GTX 9xxM overclocking thread

chap

overclocking - higher fps rate

at stock ur screen will most likely run at 60hz refresh rate so u wont notice anything above 60 fps. if ur fps go above that, try and overclock ur display refresh rate to adjust for the higher frame rates and thus get a smoother experience :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh thats it ?

I thought there is some real benefit to it.

60 is more than I need :D I'm one of those 99% people who cant notice difference between 60fps and 70fps without fps counter :D

But thanks for explaining!

Oh thats it ?

I thought there is some real benefit to it.

60 is more than I need :D I'm one of those 99% people who cant notice difference between 60fps and 70fps without fps counter :D

But thanks for explaining!

You need a screen with refresh rate above 60Hz to get the benefits of >60 FPS

You need a screen with refresh rate above 60Hz to get the benefits of >60 FPS

I understand. I just dont see a reason to see more than 60 frames per second. My eyes are terrible, Its more than likely I dont see more than 60 even in real world :D

Unless you can "oc" the 60Hz panel to 120Hz ... which is impossible .. But that would be reasonable ...for 3D vision.

I understand. I just dont see a reason to see more than 60 frames per second. My eyes are terrible, Its more than likely I dont see more than 60 even in real world :D

Unless you can "oc" the 60Hz panel to 120Hz ... which is impossible .. But that would be reasonable ...for 3D vision.

Human eyes don't see in terms of frames per second. And like G-Sync/FreeSync, a high refresh rate is something you have to actually see for yourself to understand.

And no, you don't need 120 or 144 Hz to see the benefits, although ofc the higher the better. I've got my laptop panel overclocked to 100Hz and it's already a massive difference compared to 60Hz.

Human eyes don't see in terms of frames per second. And like G-Sync/FreeSync, a high refresh rate is something you have to actually see for yourself to understand.

And no, you don't need 120 or 144 Hz to see the benefits, although ofc the higher the better. I've got my laptop panel overclocked to 100Hz and it's already a massive difference compared to 60Hz.

Im just saying I cannot spot a difference between 50fps and 60fps. So getting visible 90fps is pointless for me.

120Hz would be good as that would allow me to use the 3D glasses to get 60fps on each eye.

But if you insist... I'll try to overclock my ultrasharp screen. I'm really curious...

i have a question and im hoping you can help

i have recently bought a g751 with a 980m i am able to put the sider up 135mhz and ungine shows this 46fps avg > 53fps avg

are there any vbios's that unlock this card in this notebook and is it possible. Im really excited to try it

Thank you

if its an mxm version u can try the modded vbios from prema, just google prema mod for his website. just make sure its an mxm gpu, otherwise u might brick ur machine with that vbios...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am reworking the temperature table of my GTX9xxM Mods...too many systems run the fan at automatic max (80%) only at 89c, so the current 87c throttle has to be raised a bit.

I am thinking of 90c or 92c, what do you guys want?

I am reworking the temperature table of my GTX9xxM Mods...too many systems run the fan at automatic max (80%) only at 89c, so the current 87c throttle has to be raised a bit.

I say 92C. Some of these cards are running pretty hot compared to the rest (mine and I know of two others with hotter cards) and it would be nice to be able to set the throttle point higher. We can always change the temp target down if we don't like the high temps but my master likes to run right on the border between 86-88 and then it's stutter time.

97C?

J/k 92C please. :D

I think 92 degC would be more sensible, because temperature will continue to rise slightly for a short time after 80% fans come on at 89 degC, so by putting a throttle point at 92 degC would mean that you're giving the fans a chance to bring down the temperature before throttling occurs. If you set it at 90degC you might quite likely have a short period of throttling before the increased fan speed could take effect.

92c sounds excellent. I never OC unless I'm running AC so my Gpu temps stay in the upper 60s under full load. Cpu temps stay in the 80-85c range under load also.

i dont know is the g751 980m is mxm but its 4gb not 8gb

Asus uses a propitiatory (non-standard) version of MXM, don't use other OEMs vBIOS...

oh the card is a stonker comes close to my 970gtx but id still love a vbios to be able to flex the card for the future, the cooling on this laptop is second to none, 63.c load on stock. is there any chance a g751 vbios can be made ?

92c let it buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrnnnnnnn

also, like i mentioned in various emails, let the fan run 100% BEFORE it throttels, there is not one reason to net let it run 100%

Noise? I mean we already have the option of FN+1 for max fans. Choice is never a bad thing.

why would i prefer noise level over not throttling?speaking of noise, my cpu is cooled with 50% fan power and the gpu gets hotter , of course, so its 80%, but the cpu fan is smaller than the gpu fan so if i use fn+1its WAY more noisier than gpu 100 cpu 50....

altought prema says exact the same as u do but i just dont understand that way of thinking, gaming laptops aren t silent systems and i want all the power my 980m can deliver there is no reason to prefer noise over performance

i dont know how much work it is @Prema, but maybe lets have both options, a performane option and a noise option...

btw. what id like to have is just that what celvo delivers in laptops with stock 980m, and what my laptop did when i had the 7970m...when the card demands full colling power, give it to "her" ^^(especially when we are raising the throttel temperature over the temperature that nvidia recommends)...btw that was what i was demanding from the first second on :D