[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

Vantage

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4960X,Johnksss Edition P570WM

Cloud Gate 1.1

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4960X,Johnksss Edition P570WM

Skydiver 1.0

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After validating properly my GTX970M overclock, I finally made FS 7515 :) (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,CLEVO P170EM)...

I'm waiting K5-PRO thermal paste, Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra and copper heatsink to push it further.

That's a good upgrade, I'd probably be buying that 970M with some serious overclocking for my system, but alas it is not compatible!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have confirmed that my black screen overclocking with 980M is thermally induced. Did some benching on AC and can clock much higher now. Something on the GPU(s) is getting too hot. Repaste with Liquid Ultra a few days back helped a little too. Here is what I observed. When overclocking once the core reaches around 72°C something else is much hotter and makes the screen go black. As long as I can keep the temps below that, I can overclock all I want to. When not pushing the overclocking as hard, the core temps can go much hotter than 72°C without any kind of black screen issue. Not sure what is getting too hot, but I am going to guess either a MOSFET or VRM.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4903861

d4DkQe1.jpg

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/9849353

h83IFfh.jpg

Reminds me a little of the 580M scenario where the VRMs (or was it MOSFETS?!) were getting extremely hot & then killing the cards - hope it's not a card killer effect!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
Nice! Did you get your mosfets yet or is that an 'AC run'.

Thanks Brother Prema. That's an AC run. I have the chips and special flux, but I don't have the cash yet to buy the hot air station and few other things I need (magnifier, tweezers, etc). I'm hoping to get it done sometime in the next month. I need it for multiple reasons (two M18xR2 motherboards that I am hoping to repair, Alienware 18 motherboard I am hoping to mod, etc.).

That flux that came from Germany arrived a couple of days ago. The box it shipped in looked like it took a detour through a war zone in Afghanistan or something. It was obliterated, but the tube survived intact.

Awesome bench Mr.Fox wow!! Hehe check this screen out taken last night from my Panther 5. Not sure what 192bit is as shown on the right side in this memtest screenshot! 4 sticks in and on my own custom timings and this is what I got in Memtest which is not what I am loading for windows for some reason. Prema btw you rock the bios you made for Panther 5 is epic!!

b2e3fa68bf40971915ae83bd07079b44.jpg

3100mhz DDR3 sodimm!??! :D;) 192bit!??!

Can anyone tell me if I should test in Memtest using just 1 stick? BTW proper way to run Memtest on this is to disable uefi to boot from the memtest cd? Is what I did for the test but using all 4 sticks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome bench Mr.Fox wow!! Hehe check this screen out taken last night from my Panther 5. Not sure what 192bit is as shown on the right side in this memtest screenshot! 4 sticks in and on my own custom timings and this is what I got in Memtest which is not what I am loading for windows for some reason. Prema btw you rock the bios you made for Panther 5 is epic!!

b2e3fa68bf40971915ae83bd07079b44.jpg

3100mhz DDR3 sodimm!??! :D;) 192bit!??!

Can anyone tell me if I should test in Memtest using just 1 stick? BTW proper way to run Memtest on this is to disable uefi to boot from the memtest cd? Is what I did for the test but using all 4 sticks.

WOOT!

@mw86, you're a genius when it comes to these RAM tweaks. Thanks a ton. Now @Prema has at least two examples of the Panther/P570WM running 2400MHz on memory with his BIOS mod. If we can get the Vengeance to do this in the M18xR2 that would be awesome as well.

Here are my benchmark results.

post-119-1449500029105_thumb.jpg

WOOT!

@mw86, you're a genius when it comes to these RAM tweaks. Thanks a ton. Now @Prema has at least two examples of the Panther/P570WM running 2400MHz on memory with his BIOS mod. If we can get the Vengeance to do this in the M18xR2 that would be awesome as well.

Here are my benchmark results.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15233[/ATTACH]

You are very welcome Brother Fox happy to contribute to our great community. If other Panther 5 users need help I am willing to help make ram profiles for them. Cheers Panther 5 rocks, Tech Inferno rocks and so does Prema's unlocked bios ;)@Prema

9623 3dm11 GPU score on 7970m at 1.225V. I raised the overcurrent protection threshold by 30% to stop crashes over 1.15V. Clocks were 1220/1615. I could do a little better. I have no idea why the CPU score is so bad. I even reinstalled 3dm11 and no improvement.

AMD Radeon HD 7970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,CLEVO P150EM

Broke 7k in firestrike. I had to drop clocks by 5mhz core and mem.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7425105

• Thumbs Up 1