Hit 1885 3dmark11 on 275.27

If you use HWInfo32 for fan control you can and throttle stop for cpu control, you can prepare before the bench by lowering temps. Before bench I used throttlestop to start throttling the cpu and locking it at the lowest multiplier allowed. Throttle stop has great auto profile switching and you can switch manually easily too. Paired with max fan speed using HWINFO32 (even has autostart auto temp controlled 6 profile switching) on 2gpu and the cpu I got the 920XM @ (148.3 x 24 = 3559.2) stock volt that I could get to on idle 25-26 celcius (stock paste) setup like mentioned. I often closed all processes I wasn't using (I usually start pc with least amount of apps starting up) and I know other members here (I haven't had the cahnce yet) use an air conditioning to help cool the system. Maybe some cooling mods can be utilized.

Edited by mw86

MW86.. man.. if you only knew how close i was to keeping the m15x and throwing in a 920xm. The 2630qm is nice but nowhere near the 920 at full potential with throttlestop.

Thanks for the advice. Most of the time I focus mostly on real in game performance as that is my preference but I wanted to see what the m14x package could do.

I got the m14x assuming I was going to take a hit in game performance compared to my old m15x but gain some battery life and portability.

Example my max 3dmark11 score

m15x = 2773 (if my memory serves correct)

m14x = 1885

FPS average

at native rez

900p (m15x) vs 720p (m14x) almost equal in most games (some games perform better with ATI other such as just cause 2 score better with nvidia.

• Thumbs Up 1

[MENTION=340]Alex Six[/MENTION] welcome to Tech | Inferno. Great scores on those benches. You can see you've put quite an effort into your overclock. Great job.

• 2 months later...

Outstanding score Ninja. Driver 275.27? Was that the beta driver before 275.33? If so I really liked that driver. I doubt I can beat that but I may try. You processor is much more powerful than mine for certain. Questions... 1. Is your cpu set to core parking enabled or disabled? Is memory kingston x set to profile 2 in bios? Did you oc your cpu in bios at all? Again congrats! Thats certainly an outstanding score!

Oh lol, Thats not my score. I was going through the "results" category to see what people were getting on the m14x. My max score is almost 100 lower than yours because my cpu scores so much lower. I just thought you would be interested in setting records. Everything you asked except driver is listed on that page.

@stevenx, i just looked at that max score of P1889 and i noticed something very important..

That bencher has the i7 2720! This interested me, so i looked down to see the actual graphics score, and sure enough. it was only 1660!! you're score of p1885 had a graphics score of 1667!!!