Brian

OFFICIAL: Alienware M14x / AW 14 Owners Lounge

Well we know it's coming so let's keep this thread reserved for the future owners lounge. :20_003:

Wow a whole 2%, that's enough to put money away for my future unborn child's college fund.

The way their pricing is going, if you opt for M18x with GTX 580M SLI, 2% of that might just do the trick for that. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL

Does anyone actually have one of these yet? I'm interested in an end user review or two.

Like others I have the battery shutdown issue... I know dell is trying to look into the issue. Basically it means if you try to run a game on the nvidia video card full power it shuts down. So we are stuck with the intel hd 3000 for gaming right now.

BW,

StevenX

So Nvidia while plugged in and Intel while unplugged?

I thought that was how optimus was supposed to work :confused:

Other machines such as the m11x allow dedicated GPU gaming (nvidia) while on battery. I could take my old m11x r1 and play cod mw2 at the local barnes and noble for about 2 hours before calling it quits. Nothing like making the masses stair at something cool like the m11x rather than the girl with blue hair reading Twilight in the corner.

Man I tell you what.. if I was a single guy I completely believe the m11 or m14 would easily help you break the ice with someone.

Other machines such as the m11x allow dedicated GPU gaming (nvidia) while on battery. I could take my old m11x r1 and play cod mw2 at the local barnes and noble for about 2 hours before calling it quits. Nothing like making the masses stair at something cool like the m11x rather than the girl with blue hair reading Twilight in the corner.

Man I tell you what.. if I was a single guy I completely believe the m11 or m14 would easily help you break the ice with someone.

Lol, they really are some sexy systems.

Haha true... I brought M17xR2 couple of times into my office and left the door open when I was working. Every time someone would pass by, they'd stop and they "Holy crap this thing is huge!". A big mean gaming machine. :) When I leave the office I turn off the lights so anyone who passes by can see the lights glowing in the dark. :D (We have a window on our door here.)

Gah.... I want M13x with anodized aluminum and a good screen.

I got my new AW in red on purpose so it attracts even more attention to it's awesome design + lights :D I'll be taking it with me to the hospital when I start clinical rotations, can't wait to see what the other doctors + nurses think.

• Thumbs Up 1

It comes with the territory.

I got my new AW in red on purpose so it attracts even more attention to it's awesome design + lights :D I'll be taking it with me to the hospital when I start clinical rotations, can't wait to see what the other doctors + nurses think.

Something tells me that they won't be impressed..., the same with me, most friends of mine that have seen my laptop seemed completely indifferent, they were more impressed by my netbook... :S

Finally, I can be part of the owner's lounge!

and

havent tried the battery issue yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Arklight Congratz!

I hope i'll soon be able to say the same in 17x-R3's owners thread :)

I would rather be a part of the nurses lounge rather than the alienware owners lounge...

"What nurse betty? Awwww.. He did what to you? What a jerk! Come talk to me about it for a while.. yeah... what's this you ask? it's my alienware m14x, but lets not worry about that... Let's talk about what hurts right now Nurse Betty... "

(super evil grin)

Ow Ow Ow stop punching me Wife.. Ow Ow Ow.... I don't know nurse betty I swear...

X

I would rather be a part of the nurses lounge rather than the alienware owners lounge...

"What nurse betty? Awwww.. He did what to you? What a jerk! Come talk to me about it for a while.. yeah... what's this you ask? it's my alienware m14x, but lets not worry about that... Let's talk about what hurts right now Nurse Betty... "

(super evil grin)

Ow Ow Ow stop punching me Wife.. Ow Ow Ow.... I don't know nurse betty I swear...

X

lol man! thanks for that!

CONGRATS TO REVDIESEL! He got his machine and already benched a 1344 stock on 3dmark11 with the nvidia 555 3.0gb and the 2720qm. Outstanding sir!

(super evil grin)

X

I think I'll have the most popular clinic in town once I hire her:

post-5-14494987861977_thumb.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'll have the most popular clinic in town once I hire her:

well hello nurse, look like i know what to get the wife for mothers day, heheh:Banane34:

Edited by iloveb00bs