PASCAL-MXM & P-SERIES REFRESH

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2017-4-8 at 10:05 AM, michalsk11 said:

I put gtx 1060 6gb msi to my clevo p157sm with drivers mod and is working very well

Hmm i've looked around and found this card and i'm willing to buy it. That's why i've asked!! don't mind doing some shenanigans in the notebook (bios, colling mod, cut the case and such) to make it work.

Anyone here think that this is possible?! it's a MXM 3.0b sooooo it is compatible but i donno about the rest!!

36 minutes ago, andrewff2 said:

Hmm i've looked around and found this card and i'm willing to buy it. That's why i've asked!! don't mind doing some shenanigans in the notebook (bios, colling mod, cut the case and such) to make it work.

Anyone here think that this is possible?! it's a MXM 3.0b sooooo it is compatible but i donno about the rest!!

This GPU has certain things that are not proper 3.0b MXM spec. Look at the chokes (grey squares), vrms in b/w and the positions of them w.r.to your machine's heatsink. Here, check this for AW17 HS comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

This GPU has certain things that are not proper 3.0b MXM spec. Look at the chokes (grey squares), vrms in b/w and the positions of them w.r.to your machine's heatsink. Here, check this for AW17 HS comparison.

Yeah i saw that ypu can make some changes and stuff and i don't mind using an eletric oven to bake the heatsink or using the dremel to make space for it :D

There's no problem at all to make this work... just mod and custom drivers then gg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian unpinned this topic

Hello,

I have a Clevo P150EM with Prema bios mod V2.0

I'm trying to update my Radeon 7970M to Geforce 1060 MXM 3.0b. 

So, when I've installed MS-1WOU1 ver 1.0 to my notebook, I found that I don't have an opportunity to start my notebook.

When I'm trying to power on, power led just blink once for few ms and power off immediately.

What's wrong?

How can I fix it?

Best regards!

Edited by Phoenix_1024

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anyone have any leads on buying a new 1080 card for a laptop?  Google image search found this site my gpu was artifacting then it died the company I bought it from wants to charge me a $90 install fee + shipping (~$110) + card cost.  I don't trust them (Prostar) since this card failed in under 2 years even with fans running on high... I want to be sure it isn't a used / already messed up card I put back in this laptop if at all possible.  I did look on ebay and found one for ~1500 bucks seems a bit pricey to me and the 1060 / 1070 seem to have different heat sink mounting points.  This is my travel / dev environment computer and I would hate to need to migrate everything to a new laptop.  Any advice would be appreciated.