EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
gerald

Y510p Ultrabay Graphics card

22 minutes ago, rafe said:

My GPU is shutting down and the notebook restarting during gaming.

Has anyone else with the LUB adapter faced similar situation?

My system work fine. I got few strange problems with game Mass Effect Andromeda, when during some cut scenes picture freeze and GPU is disconnect in the system, so i have to reboot. I saw it only in this game. I tested few settings (Ultra, High), but at the end i set Ultra settings and it's fine now.

You got such behavior only in one game?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/18/2020 at 4:49 PM, rusTORK said:

My system work fine. I got few strange problems with game Mass Effect Andromeda, when during some cut scenes picture freeze and GPU is disconnect in the system, so i have to reboot. I saw it only in this game. I tested few settings (Ultra, High), but at the end i set Ultra settings and it's fine now.

You got such behavior only in one game?

No, it was happening on every game I tried, but it occurred specially quick in GPU intensive games like COD4. I "solved" it underclocking both GPU and memory frequencies to 25% below maximum. Now I can play COD4 with all configs at the top for hours. 

I think it might have something to do with the PCIe x8 speed on the LUB adapter... I just hope that the GPU can work on full speed when I migrate it from the Y510P to a gaming rig!

Hey, looking for an adapter for y510p. I'm located in the EU and willing to pay reasonable amount for it (like not the price of this laptop, that would defeat the purpose).
Alternatively, I have limited access to industrial grade pcb printing machines and knowhow.  So could reproduce this as a one-off/knockoff. If someone could point me to the schematics that could be very helpful! Thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2020 at 12:10 PM, chemotox said:

Hey, looking for an adapter for y510p. I'm located in the EU and willing to pay reasonable amount for it (like not the price of this laptop, that would defeat the purpose).
Alternatively, I have limited access to industrial grade pcb printing machines and knowhow.  So could reproduce this as a one-off/knockoff. If someone could point me to the schematics that could be very helpful! Thank you

My recommendation is to go with the adapter produced by Swung (1339148162@qq.com) . It's not cheap, but it's worthed. To do it by yourself, even if someone send you the schematics, you'll spend like 50 hours on it and some more cash to make it happen. There are several caveats...

Hi, I've been searching all over the internet but am unable to find any more such adapters. Please help.

I got Sapphire Radeon R9 380X card. I bought it just to test with @gerald adapter on PCI Express compatibility. Card is old, was repaired, but still in working condition (i complete Mass Effect: Andromeda with it).

aETxEFz.png
Card itself support both PCI Express 3.0 and DirectX 12 and GPU-Z indeed see it max bandwidth as x16 3.0, but card work only at x8 2.0 (5 GT\s). So, maybe difference between GeForce and Radeon how maximum working bandwidth is shown to user. Radeon show everything, GeForce show only it's working conditions. I also must say, that after i install driver for Radeon i didn't got Error 43 on card. Simple and easy.

I got UL 3DMark Advanced Edition benchmark and it's PCI Express test, so i actually tested bandwidth for both: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming and Sapphire Radeon R9 380X. It's same - 3.28 GB\s.

eJBBrPY.jpg

Posted (edited)

I'm looking for a reasonable sale, say 1/2 or around of the laptop's worth. As the CPU is dated now, it would bottleneck most newer prosumer-gamer oriented cards anyway. It would be a nice project to try out, given a reasonable price.

Edited by chemotox

On 7/23/2020 at 9:46 PM, rafe said:

My recommendation is to go with the adapter produced by Swung (1339148162@qq.com) . It's not cheap, but it's worthed. To do it by yourself, even if someone send you the schematics, you'll spend like 50 hours on it and some more cash to make it happen. There are several caveats...

Thank you

I'd like to talk with @Swung Huangbut i can't speak chinese so i can't use qq. Any other method?

7 hours ago, vocco said:

I'd like to talk with @Swung Huangbut i can't speak chinese so i can't use qq. Any other method?

You can just email me to that address. In English if you like.

19 hours ago, vocco said:

I sent you an email some days ago but got no reply. Con you check it? @Swung Huang

Nothing found both in my inbox or junk box. Maybe send it again?

On 7/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, rafe said:

No, it was happening on every game I tried, but it occurred specially quick in GPU intensive games like COD4. I "solved" it underclocking both GPU and memory frequencies to 25% below maximum. Now I can play COD4 with all configs at the top for hours. 

I think it might have something to do with the PCIe x8 speed on the LUB adapter... I just hope that the GPU can work on full speed when I migrate it from the Y510P to a gaming rig!

Try again but this time (Download) Open and Run IdeaFAN first,  and manually start the FAN. After this, try using your normal GPU and Memory settings/clocks.

Posted (edited)

I have an adapter I don't need anymore. It is in mint condition, barely used. If anyone wants it please DM me. I will sell it at a reasonable cost since it is used after all. 

Edited by wendrickje

19 hours ago, wendrickje said:

I have an adapter I don't need anymore. It is in mint condition, barely used. If anyone wants it please DM me. I will sell it at a reasonable cost since it is used after all. 

Cannot DM to you, if possible, DM to me with price and where are you from, thank you. (Or give your e-mail to contact you from there).

15 hours ago, LeapingLamb said:

It doesn’t seem like I am able to send a DM to you @wendrickje

Seems like my membership has expired. Please email me at wendrickje@gmail.com we can work out a deal. Thanks 

On 12/31/2016 at 10:54 PM, rusTORK said:

@QDIR, If Robert didn't respond to you - i may sell adapter too. ;) 

Hi, do you still have this ultrabay adapter?

On 4/9/2016 at 8:33 PM, gerald said:

I have designed an adapter for the ultrabay slot to plug desktop graphic cards into a Y510p.

The BIOS starts with "Unauthorized Slave vga ...". Need help for a new BIOS without PCIe check on Ultrabay.

do you still make ultrabay adapter for egpu?

On 9/4/2020 at 6:07 AM, moi_25 said:

Hi, do you still have this ultrabay adapter?

@moi_25 I still have my adapter I'm trying to sell, are you interested? 

10 hours ago, wendrickje said:

@moi_25 I still have my adapter I'm trying to sell, are you interested? 

how much you sell it and can it be send to saudi arabia? 

Edited by moi_25

Hi,

I'm also looking for adapter. Anyone sell it. I send e-mail to Swung.

How much it cost and how much for shipping to Poland?

Good news for anyone who wants to use adapter for 4k or 1440p gaming, pci-e 3.0 x8 is not a big bottleneck for RTX3080 (cpu will be for 1080p and maybe for 1440p, but probobly for 4k its still fine)

Pci-e benchmark

Thinking about upgrading my Vega 64LC once prices drop or some quiet models come out.

Any thoughts about this ? ^^

16 hours ago, Maciek602 said:

Does anyone still has an adapter for Lenovo Y500? I am willing to buy it!

Just bought 7x 2199015-1connectors.
Will be making few of these.

• Thumbs Up 1