[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

On 6/9/2015 at 0:45 PM, J95 said:

[MENTION=5647]Lee James Wood[/MENTION] follow this.

BIOS reset M17xR4 Optimus 1- Unplug power cord 2- Remove battery 3- Hold power button for 30 seconds 4- Remove CMOS coin battery (next to GPU fan) 5- Remove gtx 980M -> 2 screws only, there's no need to remove the heat sink. 6- Reinsert CMOS battery 7- Plug power cord 8- Power on -> Beeps -> hold power button until shutdown. 9- Power on -> F2 -> Boot menu -> "Boot list option" UEFI -> "Load Legacy Option ROM" Disabled -> "Secure boot" Disabled -> "Windows 8 Fast Boot" Disabled -> Exit menu 'Save Without Exit' -> Power off. 10- Reinsert gtx 980M 11- Power ON -> F2 -> shutdown. 12- Re-install Win10 13- Windows setup hold SHIFT+F10

Warning: All partitions & data will be permanently lost on the disk

Already GPT, skip this.
Select the proper disk

diskpart
DISKPART> List disk
DISKPART>select disk X
DISKPART>clean
DISKPART>convert gpt
DISKPART>exit
Install windows

hXwkltI.png

'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Display.Driver copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf -> run setup.exe

EDIT: BIOS reset: PEG/120Hz model will require 680M or 780M "backup card" to access BIOS settings, step 7, 8, >9<

7- Install "backup card" -> Plug power cord 8- Power on -> Beeps -> hold power button until shutdown. 9- Power on -> F2 -> Boot menu -> "Boot list option" UEFI -> "Load Legacy Option ROM" Disabled -> "Secure boot" Disabled -> "Windows 8 Fast Boot" Disabled -> Exit menu 'Save Without Exit' -> Power off. 10- Reinsert gtx 980M 11- Power ON -> F2 -> shutdown.

[url=http://www.3dmark.com/aot/11880]NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3940XM,Alienware M17xR4

why should one use GPT or MBR, can you please explain that to me, as i just setup my m18xr2 with windows 10, 970m in full uefi with MBR partition table, and i dont seem to notice any problems, i managed to install the drivers just fine. 

Hi

Do you have any best drivers then 359.00 and 358.50 to my 980M

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AA1028
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&CC_0300
Spoiler

bkqcyp.jpg

I can't start Fallout 4 and The Division Beta on dedicated graphics they are starting with Intel HD4600 - I know that because when games start graphics fan almost doesn't work and processor fan starting with maximum RPM...
I install modded drivers from
http://downloads.eurocom.com/support/drivers/upgradeyourlaptop/Alienware/
Version 359.00 and 358.50 and still same problem.
Of course i try start both games with right button with hight performance nvidia graphic processor
After that I enter to device manager and manually turn off INTEL HD graphic but that don't help...
I update bios to A14 (alienware 17r5 (2013))

I try  Fn-F5  as well ...

Edited by Maxx73

I need to report a bug with 352.84_PEG_MOD_win10 drivers for a M18XR2 with a 980m after shutting down windows 10. The system would boot what looked like normal but after a bit the screen would go black then I would get a mostly white screen with a mouse cursor, you could also see some colors in the white but speckled everywhere, then after a short moment it would go to a flashing screen with white squares on the bottom, I would have to hard power the system down, after that though things came up normal the bug seemes to occur after a shutdown every time (I was using Prema V2 vbios as well). I rolled back to an older driver 347.25 and that problem disappeared, I also tried out the newer driver @J95 had posted, I got it to install fine with no issues but I ran into throttling issues =/ so I rolled back but thank you guys for all your hard work! We would be lost without you guys. I also ran across another issue but not related to this driver, for those that use a M18XR2 with a 980m I seem to get random lock ups in games, I think I've narrowed it down to hwinfo64 controlling my fans (which sucks cause this helps my temps when they kick on earlier instead of 76-77), I'll keep testing to see if this was the issue.

Edited by 82280zx

Hello guys, I've recently installed a 980M 8Gb card into M17x R4 (A12 standard/manufacturer bios, UEFI, Optimus enabled, Windows 8.1, Drivers 358.50 from Eurocom) and it seems that the card isn't running at it's full potential - meaning that I can't score more than 6500 in firestrike (graphics score around 7800), although I saw much higher scores from other users.
I don't want to OC yet, the score above mentioned is at stock clocks.
Can you please help me with some information regarding what should I do to increase the performance because I've just spent around 900 USD for not even 40% performance increase from my old 7970M, so I'm thinking that I must be doing something wrong...
Many thanks in advance!

Anyone else run into the (most likely optimus related) problem where after upgrading your gpu, the integrated graphics card becomes the default display adapter for external displays? My 680M couldn't handle 4k gaming, and my new 980M won't even display in 4k. The integrated chip's max display output resolution is some form of 2k...

On 2/22/2016 at 10:10 AM, Maxx73 said:

Hi

Do you have any best drivers then 359.00 and 358.50 to my 980M

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AA1028
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&CC_0300
  Reveal hidden contents

I can't start Fallout 4 and The Division Beta on dedicated graphics they are starting with Intel HD4600 - I know that because when games start graphics fan almost doesn't work and processor fan starting with maximum RPM...
I install modded drivers from
http://downloads.eurocom.com/support/drivers/upgradeyourlaptop/Alienware/
Version 359.00 and 358.50 and still same problem.
Of course i try start both games with right button with hight performance nvidia graphic processor
After that I enter to device manager and manually turn off INTEL HD graphic but that don't help...
I update bios to A14 (alienware 17r5 (2013))

I try  Fn-F5  as well ...

Uninstall drivers using DDU "Clean & shutdown" -> Install latest Intel drivers -> F8 Disable driver signing -> Install v361.75 nvcvi.inf (Optimus fix)  -> Manage 3D settings -> set "high performance nvidia graphic processor"

On 2/23/2016 at 6:02 PM, 82280zx said:

I need to report a bug with 352.84_PEG_MOD_win10 drivers for a M18XR2 with a 980m after shutting down windows 10. The system would boot what looked like normal but after a bit the screen would go black then I would get a mostly white screen with a mouse cursor, you could also see some colors in the white but speckled everywhere, then after a short moment it would go to a flashing screen with white squares on the bottom, I would have to hard power the system down, after that though things came up normal the bug seemes to occur after a shutdown every time (I was using Prema V2 vbios as well). I rolled back to an older driver 347.25 and that problem disappeared, I also tried out the newer driver @J95 had posted, I got it to install fine with no issues but I ran into throttling issues =/ so I rolled back but thank you guys for all your hard work! We would be lost without you guys. I also ran across another issue but not related to this driver, for those that use a M18XR2 with a 980m I seem to get random lock ups in games, I think I've narrowed it down to hwinfo64 controlling my fans (which sucks cause this helps my temps when they kick on earlier instead of 76-77), I'll keep testing to see if this was the issue.

DDU "Clean & shutdown" -> Safe Mode -> Flash Prema's vBIOS CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M_OC_PM_v1.1.1 -> Install PEG MOD v352.84 Full_Profiles_4_v352.84.txt, please follow instructions to the letter.

On 2/27/2016 at 7:19 AM, bamse1 said:

Hello guys, I've recently installed a 980M 8Gb card into M17x R4 (A12 standard/manufacturer bios, UEFI, Optimus enabled, Windows 8.1, Drivers 358.50 from Eurocom) and it seems that the card isn't running at it's full potential - meaning that I can't score more than 6500 in firestrike (graphics score around 7800), although I saw much higher scores from other users.
I don't want to OC yet, the score above mentioned is at stock clocks.
Can you please help me with some information regarding what should I do to increase the performance because I've just spent around 900 USD for not even 40% performance increase from my old 7970M, so I'm thinking that I must be doing something wrong...
Many thanks in advance!

DDU "Clean & Shutdown" -> Disable driver signing -> Flash Prema's vBIOS CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M_OC_PM_v1.1.1 ->  Install PEG MOD v353.00 + Full_Profiles_8_v353.00.txt

4 hours ago, Billy54 said:

Anyone else run into the (most likely optimus related) problem where after upgrading your gpu, the integrated graphics card becomes the default display adapter for external displays? My 680M couldn't handle 4k gaming, and my new 980M won't even display in 4k. The integrated chip's max display output resolution is some form of 2k...

DDU "Clean and Shutdown" ->  Install latest Intel HD drivers -> Disable Driver signing -> Install NV drivers v361.75 (Optimus Fixes).

361.xx Requirements:

Due to driver incompatibility (black screens, TDRs, BSODs...) with previous vBIOS versions you must flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

10 hours ago, J95 said:

DDU "Clean and Shutdown" ->  Install latest Intel HD drivers -> Disable Driver signing -> Install NV drivers v361.75 (Optimus Fixes).

(Win 7, so no signing) I've tried these drivers before, but to no avail. Unfortunately I am away from my Alienware and will be so for a couple weeks. I'm assuming you're not telling me to clean the integrated graphics, correct? (Win 7-> no uefi-> no PEG)

13 hours ago, Billy54 said:

(Win 7, so no signing) I've tried these drivers before, but to no avail. Unfortunately I am away from my Alienware and will be so for a couple weeks. I'm assuming you're not telling me to clean the integrated graphics, correct? (Win 7-> no uefi-> no PEG)

Specs? Many reported issues w/ desktop 4K monitors.  Backup first, install latest Intel HD win7 drivers (booting w/ IGP),  use DDU then try 362.00 and previous drivers (all modded).

---------------------UPDATED-----------------------

GeForce 362.00 WHQL

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

Requirements:

Due to driver incompatibility (black screens, TDRs, BSODs...) with previous vBIOS versions you must flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file
  • Extracted driver package,  run setup.exe  

-> Keep these folders only <-

361.75.thumb.PNG.cd5111f39779e9d64f24d39

INF MOD v362.00

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

Updated throttle free PEG MODs GTX 980M/970M

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD Win7/8.1 - Full_Profiles_9_v353.00.txt

GeForce 352.84 PEG MOD Win 10 - Full_Profiles_5_v352.84.txt

GeForce 362.00 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 362.00 Win10

nv_dispi.inf_v362.00_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated.zip

nvcvi.inf_v362.00_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v362.00_Win10_PEG_Dedicated.zip

nvcvi.inf_v362.00_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the monitor:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJGY3TO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

It ran in 4k on my 680m, so I know that it is hardwired to work that way, switching the card should not affect that. I contacted nvidia and they had me screenshot the physx page of the control panel, which essentially shows both the laptop display and monitor to be hooked up to the igp. Yet on my 680m the monitor was shown to be hooked up to the 680m. I wish I could provide screenshots but I'm currently away from my alienware and will be for a few weeks, so won't be able to test any solutions. Was just wondering if anyone else experienced any problems.

Would flashing Prema's vbois possibly help?

6 hours ago, HaloTechnology said:

Wow do we really need to flash the new vBIOS for the newer Geforce driver ? I am scared of flashing i bought the card already flashed :(

I have PEG dedicated, (120hz model), last time I looked (looong ago) there wasn't way to flash vbios...is it something change? PS I don't have prema vbios now, could it works without prema previous vbios or is it true that we need prema v2 in any case? :question:

Edited by vj88

19 hours ago, vj88 said:

I have PEG dedicated, (120hz model), last time I looked (looong ago) there wasn't way to flash vbios...is it something change? PS I don't have prema vbios now, could it works without prema previous vbios or is it true that we need prema v2 in any case? :question:

I am in the same boat though I have 60Hz and I do have Perma v1 

7 hours ago, bassistas said:

Hello guys, I just upgraded my alienware M18x R2 to one 980m and I am confused with the drivers. I managed to install 352.84 but I dont get good performance. Do I need anything else to do?

Please follow instructions to the letter GeForce 352.84 PEG MOD Win 10 - Full_Profiles_5_v352.84.txt

-------------------------UPDATED--------------------------

NV drivers 361.xx & 362.xx (Throttle free PEG MODs v353.00 Win8.1 & v352.84 Win10 keep v1.1.1)

@All flash @Prema's v2 vBIOS MOD 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema) >>under safe mode<< to avoid issues, please read the readme file before flashing (included nvflash w/ full UEFI support).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/3/2016 at 3:27 AM, vj88 said:

I am still scared of flashing but I have to do it I guess :( someone hug me :30_002:

1 hour ago, HaloTechnology said:

I am still scared of flashing but I have to do it I guess :( someone hug me :30_002:

Just wait for flash confirmation before restarting "Update Successful". Otherwise, reflash until proper confirmation.

Hello,

i´m new here, but first thanks a lot for the modificated drivers. You saved my day.

But i lost the point: which is the newest version of the Nvidia Drivers inf for an Alienware m17x R3 with 3D and a new mounted GFX680 m?

And, where can i download it? The files here mostly led on an lost page or the page told me, that i don´t have the permission.

Can someone please help me ? I have used your first 334,89 but even can´t download it here but found it over it´s name in a library.

GeForce Driver 364.47

GeForce driver 364.47 released. It's a WHQL game ready driver for Tom Clancy’s The Division, Hitman, Need for Speed, Ashes of the Singularity, and Rise of the Tomb Raider." It has support for the Vulkan API also.

Driver 364.47 is r364_44-4, dated 03/03/2016.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 has a new game profile with this driver.

im just waiting for the   modded INF?

Edited by ibegohard1017

8 hours ago, ibegohard1017 said:

hello yo guy please   Prema vBIOS v2  work on  Alienware 17 R1 "Elitist" - i7 4710MQ | GTX 980M  8gb who can confirm ????

It just works man.
If you have AW17 R1 boot to optimus and from device manager disable the "Microsoft basic display adapter", copy the modme.bat's commands from prema mod zip and open the cmd window with administrator privileges then paste those commands, flashes the GPU (Ignore the PCI subsystem error -6 allows that so no worry) and then Boot to safe mode - Run DDU use "Clean and Shutdown" then use f8 to disable the driver signature enforcement and install the modded inf driver. It works, I had run Blackops 3 maxed-out and it doesn't throttle.

Edited by Ashtrix

On 3/5/2016 at 8:41 PM, harrisson_at said:

Hello,

i´m new here, but first thanks a lot for the modificated drivers. You saved my day.

But i lost the point: which is the newest version of the Nvidia Drivers inf for an Alienware m17x R3 with 3D and a new mounted GFX680 m?

And, where can i download it? The files here mostly led on an lost page or the page told me, that i don´t have the permission.

Can someone please help me ? I have used your first 334,89 but even can´t download it here but found it over it´s name in a library.

Just install using nv_dispi.inf.  User Account Promotions Please Read

---------------------UPDATED----------------------

GeForce 364.47 WHQL

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

Requirements:

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file
  • Extracted driver package,  run setup.exe  

-> Keep these folders only <-

361.75.thumb.PNG.cd5111f39779e9d64f24d39

INF MOD v364.47

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

Updated throttle free PEG MODs GTX 980M/970M

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD Win7/8.1 - Full_Profiles_10_v353.00.txt

GeForce 352.84 PEG MOD Win 10 - Full_Profiles_6_v352.84.txt

GeForce 364.47 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 364.47 Win10

nv_dispi.inf_v364.47_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated.zip

nvcvi.inf_v364.47_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v364.47_Win10_PEG_Dedicated.zip

nvcvi.inf_v364.47_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

• J95 pinned this topic