Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
J95

[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

Recommended Posts

 

12 hours ago, Tulius said:

Why did you use Optimus anyway? Would'n be better if you change to PEG in BIOS to fully utilizes your GPU? I think the only reason to utilize Optimus if you put the new 10 Nvidia series(1050, 1060 and 1070) in some nom eDP Alienware panels.

I just tried to do that yesterday and my laptop wouldn't post , and here is why something happened to my laptop last year it BSOD and then BIOS settings were all wiped .
I thought that was wired after that my laptop no longer sees any of my hard drives !!! I freaked out and to this day it won't POST, UNLESS I Disable UEFI and enable BIOS and enable RAID (even though my drives are not raided ).

As you know BIOS windows 10 modded driver = NO POST 

:(

I am going to be stuck with old driver forever now without @J95

Edited by HaloTechnology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/09/2017 at 9:53 AM, HaloTechnology said:

 

I just tried to do that yesterday and my laptop wouldn't post , and here is why something happened to my laptop last year it BSOD and then BIOS settings were all wiped .
I thought that was wired after that my laptop no longer sees any of my hard drives !!! I freaked out and to this day it won't POST, UNLESS I Disable UEFI and enable BIOS and enable RAID (even though my drives are not raided ).

As you know BIOS windows 10 modded driver = NO POST 

:(

I am going to be stuck with old driver forever now without @J95

Next time with new Nvidia drivers released I will try make a Optimus version too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tulius said:

Next time with new Nvidia drivers released I will try make a Optimus version too.

OH thanks !!! MAN that will be awesome ! I appreciate it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm uploading new mod file drivers for Alienware win10
 PEG and Optimus mod files(Optimus not tested):


GeForce driver 385.69

 

Game Ready

Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

Game ready VR
Provides the optimal gaming experience for EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone and From Other Suns open beta

 

Alienware:

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models
nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

nv_dispi.inf_v385.69_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v385.69_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

 

GeForce 385.69 Win10

Edited by Tulius
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ezio21 said:

But which driver to download? Desktop or notebook?

Just download the desktop driver.

Edited by Tulius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After installing your last driver 385.41 using desktop base on Alienware M18xR1 with two 880M I couldn't use NVENC in OBS. Reverting to old @J95 driver fixed the issue.

 

Also please include driver link in post you upload INFs as @J95 did. That makes life easier.

Edited by Ezio21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ezio21 said:

After installing your last driver 385.41 using desktop base on Alienware M18xR1 with two 880M I couldn't use NVENC in OBS. Reverting to old @J95 driver fixed the issue.

 

Also please include driver link in post you upload INFs as @J95 did. That makes life easier.

Did you try using the 385.69 driver mod? OBS 20.0.1 NVENC encoder is working just fine with my M18XR2  980M SLI. 

Nvidia driver link included now :)

Edited by Tulius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.

 

I will wait for some new game until I install new drivers. I install them only if I need SLI profiles for something fresh on the market.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2017 at 3:08 AM, Tulius said:

I'm uploading new mod file drivers for Alienware win10
 PEG and Optimus mod files(Optimus not tested):


GeForce driver 385.69

 

Game Ready

Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

Game ready VR
Provides the optimal gaming experience for EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone and From Other Suns open beta

 

Alienware:

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models
nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

nv_dispi.inf_v385.69_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v385.69_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

 

GeForce 385.69 Win10

 

Thanks dude for the release ! I installed it on my P170EM with GTX970M after DDU. After the last reboot, I managed to play Battlefield 1 or any demanding game without issues.

 

However, after a while, the computer restart automatically and the drivers rolled back to 353.54 :(

 

This is the second time I tried to install it.... Do you have any clue ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoani said:

 

Thanks dude for the release ! I installed it on my P170EM with GTX970M after DDU. After the last reboot, I managed to play Battlefield 1 or any demanding game without issues.

 

However, after a while, the computer restart automatically and the drivers rolled back to 353.54 :(

 

This is the second time I tried to install it.... Do you have any clue ?

 

You need to disable automatic driver updating in Windows. I would give you the instruction but I don't have them at hand. A simple Google should get you where you need to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheTqM said:

 

You need to disable automatic driver updating in Windows. I would give you the instruction but I don't have them at hand. A simple Google should get you where you need to go.

I was thinking this part was handled automatically with DDU but I must admit that I didn't get the last win10 creators ed version of DDU.

 

Do you think reapeating the process with this last DDU will do the trick ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hoani said:

I was thinking this part was handled automatically with DDU but I must admit that I didn't get the last win10 creators ed version of DDU.

 

Do you think reapeating the process with this last DDU will do the trick ?

 

Dunno, might as well do it manually. 

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

 

Note, it will disable all driver updates for all hardware that windows 10 was automatically updating.... But if you're using a modded AW that's probably not much now anyhow. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

j95 is still doing them. Just posting them elsewhere (NBR)

 

On 8/6/2017 at 9:07 PM, TheTqM said:

@J95 Thank you for all the modded .inf.
You'be been pretty quiet lately, are you retiring from modding  .inf for the community or simply working on only major driver releases?

On 9/14/2017 at 10:34 AM, HaloTechnology said:

will that's a shame :( thanks anyway man what happened to @J95

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2017 at 1:21 PM, TheTqM said:

 

Dunno, might as well do it manually. 

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

 

Note, it will disable all driver updates for all hardware that windows 10 was automatically updating.... But if you're using a modded AW that's probably not much now anyhow. 

 

 

Thanks for the tip. Finally I followed another tutorial that works with Windows 10 Creators Update. There are four method to acheive this and only two of them work on Creators Update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:ohmy:Unbelievable.... The new official hotfix Nvidia GPU 387.98 driver officially supports Alienware laptops with GM204 GPUs (965M, 970M, 980M), M18X-R2 included, just tested now and works right off the bat no modding needed in my old Alienware M18X-R2 :frantics:

See for yourselves guys...

 

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98

 

Edited by Tulius
  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tulius said:

:ohmy:Unbelievable.... The new official hotfix Nvidia GPU 387.98 driver officially supports Alienware laptops with GM204 GPUs (965M, 970M, 980M), M18X-R2 included, just tested now and works right off the bat no modding needed in my old Alienware M18X-R2 :frantics:

See for yourselves guys...

 

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98

Yeap, installed with no modding or disabling dds. Just as on normal PC. Wow! Even thinking of trying Geforce experience (I need it for my Nvidia Shield tablet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/10/13 at 10:16 AM, Tulius said:

:ohmy:Unbelievable.... The new official hotfix Nvidia GPU 387.98 driver officially supports Alienware laptops with GM204 GPUs (965M, 970M, 980M), M18X-R2 included, just tested now and works right off the bat no modding needed in my old Alienware M18X-R2 :frantics:

See for yourselves guys...

 

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98

 

Unbelievable!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 387.98

Answer ID 4563
 
Updated 10/12/2017 11:39 AM

This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 387.98 that addresses the following:

  • Fixed stutter when gaming on an external G-SYNC monitor connected to Notebook.
  • Added support back for Alienware laptops with GM204 GPUs (965M, 970M, 980M).

Windows 10:

64-bit

32-bit

Windows 8.1/Windows 7:

64-bit

32-bit

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed. This official driver works with AW 17 (2013) + 980m 8GB (clevo) wtich Prema vbios. Even Optimus mode is working great. Can't believe it took so long. I have just downloaded and installed it- plug&play. No need to use DDU or modified .ini files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2017 at 7:45 AM, Castiel said:

Confirmed. This official driver works with AW 17 (2013) + 980m 8GB (clevo) wtich Prema vbios. Even Optimus mode is working great. Can't believe it took so long. I have just downloaded and installed it- plug&play. No need to use DDU or modified .ini files.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME , I LOVE YOU MAN 

I LOVE YOU NVIDIA :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Guardian241
      So I just received a 980m in the post and after installing it I was greeted by multiple system crashes on my Alienware m17xr4 and was unable to install new drivers.

      Is there a step in the intallation process I missed? A bios setting I was supposed to change? The laptop is already set to UEFI mode in preperation for this and upon putting the old 680m back in the system it now works again. I have heard that I need to change INI files to install drivers but I expected it to at least function without large bugs such as these. Do you think that this GPU is faulty or have I done something wrong?
       
      Thanks for any help you can give.
       
      - M
    • By Guardian241
      Hi,
       
      I've recently got my hands on an M17x R4 Alienware Laptop from 2013 which I love. I've replaced the screen, keyboard, RAM, and hard drive to make it into a fully modern laptop. However, I'm currently waiting on a replacement for the 680m GPU with a 980m from ebay. My question for you all is, do I need to do anything with the BIOS to make this 980m work? Is there a way to prevent the laptop from using Intel HD Graphics with Optimus? I think the Intel HD Graphics on this laptop are currently broken as I see static-looking dots flash on the screen. (See image below for example). My theory is that because Intel HD Graphics with Optimus is still in-use while in-game, the dots are being caused by it.
       
      Thanks for any help in advance.
       
      - M
       

       
       
    • By ReverseEffect
      3dMark11 Performance Preset Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11262792
       
      Required items:
      1.) Lenovo u310 (I have a Core i3 - Ivy Bridge, 8GB RAM)
      2.) 65CN99WW unwhitelisted.
      3.) eGPU (I used a EVGA GTX 750 Ti from another computer I had).
      4.) EXP GDC mPCIe Edition adapter (got from eBay - banggood seller).
      5.) ATX power supply (I used a 600W PSU from another computer I had).
      6.) USB wireless.
      7.) External monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
       
      Steps:
      1.) Obtain and install a unwhitelisted BIOS. If you are unable to obtain a unwhitelist BIOS, I think it might be possible to bypass it with Tech Inferno Fan's Setup 1.x (may need confirmation as I haven't used it myself yet.)
      2.) Shutdown computer and remove all USB devices, ethernet cables, power cables, card reader cards.
      3.) Remove mPCIe wireless card and detach antennas.
       
       
      4.) Attach EXP GDC external mPCIe cable to the former wireless slot and screw down.
       
       
      5.) Attach HDMI end of the mPCIe cable adapter to the EXP GDC device.
       
       
      6.) Attach graphics card to the EXP GDC device (I moved my laptop off the desk and onto the side shelf to make room on the desk for the monitor/keyboard/mouse).
       
       
      7.) Using the power cable adapters that came with the EXP GDC device, I hooked in my ATX power supply's 20 pin and CPU 4 pin cables. Then hooked the other end (8 pin) into the EXP GDC device. My EVGA 750 Ti also required that I use an additional PCIe power cable (6 pin) in the top of the card.
       
       
       
       
       
      8.) Then I attached my misc devices (HDMI monitor, USB keyboard/mouse/wireless adapter), and hooked in my PSU and powered it on (below is image of final product, also moved HDMI cable out of the way).
       

       
      9.) Power on your computer and let it install the standard VGA drivers and then install your drivers (I didn't have to go in the BIOS for any graphics settings, which it doesn't have anyways, nor did I have to disable iGPU in Device Manager before the card was added).
       
      Extra Info:
      I found that most games will play on med settings with about 45 FPS with this particular card.
      BDO: Upscale on - Anti Aliasing on - SSAO off - med settings.
      Skyrim: Med-High settings.
      Fallout 4: Med settings.
       
      (EDIT 5/19/2016) > Images added.
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.