EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Thanks a lot and grats on the increase in performance with your overclock!

Yeah but it´s possible do get more performance than this... this locked BIOS is resposible for sleepless nights... do you know a good program where i am able to make ingame videos ?? or i have to do it with my digicam... ?

FRAPS is good... I think Steven's made a lot of videos see what he suggests.

I just record 30 seconds at a time with FRAPS. Then I use Windows Live Movie Maker which is free with windows 7 (just download it from microsoft).

Good Luck and Thanks for the benchmarks.

• Thumbs Up 1

ok will give it a try... currently working to fix my Debian Linux on m14x... (no Ethernet, no WLAN, no Optimus), when i´m finished with that I record the videos

• Thumbs Up 1

Help, i just got a brand new M14x , but please tell me if i need some extra configuration (BIOS,Nvidia,Battery,etc) to make games run with extreme or hardcore settings smoothly, i tried hardcore with Crysis 2 but there's some lack with the movement, i also tried ultra settings with starcraft 2 and but it wasn't sucessful at all, to slow even the game tells me that reduce the graphics to better perfomance, so please tell me your config's.. Greetings..

It's probably only certain graphic features bringing down performance. I don't know that you'd be able to adjust stuff and still get Extreme or Hardcore to work... but play around... Steven should have a precise answer for you. Example in GTA 4 I get much better performance with 4 shadows or less otherwise it stutters a lot for me.

Coming up in the next 40 minutes. About 2 minutes and change long. I've had the game for about 2 months. I purchased and downloaded from a UK site as they had the game back in April. I played it for a while on the m15x and then lost my saves when I had to format to sell it. All in all it's ok. Very console feeling. Much less sandbox then even the last Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising.

I will move this thread under the gaming thread by tomorrow. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up! Thanks! So far over 6000 views for my videos that have the Techinferno front end. Would love to see the community grow just a bit (at a healthy pace).

Best wishes, StevenX

• Thumbs Up 1

@mw86 - I think we got Saint helped out in one of the individual threads below with whitelisting, crysis 2 configurations and so forth. I dont know much about SC2 but Im sure someone plays it on here and can help.

@Saint - you doing ok? Did you get everything working ok? Let us know.

Thanks!

StevenX

Thanks yes i did, Crysis 2 runs smoothly now with the AdvancedGraphicsoptions and the MSI Afterburner overclocking, about Starcraft 2 i did a little search and find out that my problem is FPS dropping, after some tweaks to the Variables.txt graphics file configuration still can't get it to Fix de dropping of FPS , all i can get is 30FPS in some stages of the game.

It will drop a little due to GPU utilization but with overclocking and the config tool for crysis 2 you should always be in the 30s. Many things come into consideration like the temperature of GPU and CPU and if they get too hot they will "throttle". You may want to use a tool like GPUZ or EVGA Precision will give you the GPU temp. Throttlestop will give you the CPU temp. Each computer is different so I can't tell you exactly what the temp should be. My general guideline is that if your cpu is over 90c it's getting a bit too hot.

GPU if your over 80c it's starting to get a bit hot.

Some good advice is to always make sure the rear of your notebook is raised to allow better airflow while you play games. I notebook cooling pad or just some simple items around the house to raise the back end of the notebook without covering the air intake helps greatly.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Best wishes, Stevenx

hey how long can u usually play on battery with these types of games, and does a cooling bad also extend battery life b.c the fans and comp have to essentially work less to cool itself off?

@bbish937 - Cheers and Welcome to T|I. Gameplay on battery if you use my settings can be anywhere from 50 minutes on the low end to over an hour on the high end. The GPU is set to balanced and the cpu can be set anywhere from 75-95. My advice is to set it at 75 min and 75 max. It's still at 1.5ghz on all 8 cores when needed. Cooling pads help but most are ran off USB which will eat more power. My advice would be to turn off all the alienFX lights when playing on battery, lower the LCD down to maybe 2 or 3 settings above minimum. Turn off all items not used in bios like LAN, HD Wifi or anything like that.

Good Luck and again thanks for posting.

Best Wishes,

StevenX

First I want to say sorry because I wasn't able to post some in game videos of dirt3 yet. Time isn't on my side but I will post them on the weekend...

As an old liquid nitrogen overclocker I want to say something:

CPU's (intel) are build for temps around 74 degrees under load. Everything above will damage the cpu and result in slowing down processes. In my opinion the m14x has a really strong (and loud) fan. I never had temps over 71 degrees. alienware should remove the bios lock of the nv gpu so it will be possible to clock over 800 on the core... you can raise the core over that mark. But you never get more than 800 because vof its oc protection. Also they should allow to give the nv gpu a little bit of extra voltage. The gpu isn't on its limit... its far away from that...

The next thing is the so called overclocking tab in bios... cmon guys... 3 MHz extra on the bus resulting in 40 MHz cpu speed... that's really a shame...

There is so much power in that laptop and we are not able to use it in games...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok I call myself a pc gamer or at least I was, back when I played it was all about the frame rate and not about the max settings. Now it seems its all about having the game graphics extreme and settling for playable fps. Is this the way it is now?? If it is and people are getting playable fps with the highest settings that means I should get great to extreme fps with having my game graphics set to low-medium.

For example a game most people should know Unreal Tournament. I would use the lowest game graphics settings and still keep it nice looking to achive 70+ fps but it seems if this game was new today everyone here would want high level game graphics and settle for 30-50 fps which seems a little strange to me or I am just getting old.:baffle:

• Thumbs Up 1

I do know a lot of people want to play games that may be beyond their system but try to tweak the game and the computer to be able to get by on okay performance rather than the game not working at all.

no you´re not OLD... xD I have a lot of so called "oldies" on my Alienware (UT3, CS1.6, HL2) I Love this games and they have very high FPS. Also I want to say that I´m not that kind of "FPS Junkie" Most games are playable from 27FPS upwards.

BUT (and yes... this BUT have a dedicated space in this Post)

I don´t understand why it is necessary to lock the GPU and CPU. I´m interessted in maxing out my system, I want to test settings and show what is possible to bang out the hell of that m14x. I don´t need this for playing games.. I only want to know. And I don´t understand why I pay a lot of money for that notebook, only to be a "guest" on my own System and on my own BIOS (You can laugh... but I feel so). I want my systems fully controlled.... by ME because I paid for it)

I hope you understand what I mean...

• Thumbs Up 2

I don´t understand why it is necessary to lock the GPU and CPU. I´m interessted in maxing out my system, I want to test settings and show what is possible to bang out the hell of that m14x. I don´t need this for playing games.. I only want to know. And I don´t understand why I pay a lot of money for that notebook, only to be a "guest" on my own System and on my own BIOS (You can laugh... but I feel so). I want my systems fully controlled.... by ME because I paid for it)

I hope you understand what I mean...

:78:

I 100% agree.

hey guys, so upon buying my m14x, i was wondering it the i7 2630, 4GB Ram, and the 1.5gb gt555m will be able to support these two games? im not much of a computer guy so i wouldnt know. Thanks!

Hi Rich, although there is no official Minimum Req specs yet here are some tentative ones .

Battlefield 3 MW3

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Dual Core

Memory: 2 GB

Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version

Video Memory: 512 MB

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 10

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Quadcore Processor

Memory: 4 GB

Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version

Video Memory: 1024 MB

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 11

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

I honestly think that the machine you have in mind will be more than enough to play those titles. If something see if you can add more RAM, RAM is always good, RAM is your friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Wbabt, thank you for replying. I guess i probably should invest in some more RAM, but for the time being i'll just stick with the 4gb, until i need more. I also have a question. When overclocking your m14x, what would be some safe overclocking stats to input into the bios? Thanks again.

As wbabt007 pointed out above the Recommended requirements are far surpassed by the m14x. BF:BC2 runs at about 35/40 - 60Fps at all high with vsync on and AA at 2x at 720p (1366x768) {i have teh 600p screen and it look NICE at 720p} BF3 runs on teh same engine as BF:BC2 (Frost Bite 2.0) so if anything at all high with vsync and AA im sure it will run at 30+ FPS

and as for Mw3, Mw2 runs at a sexy 40Fps+ on all high with AA and vsync. so Mw3 should as well :D

trust me you( and I, as well) will have Zero issues with these games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Brian
      Table of contents
      Unboxing Features & Flexibility One Size Does Not Fit All Thoughts & Verdict  

PC gamers are a picky bunch and are usually very meticulous about what type of equipment they purchase for their battlestations. One of the most important items for long term play and comfort is the gaming chair you will be sitting on for many hours. Comfort is a large factor and when choosing from what type of chair to get, the choices can be inundating. In particular, gamer chairs are a recent phenomenon that really took off with DX Racer and now there are a variety of choices to pick from on the market. In this article, we will be going over the Champion Series Gaming Chair by E-Win which offers a number of features that may be suited to even the most discerning gamer.

Unboxing & Assembly
      Every gamer loves the joy of unboxing any new item they get for their setup and so do we. So to kick things off with this review, here is our quick and dirty unboxing video for those of you that love that sorta thing as much as we do.

Assembly is pretty straightforward and if you've ever assembled any office chair in the past, it should easily be a 10-15 minute job at most. In fact, of all the recent office chairs I've built, this one is probably the easiest of them all because a lot of it was already preassembled in the box. Typically, when you buy an office chair, you have to attach the armrests to the seat or metal base but E-Win took care of that by having the arm rests and side cover already attached to the seat.

However, it's worth mentioning that I did have to loosen the 8 arm rest screws (4 each) to get the metal base to attach to the seat since the armrests by default were in too far but that didn't take more than an extra minute or two to do.

Features & Flexibility
      I think what separates gaming chairs like this from your typical office chair you can buy at places like Staples is the amount of flexibility it offers. For example, the armrests in this chair are marketed as "4D" because they allow full range 4D movement. The armrest can swivel left/right, up/down and front/back which is something I've never seen before I got this chair. One thing I really like about this chair is the handle for adjusting the backrest is just like the one you'd find in a typical car so it feels very natural. Whenever you want to kick back and take a nap or relax and watch a movie, this chairs backrest can adjust from 85 degrees to 155 degrees so it provides a huge range of movement you can choose from and also has a tilt locking mechanism to keep it where you want it.

You can see an example of the aforementioned features in the following video:

The Champion Series chair also has adjustable height of approximately 4 inches (15-18.9 inches) which for me was perfect because the last chair I used didn't sit high enough for me to keep my arms level with my desk. This resulted in pretty bad wrist cramps during long gaming sessions which fortunately this chair helped fix.

Finally, it also has your typical tilt tension screw at the bottom of the chair which I honestly never change but I'm sure others do and appreciate the granular adjustments.

One Size Does Not Fit All
      The E-Win Champion Series chair measures 21.3 in/54 cm wide at the base while the back rest is 20.5 in/52 cm. The hand rests are adjustable from 11.8 in to 14 in/30~36 cm and are 3.9 in/10 cm wide. The total length from the base to the top of the back rest measures 37.8 in/96 cm.

The reason I mentioned all these measurements is because I have often heard gamers complain about their new gaming chair on Reddit and elsewhere and usually the fault isn't in the chair itself but rather the person didn't take into account the size of the chair relative to their own body. Fortunately, E-Win offers a variety of  gaming chairs to choose from that suit virtually any body type. In my case in particular, I am 6'2" and weigh approximately 215 lbs so when my contact at E-Win asked me for my height and weight, she specifically chose this chair that would suit my build and as a result, it fits like a glove.

So How Is It?
      Well in a nutshell: It's fantastic and my primary gaming chair now, 'nuff said. It did take me a few days to break in as initially the seat felt a bit tight around the edges but after a few days of use, it broke in and now I've got it set just how I want for my long Apex Legends gaming sessions. One of the things I always complained about my previous mesh chair to my buddies on discord was that I couldn't quite adjust it high enough to keep my arms level with my desk. As a result, I would get really bad wrist cramps after an hour or two of gaming and my back would start aching. The Champion Series chair fortunately is a large chair and consequently can be adjusted high enough to even be above the level of my desk so I was able to adjust it to perfectly match my desks height and keep my arms level. I cannot stress how important this is for long term gaming as it can prevent repetitive strain injury and this chair fortunately helps with that.

Overall I'm very pleased with this chair and I think you will be too, take it from one gamer to another. Just remember to pick the chair that fits your body size so you don't run into any problems. If you'd like to purchase this chair, please visit E-Win's website and use code "TechInferno" when checking out. As of the publishing of this article, E-Win has a 30% off black friday sale so get it while you can!

View full article
    • By Brian
      Table of contents
      Unboxing Features & Flexibility One Size Does Not Fit All Thoughts & Verdict  

PC gamers are a picky bunch and are usually very meticulous about what type of equipment they purchase for their battlestations. One of the most important items for long term play and comfort is the gaming chair you will be sitting on for many hours. Comfort is a large factor and when choosing from what type of chair to get, the choices can be inundating. In particular, gamer chairs are a recent phenomenon that really took off with DX Racer and now there are a variety of choices to pick from on the market. In this article, we will be going over the Champion Series Gaming Chair by E-Win which offers a number of features that may be suited to even the most discerning gamer.

Unboxing & Assembly
      Every gamer loves the joy of unboxing any new item they get for their setup and so do we. So to kick things off with this review, here is our quick and dirty unboxing video for those of you that love that sorta thing as much as we do.

Assembly is pretty straightforward and if you've ever assembled any office chair in the past, it should easily be a 10-15 minute job at most. In fact, of all the recent office chairs I've built, this one is probably the easiest of them all because a lot of it was already preassembled in the box. Typically, when you buy an office chair, you have to attach the armrests to the seat or metal base but E-Win took care of that by having the arm rests and side cover already attached to the seat.

However, it's worth mentioning that I did have to loosen the 8 arm rest screws (4 each) to get the metal base to attach to the seat since the armrests by default were in too far but that didn't take more than an extra minute or two to do.

Features & Flexibility
      I think what separates gaming chairs like this from your typical office chair you can buy at places like Staples is the amount of flexibility it offers. For example, the armrests in this chair are marketed as "4D" because they allow full range 4D movement. The armrest can swivel left/right, up/down and front/back which is something I've never seen before I got this chair. One thing I really like about this chair is the handle for adjusting the backrest is just like the one you'd find in a typical car so it feels very natural. Whenever you want to kick back and take a nap or relax and watch a movie, this chairs backrest can adjust from 85 degrees to 155 degrees so it provides a huge range of movement you can choose from and also has a tilt locking mechanism to keep it where you want it.

You can see an example of the aforementioned features in the following video:

The Champion Series chair also has adjustable height of approximately 4 inches (15-18.9 inches) which for me was perfect because the last chair I used didn't sit high enough for me to keep my arms level with my desk. This resulted in pretty bad wrist cramps during long gaming sessions which fortunately this chair helped fix.

Finally, it also has your typical tilt tension screw at the bottom of the chair which I honestly never change but I'm sure others do and appreciate the granular adjustments.

One Size Does Not Fit All
      The E-Win Champion Series chair measures 21.3 in/54 cm wide at the base while the back rest is 20.5 in/52 cm. The hand rests are adjustable from 11.8 in to 14 in/30~36 cm and are 3.9 in/10 cm wide. The total length from the base to the top of the back rest measures 37.8 in/96 cm.

The reason I mentioned all these measurements is because I have often heard gamers complain about their new gaming chair on Reddit and elsewhere and usually the fault isn't in the chair itself but rather the person didn't take into account the size of the chair relative to their own body. Fortunately, E-Win offers a variety of  gaming chairs to choose from that suit virtually any body type. In my case in particular, I am 6'2" and weigh approximately 215 lbs so when my contact at E-Win asked me for my height and weight, she specifically chose this chair that would suit my build and as a result, it fits like a glove.

So How Is It?
      Well in a nutshell: It's fantastic and my primary gaming chair now, 'nuff said. It did take me a few days to break in as initially the seat felt a bit tight around the edges but after a few days of use, it broke in and now I've got it set just how I want for my long Apex Legends gaming sessions. One of the things I always complained about my previous mesh chair to my buddies on discord was that I couldn't quite adjust it high enough to keep my arms level with my desk. As a result, I would get really bad wrist cramps after an hour or two of gaming and my back would start aching. The Champion Series chair fortunately is a large chair and consequently can be adjusted high enough to even be above the level of my desk so I was able to adjust it to perfectly match my desks height and keep my arms level. I cannot stress how important this is for long term gaming as it can prevent repetitive strain injury and this chair fortunately helps with that.

Overall I'm very pleased with this chair and I think you will be too, take it from one gamer to another. Just remember to pick the chair that fits your body size so you don't run into any problems. If you'd like to purchase this chair, please visit E-Win's website and use code "TechInferno" when checking out. As of the publishing of this article, E-Win has a 30% off black friday sale so get it while you can!
    • By Lyency
      bonjour, je souhaiterai unlock mon bios A15 de mon alienware m17x r4 . pouvez vous m'aider?
      je possède l'unlock A14 est il compatible avec le bios A15?
    • By learnfromit
      alienware 15 r2 970m with i7-6700hq vbios request so i can overclock and mess with voltage.

BIOS version backup made with techpowerup GPU-z.

GM204.rom

or can someone re direct me to one already made that will work? all links i find are dead, thanks.

• By Terriikk
      Hey guys, I have an Alienware m14x R2, and I have been trying to get access to the BIOS so that I can change the boot options (Everything is locked, I am unsure if someone set a password of if these are locked by default).I've tried updating the BIOS, and resetting the CMOS and nothing has changed this. Would anyone know if there are other options I can explore? Thank you. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.