Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Guys I am having big trouble here.

Ok so I unlocked whitelist from bios and installed intel n6205 which has dual band support. I believe (I cannot remember clearly but) I tried 2.4ghz and 5ghz connection with my router and worked perfectly. However, I just reinstalled my windows 7 64bit yesterday and I cannot connect to 2.4ghz!!!! I can only connect to 5ghz!!! I mean seems like the wifi card finds 2.4ghz signal well beacuse I see it on my wifi list but when I type in the password and click connect, it says it cannot connect to wifi!!!!

All other desktop, laptops and smart phones work ok worh same router. And even I changed it back to original which was intel n2230 and it worked too?!

Please help me out here!! I have to use this laptop at school and froends house too!! I cant just use 5ghz!!!

Please!!!

Did you plug in the antenna cables properly?

win8.1 SLI issue

you can flash the 2nd VGA card(GT750m)

at win8 run NVFlash.bat with Administrator Account

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9419[/ATTACH]

Yes, I know that. However, I have a different wireless card so I need to make sure svl7's mod works with the BIOS.

Is 2.07 the newest one that came out to fix SLI in Windows 8.1? If not, does anyone know what version that is?

I don't know anything about an official bios update, all I got is a dump of that version.

How does that work? Is the vbios for the first GPU fused with the BIOS?

Yes.

One problem with the software realized, if you are running under windows 8.1 you cannot drop just run as a windows 7 and it works like a charm :) now with my ac7260 :) :) :)

Hmm, works perfectly fine for me on Win 8.1... might be an issue with your .NET config. The app will require 4.5 I think.

Yes.

Hmm, works perfectly fine for me on Win 8.1... might be an issue with your .NET config. The app will require 4.5 I think.

Well i do have 3.5 4.5 as far as i can, but nevermind it was an easy work around :) i am already running the modded bios so i am happy :) (i am on the 2.04) and can tell no errors along the way.

Thanks for the 2.04 bios whitelist.

I am currently running this bios; 2.04.

Do any of you people know what's changed from 2.04 to 2.07 in the official bios ?

Can i just download the 2.07 whitelist bios and flash it ?

Best regards

Allright, I've been motivated by techinferno to switch from "lurking" to posting :-). I've been keeping an eye on this thread for awhile and just got my y410p a few days ago (has bios v. 2.07). swl7, thank you so much for helping everyone out! As soon as I get my post contribution in I'll be flashing as well and tossing you a beer (or whatever that equates to...that's an excellent idea by the way).

Honestly, and I recognize I'll be kicking myself if I brick this thing, but this thread and your efforts are why Lenovo is not getting a return from me. Thank you!

For those who don't like the restrictions put on their system by Lenovo, here's a BIOS mod that will get you back at least some of the freedom you should have over your own hardware.

Features:

- Wlan whitelist removed, any (hardware-wise compatible) card should now work

- hidden BIOS menus unlocked

- VBIOS tweaked for more performance and better tuning possibilities

Keep in mind that not necessarily all of the BIOS options available with this mod will function completely, so use the new functionality with care. If you're unsure about something don't change it and ask here, someone might be able to help.

This is currently only for v1.07 / v1.09 / v1.10 users. If you have a different BIOS I will need a copy of it in order to make it work for your system.

EDIT: v2.04 and v2.07 added (only whitelist removal as for now, more to follow).

Instructions:

• Create a backup of your own BIOS by using this tool.
    The archive contains the files of the program and a .bat file that will create a backup of your BIOS. You need to call the .bat file from an admin command prompt.
    Don't delete your backup file, you will need it in case you want to go back to the stock BIOS some times. Also don't share it since it contains your personal Windows key including activation.
  • Download the attached BiosFixer, simply drag and drop your BIOS backup on it and it will create your personal mod for you.
  • Flash the modified file with the tool from the first step, use the command below:
    fptw64 -f v1xxMod.bin -bios

• Wait for the flash process to finish, if you don't get an error reboot. (You can safely ignore warnings about non-existing regions).

If you get and 'Error 104' when trying to flash, grab this archive and extract the file to the folder with the flash tool. Overwrite the original one.

In case you still get the error after doing this, run fptw64 -i > info.txt and attach the .txt file to a post here, then I should be able to help you.

Can someone please post some pictures of the bios menus? Thanks.

A screenshot of Nvidia Inspector showing the OC part would be nice as well, just for visual confirmation. I don't have a system to test it myself.

My donation link in case you want to buy me a beer ;)

I got a " Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help. " when trying to use the ftpw64. it just asks "press any key to continue," and after that it returns an error 200. seems only me get this here

The file for v2.xx bios versions is called v2xxMod.bin, so make sure to adjust that.

post-18848-14494996342578_thumb.jpgI have everything in a same folder.

- - - Updated - - -

The file for v2.xx bios versions is called v2xxMod.bin, so make sure to adjust that.

post-18848-14494996342899_thumb.png

I run it in cmd. otherwise, it will flash out, and not able to capture a pic.

did I do anything wrong?

post-18848-1449499634269_thumb.png

It's a command line application. In the folder where you have those files stored click on 'File' then move your mouse to 'Open command prompt' and then click on 'Open command prompt as administrator'. Then type the command specified above.

It's a command line application. In the folder where you have those files stored click on 'File' then move your mouse to 'Open command prompt' and then click on 'Open command prompt as administrator'. Then type the command specified above.

How stupid I was! Thank you very much for your work, very valueable help and patient. Now I am using the new 7260 and I am looking forward to see your v2.04 2.07 bios unlock mod.

Thank you vey much

I've almost got enough posts to start in on the mod for my y410p. I checked my bios version, and I'm running 1.07 at the moment. I'm wondering if updating to 1.10 before the mod is applied would really be worth it. Coming from a Desktop background, I'm accustomed to updating to the most recent BIOS, but I want to shy away from 2.x for now since there's no unlock mod available yet.

Would there be any advantage to upgrading to 1.10 before modding, or should I not bother with it?