NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

If anyone else has an ASUS G75VX with an nVidia GTX 670MX, head over to my topic on just about everything you need to know about overclocking it:

You'll need to do a Google Search for these 3 words exactly: "ASUS G75VX Unlock" to find my topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

so i have your vbios installed on my gtx770m (11E0) in my M15x (A202) i installed older drivers 337.88 and the card works great. i can use all the settings and OC my card fine.

i tried the latest drivers (347.51) with the OC bios and it locked my card to 400/400 and wouldnt let me adjust the sliders. any thoughts?

going to be dumping back to 344.75 for now, since this is the last OC'able driver that i know of.

Hi. I was trying to overclock my MSI GTX 870m 3 gb. It is one of MSI's barebone actually. I raised core clock's boost 967 to 1005, it seems stable. I know by doing so it will effect maybe 1 or 2 fps gain. What about memory clock overclocking? I think this is the one which might give considerable boost. What is the most stable one as all in default state (voltage, power limit, base core clock etc.)? Thanks :)

(btw, I cannot download svl7's vBios mod for Gtx 870m because of 5 post requirement :( )

I raised memory clock from 1250 to 1350 MHz (actually from 2500 to 2700) but PerfCap Reason from GPU-Z indicates that my GPU's performance is capped because of tdp power limit. I believe it hits to 100 watt. How can I raise power limit of the GPU? It seems it is locked to %100 on MSI Afterburner and Evga Precision so I cannot change and raise it further.

What kind of clocks are people getting with the 675MX? I'll be raising the core clock but keeping the memory clock more or less stock since the improvements in performance seem minimal.

EDIT: Absolutely brilliant results, thanks. Currently using a +420MHz OC for a total of 1074 Core Clock and running the Total War: Attila Benchmark on Quality at 34 fps whereas previous I ran it at Performance with the same fps. Temps are at a max of 75C, that's with MX-4 paste. Can't believe I had all this untapped power for the last 2 years...

I'll see how stable the OC is over a few gaming sessions and think about upping it some more.

What kind of clocks are people getting with the 675MX? I'll be raising the core clock but keeping the memory clock more or less stock since the improvements in performance seem minimal.

EDIT: Absolutely brilliant results, thanks. Currently using a +420MHz OC for a total of 1074 Core Clock and running the Total War: Attila Benchmark on Quality at 34 fps whereas previous I ran it at Performance with the same fps. Temps are at a max of 75C, that's with MX-4 paste. Can't believe I had all this untapped power for the last 2 years...

I'll see how stable the OC is over a few gaming sessions and think about upping it some more.

Yes, those 675MX and 670MX have a load of untapped power! I have the 670MX and it's the same chip as your 675MX, except you have a 256bit memory bus in comparison to my 192bit bus. I use 1124Mhz on the core at 1.05V, and run 1150 Mhz on the VRAM to give me 110GB/s memory bandwidth. There are some games that would benefit from a greater bandwidth than my 110GB/s, but I can't push that figure any higher - if I was you I'd make sure your memory bandwidth (seen in GPUz) is at least 110GB/s, so overclock VRAM to make sure you're at least at that figure.

(So much untapped performance on the 670MX and 675MX because the stock clocks are so low at only 600Mhz!)

There are some games that would benefit from a greater bandwidth than my 110GB/s, but I can't push that figure any higher - if I was you I'd make sure your memory bandwidth (seen in GPUz) is at least 110GB/s, so overclock VRAM to make sure you're at least at that figure.

I think I'll postpone updating my laptop another year thanks to this, that'd make the laptop 3 years old, not bad for what was mid range at the time. GPU-Z reports my Memory bandwidth at 115GB/s on a stock 900MHz clock (as reported by GPU-Z), I presume that's because of the wider memory bus. I'm reluctant to OC the memory because I have no way of monitoring it's temperature like I can core clock.

EDIT: Is your voltage OC'd? Mine is reporting as 1.025V in GPU-Z. Also what kind of temperatures do you see?

well i have an alienware 17 and i just flashed the 880m oc edition but still i cant control the voltage nor i can increase the memory clock and the flash was successful.. i can only increase the clock why is that ?

Hey so what program did you use trying to overclock? I recomment using nvidia inspector.

Best regards

Hey so what program did you use trying to overclock? I recomment using nvidia inspector.

Best regards

i used both nvidia inspector and msi afterburner they both have the same problem... btw i didnt back up my vbios will that be a problem for me in the future ? coz i might want to switch back to my stock bios since this one isnt functioning well

I think I'll postpone updating my laptop another year thanks to this, that'd make the laptop 3 years old, not bad for what was mid range at the time. GPU-Z reports my Memory bandwidth at 115GB/s on a stock 900MHz clock (as reported by GPU-Z), I presume that's because of the wider memory bus. I'm reluctant to OC the memory because I have no way of monitoring it's temperature like I can core clock.

EDIT: Is your voltage OC'd? Mine is reporting as 1.025V in GPU-Z. Also what kind of temperatures do you see?

I don't have the memory voltage reported in GPUz, it just reports the core voltage for me. I can't get any higher than the 110GB/s and 1150Mhz VRAM frequency. I should think it's safe for you to increase the VRAM frequencies if your card is padded up properly, say if you increased it to 1050Mhz on the VRAM you'd end up with 134GB/s - if I had your GPU I'd up the VRAM frequency - some games will give you a performance boost from a greater memory bandwidth, I'm sometimes limited by the 110GB/s.

69 degC max core temperature in the Summer. Normal temperatures 66 degC max.

well i have an alienware 17 and i just flashed the 880m oc edition but still i cant control the voltage nor i can increase the memory clock and the flash was successful.. i can only increase the clock why is that ?

How do you find the new bios ? had any problems running on battery crashes or anything ... I want to try it but I am afraid because someone reported driver crashes on battery because the card can't downclock

How do you find the new bios ? had any problems running on battery crashes or anything ... I want to try it but I am afraid because someone reported driver crashes on battery because the card can't downclock

well lets just face it , on a laptop you cant play without the charger right ? u'll have fps drops and the nvidia crashes because of somewhat reason on the battery only and lets face it u wont use any of them on battery.. but when the charger is plugged in there is absolutely no issues at all so basically there arent any issues besides the nvidia control panel doesnt work on the battery and thats it..

- - - Updated - - -

and btw you cant change the gpu clock with the alienware bios even with the modified vbios i think first you have to flash vbios a clevo 880m vbios and then flash the modified one , because when i flashed the modified one i couldnt change the voltage nor memory but when i reflashed to stock clevo i could change the voltage and memory without the modified one so next time when i want to flash the modified one it will unlock the core limit and then i can fully unlock its power

well lets just face it , on a laptop you cant play without the charger right ? u'll have fps drops and the nvidia crashes because of somewhat reason on the battery only and lets face it u wont use any of them on battery.. but when the charger is plugged in there is absolutely no issues at all so basically there arent any issues besides the nvidia control panel doesnt work on the battery and thats it..

- - - Updated - - -

and btw you cant change the gpu clock with the alienware bios even with the modified vbios i think first you have to flash vbios a clevo 880m vbios and then flash the modified one , because when i flashed the modified one i couldnt change the voltage nor memory but when i reflashed to stock clevo i could change the voltage and memory without the modified one so next time when i want to flash the modified one it will unlock the core limit and then i can fully unlock its power

Actually the problem on my current bios is that I can change the memory but the core is grayed out ... Are there any gain of just flashing the clevo bios ? better temps ... steady clocks ... anything ?

Also, will I have to mod drivers each time I try to install them ?

If I flashed the 780m unlocked vbios, and then decided to flash the unlock bios for my mainboard (clevo p157sm)... I shouldn't have any issues should I?

I read of a few cases where a guy bricked his machine somehow.. Maybe they flashed the wrong bios? I just want to make sure if I do everything to a T my system wont become

an expensive paperweight.. and on paper it shouldn't.. right?:abnormal:

I was going to download this modded bios but with the five post hassle it seems this board is ran by sociopaths Iraq Vets, the 5 post rule seems reasonable but the auto moderation is absurd and "Big Brother". Won't know what the bios runs like for the fact this site has some real lulus running it....Guess I'll be writting my own k4000m bios OC.

This is crazy, having to pay 5$ for a hacked bios....If it works I won't complain...

Ok, I gladly eat crow. Best 5$ I spent! What tools did you use to mod the dell k4000m. This card runs better then a 880m GTX!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian featured this topic