OFFICIAL: M17x-R2 Benchmarking Thread

Hmm, thats odd, your card may be going bad. Have you recently changed drivers? Try reinstalling drivers and re run vantage GPU tests and see if that helps. If not than I would give dell a call and push for some GPU replacements.

Guest bifnewman

Okay. Just downloaded the latest drivers from AMD, installed and restarted. I ran 3DMark Vantage and got a worse score. I got P7108 - GPU score = 6008 - CPU Score = 15765.

Guest bifnewman

For some reason, I never reinstalled Windows on this, I'm running off the Dell install on the refurb. It took me a while to find a good GPU benchmarking program for Mac and Windows, but I've found CineBench and I'm going to compare the scores to make sure it isn't a software thing.

• Founder

I would suggest a clean windows installation with minimum software installed, just to make sure it is not a hardware problem, once you get the numbers you want then proceed with the rest of them.

Guest bifnewman
I would suggest a clean windows installation with minimum software installed, just to make sure it is not a hardware problem, once you get the numbers you want then proceed with the rest of them.

I just ran CineBench on Mac OS X and it got 3 fps higher on the OpenGL test than Windows and Mac doesn't have CrossFire support. The graphics drivers on Mac are obviously worse than Windows.

Guest bifnewman

Now this is more like it.... :)

I think my CPU throttled a bit since its hot in here but still love to see my GPU scores almost tripling after a reformat.

• Founder

Ok, since I repasted both GPUs and CPU didn't have the chance to run some overclocked benchmarks

Vantage

post-3-144949883571_thumb.jpg

3DMark 11

post-3-14494988357721_thumb.jpg

If only this damned PSU didn't trip in the middle of the benchmarks...

• Thumbs Up 4

As far as 3dm11, the CPU overclock seems to make very little difference to my scores, so if you have to dial back one in favour of the other, definitely go all out on the GPU clocks.

• Founder

For 3D Mark 11 as long as the CPU score is bigger than the GPU score I am fine, the problem was with Vantage... I had to lower the multi and the TDP in order to complete the runs, killwatt was reporting 222W when it was running the second CPU test.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Stam those are some nice scores 965 Core is crazy with no dice that's awesome. Are you using setfsb for your baseclock? Mid 140's made some nice cpu scores for the R2 I had. 1240 mem is very nice too.

Edited by mw86

:) Impressive scores! I know you're probably hitting PSU limits with such an OC, did you use the hot key function of Throttlestop for this run? If not I recommend giving it a try. You can use a lower CPU setting for the GPU tests and the change it to a hardcore OC for the CPU tests, this might allow a slightly higher OC on the GPU for the first two tests.

• Founder

guys I am preparing a section to our forum that will allow you to submit your benchmarking scores using forms. This way it will be really easy to sort results by total score, by day submitted, by CPU, by GPU etc... Once I am done I will update the first post and post a notification, so standby!

• Thumbs Up 3

:) Impressive scores! I know you're probably hitting PSU limits with such an OC, did you use the hot key function of Throttlestop for this run? If not I recommend giving it a try. You can use a lower CPU setting for the GPU tests and the change it to a hardcore OC for the CPU tests, this might allow a slightly higher OC on the GPU for the first two tests.

Dang! :facepalm: Sir, you are a genious. Never though about that and i'll give it a try. In tree days i'll leave for my next shift in the desert.... that will be other 65 days where the best things i can do in the evening are gaming and benchmarks :D. Let's see what i can get out from my beloved R2...really i love this machine :D

guys I am preparing a section to our forum that will allow you to submit your benchmarking scores using forms. This way it will be really easy to sort results by total score, by day submitted, by CPU, by GPU etc... Once I am done I will update the first post and post a notification, so standby!

Really nice idea! thank you! + rep

Score submitted with the new form :D

Edited by CptXabaras

• Founder
Really nice idea! thank you! + rep

Score submitted with the new form :D

Hahaha man you are fast... I have to submit mine as well, that one is old. I will update the first post shortly with the instructions and everything