO REASON.

If NBR don't want to play dice I believe there may be a user amongst the 1000s that have hit up the DIY eGPU thread that would have contacts that could volunteer some investigation into breaches of US laws pertaining to copyright, bullying and fraudulent representation. Certainly the right of reply is a democratic right in Western countries dating back to old English common law. Being banned/locked out denies a very simple right.

I believe NBR could find themselves in some serious hot water if it's necessary to go down that track. I'm hopeful this is isolated to bad behavior on Zaz's part that NBR admin will correct. I'm guessing the corporate masters 'Lenovo' advised to cut me loose due to critiques I had of Lenovo Thinkpad products. They would have be altering public perception in the opposite way to what Zaz was doing. Eg: me: it looks like something from the 1990s with no sophistication (supported by image of 1990s Thinkpad), Zaz: it's understate style.

Still trying to get my 5 posts so I can PM Mr.Fox :)

Nando - like I said before, law is not my field of expertise, so I don't want to provide you with any misinformation. All I can do is state opinions at this point.

The best way I think of it is like this:

NBR is not a true public community. They are business entity. When you go on NBR and you post something, you are not posting because you have an inalienable right to post on NBR, but rather, you are posting because NBR gives your the privilege to have a discussion on their property (after all, they are paying for the servers). NBR doesn't owe you anything, nor do they have to care about your right of free speech because you are using their property and services.

It's unfortunate that this is the way I see NBR now, but reality is harsh. I used to think it was a company with a soul that wanted to give techies a place for discussion. Nah, they're just a business looking to turn a profit every month.

It's not easy for someone to say this after being a member since 2006. . .

@Tech Inferno Fan , your permissions were updated so you can pm.

Do you have any way of contacting your userbase outside of NBR ? Otherwise they won't know how to find you here or why you were even banned.

Fortunately I am in communications with a NBR user/insider via email. He was shocked as were others by the heavihandedness of the moderator in banning me today. He's keeping me posted of discussions with the lead mod about it. I've been advised to hang tight. It's been fairly lo-fi with not enough downtime to cause major havoc so far. I'm hoping it can be resolved with minimal of fuss. Otherwise next step would be, as you suggest, to hit the threads I maintain with a temp user, some message + email address so the users know what's happened and how to contact me.

Thank you for the permissions update. All systems are a go on TI if that's the way the cookie crumbles.

• Thumbs Up 1