Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Flashed modded bios (1.07), swapped out the Intel Centrino 2230 for the Intel AC 7260 and wifi and bluetooth work great. However, ever since switching the card my computer can no longer enter sleep mode. It just wakes up immediately after I tell it to go to sleep. I've tried looking at all the different power options, disabling the network card to be able to wake up the computer but I still have the same problem. Any advice?

cliffsnotes:

stock BIOS, Centrino 2230 = sleep mode ok

Modded BIOS, Centrino 2230 = sleep mode ok

Modded BIOS, AC 7260 = computer wakes immediately after trying to enter sleep mode.

Laptop is a recently bought y410p. BIOS version 1.07. Any help is appreciated.

I may have uncovered a bug... I installed my shiny new 7260 (it's been awesome so far!) but now my computer won't sleep with either closing the lid or hitting the sleep button. When I hit the sleep button, it looks like it goes to sleep for like half a second (keyboard back light goes off and the power button blinks once) but it immediately turns back on after that.

I have the same problem

I've got a y410p with the BIOS mod installed, Windows 7, and a Wireless-AC 7260 and it is sleeping fine.

what's your bios version?

I don't think the mod is the problem because I had the mod installed with the old card and it slept fine.

I'm running windows 8

I may have uncovered a bug... I installed my shiny new 7260 (it's been awesome so far!) but now my computer won't sleep with either closing the lid or hitting the sleep button. When I hit the sleep button, it looks like it goes to sleep for like half a second (keyboard back light goes off and the power button blinks once) but it immediately turns back on after that.

I think I've solved it, at least partially.

Go to the Device Manager -> Bluetooth and disable the "Intel Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + HS Adapter". Now the computer sleeps properly again.

I'm not sure though if the problem is with the BIOS or with the Bluetooth driver itself.

Changing various settings in the BIOS as well as some of the AC7260 advanced properties in the Device Manager did not do anything however.

what's your bios version?
v1.07. I installed the latest drivers only (no PROSet application) for the wireless off Intel's website (v16.1.5) and the correct Bluetooth drivers from Lenovo's website (v3.1.1307) since Intel doesn't seem to have any on their site that is for with this card, probably because at this point it seems that it's only really available to OEM's,

v1.07. I installed the latest drivers only (no PROSet application) for the wireless off Intel's website (v16.1.5) and the correct Bluetooth drivers from Lenovo's website (v3.1.1307) since Intel doesn't seem to have any on their site that is for with this card, probably because at this point it seems that it's only really available to OEM's,

No luck for me. The 3.1.1307 bluetooth driver seems to be hard to find on Lenovo's support site, but Google brought me to Intel Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Software - ThinkPad L440, L540 where it can be downloaded. But the driver still fails to make the computer go to sleep.

Yeah I have v16.1.5 but also the PROSet application. Tried the following things: I downloaded and installed the v.3.1.1307 bluetooth driver, disabling "Intel Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + HS Adapter", uninstalling PROSet. None of these worked so far. Looking for more things to try.

Hi! I've got a y510P from the new batch with 755M, but this one has got the BIOS version 2.04. Is there going to be support for it?

Ah... can you send me a copy of it?

y410 and y410p have the same bios?

Most likely not, would have to see a Y410 bios to confirm it.

New to the forums and relatively new to BIOS mods, can anyone tell me what exactly the unlocked BIOS allows and what the SLI flash is good for?

Flashing the ultrabay gpu is only needed if you have one (obviously). It's needed so that both gpus (on-board and bay) have the same vbios, as the one in the bay uses it's separate one.

Flashed modded bios (1.07), swapped out the Intel Centrino 2230 for the Intel AC 7260 and wifi and bluetooth work great. However, ever since switching the card my computer can no longer enter sleep mode. It just wakes up immediately after I tell it to go to sleep. I've tried looking at all the different power options, disabling the network card to be able to wake up the computer but I still have the same problem. Any advice?

cliffsnotes:

stock BIOS, Centrino 2230 = sleep mode ok

Modded BIOS, Centrino 2230 = sleep mode ok

Modded BIOS, AC 7260 = computer wakes immediately after trying to enter sleep mode.

Laptop is a recently bought y410p. BIOS version 1.07. Any help is appreciated.

That's weird, I dare to say that this is unrelated with the mod. Might be a bug in the firmware, but then again since that card isn't officially supported I can't really call it bug if that is the case. Certainly annoying though... not sure what you could do.

On the other hand, if you have an SSD sleep is pretty much useless, I don't use it anymore at all. But everyone has its preferences.

Hi all,

Do it have option as to enable/disable optimus as below? Mine have graphic issue after changing hdd. Currently only intel graphic detected. Nvidia is missing.

I haven't seen a schematic of the Y410p/Y510p so far, but most likely the GPU is wired is similarly to the Y580 etc., so it will not be possible to change anything regarding the GPU config.

Make sure you have the proper drivers installed.

All of my usb-s stopped working..

That sounds very much like software issues, what have you tried so far to solve it, and when did it first appear?

I do have 510p with 755 sli configuration ajd 2.04 bios as well, unfortunately i cannot download the backup tool because of lack of post in the forum could you please give a direct link ? then i would be more than happy to get everything you need.

And thank you for the great work you are doing.

Rune

@svl7

Hi, can you take a look into this?

Did the bios mod on my y510P, with bios 1.09. Everything went as supposed to.

However, when I removed ultrabay, I noticed, my internal gpu bios version is changed.

No gpu limit override, and memory cant be overclocked. ( second part probably not related to this)

Attached screenshots of single and dual gpu bios.

When I opened system bios in editor,checked the dump folder, there are two vga bioses packed in the file.

The one, which is modified by your tool, and the other one, which is used in single gpu mode.

These bios files have different file sizes as well, so i think replacing them with each other is not advised.

ultrabay is ~93K, internal dual mode bios is 159K and internal single bios is 59K

Bios dumps has been sent you via email.

Thanks in advance!

post-17279-14494996209349_thumb.jpg

post-17279-14494996209637_thumb.png

Another to say a successful mod + change to an Intel Wireless AC 7260 wireless card. Salvaged the dvd drive and remove the faceplate with some dis-assembly of the dvd drive to prevent any 'breaks' and put the faceplate on a new 9mm HDD caddy. Grabbed a Samsung 500gb EVO SSD, and plopped her in. That is where my success ends.

I have some more tinkering to deal with, but the error that comes up is regarding windows not be able to find the partition. The interesting thing is that the new SSD, instead of being labeled as Disk0 as the original HDD was, it is labeled as Disk2 after the 24gb m.2. I don't know if its the 8.1 os, the fact I was trying to install from usb, or the fact that the bios didn't update the disk drive to the right order? I was hoping for a clean install, but might have to deal with a clone/upgrade to pro.