Jump to content
BAKED

BAKED unlocked and stock BIOS for CLEVO TM, KM, DM and P6/P4 series

Recommended Posts

Thx Klem, but I tried to flash and it gave me an error: 18 secure flash check fail, after reading the flash.

Did I do something wrong? Setting in bios maybe (uefi off / secure boot off / CSM on)

Flashed the usb drive with Rufus on MBR (Bios and Uefi support)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, runix18 said:

Setting in bios maybe (uefi off / secure boot off / CSM on)

 

Yes of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have gtx 1070 you will have black screen when uefi will be off.

 

@Baked

Please update bios for clevo 870dm-g with OC tab and small cleanup :).

 

Edited by majster msi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Klem said:

Yes of course.

Already did that, like I always do when I update bios, the error is still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, majster msi said:

If you have gtx 1070 you will have black screen when uefi will be off.

We told about UEFI Boot.

Just read on the first page of this thread @Baked instructions:

"FIRST MAKE A BOOTABLE USB-DRIVE WITH DOS WHICH CAN BE DONE WITH RUFUS, COPY THE FILES FROM THE FOLDER BIOS TO YOUR USB-DRIVE AND RESTART AND ENTER BIOS BY PRESSING F2 AT THE BOOT LOGO, GO TO BOOT - UEFI SETTINGS AND DISABLE UEFI BOOT. SAVE AND RESTART BY PRESSING F4 AND BOOT TO YOUR USB-DRIVE, WHILE IN DOS FIRST TYPE BACKUPDOS.EXE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT BIOS THEN TYPE BAKE.BAT AND WAIT UNTIL THE WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE, RE-ENTER BIOS AND TURN ON UEFI BOOT AGAIN. DONE! "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you will get black screen on internal lcd or even on hdmi output (when as gpu is msi 1070). The same situation is on msi gt72vr with gtx 1070 it only gives image on UEFI mode . Belive me :). You can flash bios in uefi mode it is no need to get in legacy mode... 

43 minutes ago, runix18 said:

Already did that, like I always do when I update bios, the error is still there.

It is only edited bios using amipcb there is more to do to override flash protect ...

Edited by majster msi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BAKED How is the P650RS-G EDP Other(Current limit throttling according to Intel XTU) stoppage bios mod/unlock coming along?

 

Any progress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, jamesrh305n said:

what I did I flashed the unlocked bios then the custom vbios for gtx 970m sli it has led to blackscreen (870dm-g) the custom vbios I flashed was, see attachment, can you help me to fix the blackscreen. thanks

Nvidia 970m - 'OC edition' rev0.rom

hi baked, can you help me with my blackscreen problem on my p870dmg laptop. Thanks in advance for any reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi BAKED!

 

I've had a stock Clevo P775DM1-G with a 6700k and a GTX 980M from PCSpecialist for about a year. I decided to experiment with some overclocking but to my dismay I'm getting power throttled. PCSpecialist could not provide any unlocked BIOS when asked so my hope stands to you. :)

 

Do you have an unlocked P775DM1-G BIOS available? I believe it's different from the P775DM3-G, but not entirely sure what the difference is.

 

Best regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-01 at 1:50 PM, runix18 said:

Baked, when do you think we will have a 2.0 version for the p870dm bios? I realy need those cpu overclock menus. PLS

Soon ;)

On 2017-08-04 at 10:56 PM, LeadLaptop said:

Hi BAKED!

 

I've had a stock Clevo P775DM1-G with a 6700k and a GTX 980M from PCSpecialist for about a year. I decided to experiment with some overclocking but to my dismay I'm getting power throttled. PCSpecialist could not provide any unlocked BIOS when asked so my hope stands to you. :)

 

Do you have an unlocked P775DM1-G BIOS available? I believe it's different from the P775DM3-G, but not entirely sure what the difference is.

 

Best regards

 

It's almost done and will be released soon :)

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-04 at 2:43 AM, jamesrh305n said:

hi baked, can you help me with my blackscreen problem on my p870dmg laptop. Thanks in advance for any reply.

As I've stated earlier I don't support any vBIOS related stuff at the moment sorry. 

On 2017-08-03 at 1:07 PM, timbabs1 said:

@BAKED How is the P650RS-G EDP Other(Current limit throttling according to Intel XTU) stoppage bios mod/unlock coming along?

 

Any progress?

I haven't started with the new versions for P6 series yet sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BAKED said:

As I've stated earlier I don't support any vBIOS related stuff at the moment sorry. 

I haven't started with the new versions for P6 series yet sorry.

Any idea when you will?

 

Am considering returning the Clevo and just getting something else with similar specs. Its a good laptop but that CPU throttling is a real downer to me especially when its an unlocked CPU not HQ.

 

But if I am to process the return I need to do so ASAP, Would you mind telling me what time frame you reckon you will work on the bios and see if it can be fixed if not just let me know and I will just process the return. Thanks for your help and quick reply.

Edited by timbabs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, timbabs1 said:

Any idea when you will?

 

Am considering returning the Clevo and just getting something else with similar specs. Its a good laptop but that CPU throttling is a real downer to me especially when its an unlocked CPU not HQ.

 

But if I am to process the return I need to do so ASAP, Would you mind telling me what time frame you reckon you will work on the bios and see if it can be fixed if not just let me know and I will just process the return. Thanks for your help and quick reply.

It will be a while, I'm currently finishing up the P7,P8 and will start with P6,P4 after that which will probably be some weeks from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BAKED said:

It will be a while, I'm currently finishing up the P7,P8 and will start with P6,P4 after that which will probably be some weeks from now.

Right okay that kinda puts me in a rough spot

 

Am guessing the main question is that Do you reckon the problem is fixable? or is it something that is just looking like a dead-end considering the main-board of the machine, as I have tried everything I know(upping processor core ICCmax and what not)

 

My timeline for the ability to return the laptop is kinda running out(think I got a 2 weeks or less need to confirm) that's why I wanna know lol. I don't mind waiting if you think its fixable . Thanks.

 

Also according to John@obsidian on notebookreview, the EDP throttling is a stock feature and cannot be removed(though not sure if this is true because I have seen it get removed in another laptop model by a custom EC:

 

Edited by timbabs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, timbabs1 said:

Right okay that kinda puts me in a rough spot

 

Am guessing the main question is that Do you reckon the problem is fixable? or is it something that is just looking like a dead-end considering the main-board of the machine, as I have tried everything I know(upping processor core ICCmax and what not)

 

My timeline for the ability to return the laptop is kinda running out(think I got a 2 weeks or less need to confirm) that's why I wanna know lol. I don't mind waiting if you think its fixable . Thanks.

 

Also according to John@obsidian on notebookreview, the EDP throttling is a stock feature and cannot be removed(though not sure if this is true because I have seen it get removed in another laptop model by a custom EC:

 

Hey, I haven't even looked at that problem yet so I don't know if it's fixable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BAKED said:

Hey, I haven't even looked at that problem yet so I don't know if it's fixable. 

Do you mind doing me a BIG favour and just having a quick scheme over it to see if its possible please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, timbabs1 said:

Do you mind doing me a BIG favour and just having a quick scheme over it to see if its possible please?

Well there's alot of power limit override options and I'm not sure if any of those works, I can make a test BIOS for you to try :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BAKED said:

Well there's alot of power limit override options and I'm not sure if any of those works, I can make a test BIOS for you to try :)

Alright thanks will give it a go now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Baked, I have a P670RP6 (Bios MB Series says P65_67RSRP). I am looking for a way to enable VT-X, but there isn't an option for it in the stock bios. Would your bios allow me to enable it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the unlocked BIOS!

Also, is there a chance that you might consider including KBL into DM BIOS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-07 at 0:33 PM, BAKED said:

Soon ;)

It's almost done and will be released soon :)

Sounds great! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be little bit stupid question, but I went through the whole post and haven't found an answer. Is this new 2.0v. will work with P775DM3 with i7-6700 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a p17sm-a bios and wondered if your current ones bios's worked with it or if you were planning on making one, im trying to get a gtx 1070 epgu working but cant change from my gtx870m thats currently in it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been trying for ages to find a BIOS that is unlocked, has more options,fan control, and maybe even a way to implement custom boot logo for CLEVE 771 DM (non g-sync, Nvidia 980 GTX M, 8G , Skylake) Also the onboard IGPU of the CPU has been completely disabled which basically strips away any fallback option in case Nvidias GPU fails...and wasnt documented anywhere on the product description, Full price for a castrated Intel Skylake ...yeah right ..*rolleyes*.

 

But nobody seems to be able or wanting to touch that one out of all recent clevos....and CLEVO itself...WORST support ever. 

 

Also having massive issues with Fan Control / Control Center being all  wonky and not really applying custom fan  profiles no matter what thresholds you define, deliberatly turning off fans even when set  to MAXIMUM , basically doing what it wants with no real user control. 

 

Windows 10 latest build, updates.

 

Any  help on this BIOS + VBIOS maybe?

cpu.Z report.zip

Edited by sabrehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Diky
      help me to unlock amd-v acer aspire one 725
      it's my vars file
      please..
      vars.rar
    • By Awesome14
      I found this: https://photonicsguy.ca/projects/t530
       
      It's a nice how to on altering the whitelist on the W530/T530 laptop.
    • By 9vul14
      Hey allI, I need help  with modding my BIOS. I was wondering if anyone could help me mod my BIOS to unlock the 'Advanced' tab which I don't have on my InsydeH20 F.52 Rev 5.0 Bios? Thanks so much and I look forward to your response! Laptop: HP Pavilion x360  ba109tx
       
      Specs: 
      i7-8550U
      Nvidia Geforce 940MX
      Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
      12GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM RAM
      128GB SSD, 1TB HDD
       
      Laptop Product Page: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05650773
      Vanilla BIOS: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-ba100-x360-convertible-pc/16851098/model/18161600
    • By Kunal Shrivastava
      Hi guys, I am the proud owner of a Clevo p775dm3-g notebook purchased from azom.systems (authorized Clevo reseller in India, Model rebranded as Azom Legion-17.3 inches). Here are my specs:

      Core i7 7700 (non-K version): undervolted by 110 mv and turbo boost disabled in BIOS- machine uses prema mod BIOS.
      GTX 1080: undervolted by 100 mv on all frequency steps using MSI afterburner voltage/frequency curve editor. clocks are untouched.
      16 GB DDR4: Cant remember clocks.
      1440p 120 Hz screen: No tinkering done to refresh rate.

      CPU has been delidded and repaste has been done on both CPU/GPU dies with gallium based TIM-Coolaboratory liquid ultra if I recall correctly.

      My issue is GPU hitting max temp limit of 90 degrees while playing DOOM and framerate drops from 110 avg to mid 60s-70s with horrible stuttering- this is thermal throttling for sure.

      System was running beautifully after repaste at 86 degrees max/ 77 degrees average at 100 percent fan speed. A month later I decided to see how much further I could push the system and ended up undervolting the CPU/GPU and RAM even further. The RAM undervolting part didnt work as well as I'd hoped, and I ended up resetting the BIOS to undo everything and reapply the previous setting (-110 for CPU with turbo boost disabled.) 

      I noticed that immediately after BIOS reset, both my CPU and GPU temps were 5-10 degrees higher even with the undervolt/underclock applied. Also, I think the fans were a bit louder before I reset the BIOS which leads me to believe that for some reason the fans are now capped at 80% max fan speed. There doesnt seem to be a fan speed selector in the BIOS or anywhere else so I cant say for sure whether this is a fan related issue or something else.Before the reset I could override the BIOS setting and set the fans to 100% by pressing fn+1, could I have done something to that setting after resetting the BIOS ? I dont think I have damaged the CPU or GPU as temps are holding fairly steady at 90-91 degrees and laptop doesn't shut down while gaming.

      If I have overlooked something or if anyone reading this has any solution help would be greatly appreciated.
      All settings/drivers/windows version/app version are exactly the same before and after BIOS reset.
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.