Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

There was something about fan in unlocked bios but i havent examined it yet.

So, now running unlocked 1.09 bios and sli-gpus unlocked too. Got my temps down quite easy:

1. From Intel Xtreme Tuning utility, undervoltage CPU -100mv, and frequencys set 4 cores 2,9ghz, 3 cores 3,0, 2 3,1ghz and 1 3,0ghz

2. For both the gpus, nvidiainspector is the answer. :) lower the max. temp from 96'c to 80'c. And with overclock you can compensate that temp (and clock) lowering thing. So i got gpu boost 150mhz and memory 200mhz. Gpu stays below 80'c because of undervoltage.

Sorry my bad english....

dj_pirtu, did you downgraded from 3.05 bios to 1.09 unlocked stright, or 3.05->2.07[stock]->1.09[stock]->1.09[unlocked] ? Can you run windows 8.1 with SLI with that bios? Btw, where did you find sli-gpus unclocked BIOS btw ?

And what undervoltage value did you use for your GPUs ?

dj_pirtu, did you downgraded from 3.05 bios to 1.09 unlocked stright, or 3.05->2.07[stock]->1.09[stock]->1.09[unlocked] ? Can you run windows 8.1 with SLI with that bios? Btw, where did you find sli-gpus unclocked BIOS btw ?

And what undervoltage value did you use for your GPUs ?

This was bought last august so bios was 1.09 stock. All I did was read bios, mod, flash it back. And for the sli-gpu I flashed already modded bios from this thread.

Those graphics cards can not be undervolted directly, but, the trick is to use that temperature control in nvidiainspector AND overclock same time. Then the card will use lower voltage to stay under temperature limit and overclocking will compensate the lower clocks that this temperature limit will make.

This was bought last august so bios was 1.09 stock. All I did was read bios, mod, flash it back. And for the sli-gpu I flashed already modded bios from this thread.

As I understand, you have used modded bios from slv which included internal gpu bios. What about bios which is in gpu/ultrabay itself? I of course cannot change temperature control because it seems I could not find 2nd GPU modded bios for 755m card. Could you point to the exact thread where you found it?

As I understand, you have used modded bios from slv which included internal gpu bios. What about bios which is in gpu/ultrabay itself? I of course cannot change temperature control because it seems I could not find 2nd GPU modded bios for 755m card. Could you point to the exact thread where you found it?

Here: http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod.html#post65200

But, just noticed that you have 755m, not 750m like i do. Dont know if it matters, because only difference is clocks...

Here: http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod.html#post65200

But, just noticed that you have 755m, not 750m like i do. Dont know if it matters, because only difference is clocks...

I am wondering if "Y500 - Y400 - SLI 750m - 80.07.9D.00.11 - OC.zip" could actually work with 755m, where BIOS 80.07.A8.00.32 is in. And if it would work in Win8.1 in SLI mode at all.

Just wondering if anyone has any good changes to make with this BIOs mod. I've heard of someone who disabled two of the processor cores and obtained both better heat and battery life while only minimally sacrificing performance.

Hello, I'm new to the site and to Bios Mods. I recently bought the Killer n wireless 1202 card. I tried to install the card and got an unauthorized card installedwarning and computer did not boot.

What are the risks of modding the Bios? All I really wish just to remove the whitelist, however, will my new card work in full capacity and features?

Fingers crossed on this one. I just ordered a new 7260 replacement card for the junk 2230N.

Spent all of yesterday afternoon trying to fix a problem I am having where video stutters when wifi is on. i.e. I am playing something on Netflix, and it sounds robotic/choppy -- disabling the integrated wireless fixes this. On Win7 x64. Tried various versions of the wireless driver/Intel ProSET... video adapter (since it has a driver)... RealTek drivers... etc. with zero success. No duplicate IRQs, etc. Very frustrating, but going to hope replacing the card does it.

2.07 ec + modded 3.05 bios are working like a charm on my y510p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xingcoo, have you got modded 3.05, unclocked, whitelisted? Can you share if you do?

- - - Updated - - -

Flashing the ultra bay 750m - only for SLI users:

Warnings regarding the SSID can be ignored.

slv7, do you only change voltages, base and memory clocks, or do you do something special to enable changing temperature control/prioritize ?

I've got a Y410p with v1.07 of the BIOS, and a couple of questions:

1. I see there are newer versions of the BIOS available (v2.xx and v3.xx). Are these required for SLI? (Thinking of getting SLI going sometime soon.)

2. Can I put on the modded BIOS v1.07 now and then upgrade to v2.xx later for SLI support (and then mod that BIOS)? (I have a new wireless card for it now.)

Thanks!

I've been going crazy trying to find a possible fix. I just need perfection for some awful reason! My y410p doesn't sleep at all. I've tried almost everything suggested on here (hopefully I missed the right solution somewhere...) After installing the AC 7260 and the 2.07 modified BIOS, I've tried everything to put the laptop to sleep.

Tried to:

- Update BT/Wifi Drivers

- Airplane Mode

- Disabling BT/Wifi

- Taking out the USB dongles (mouse, etc)

So far, no luck at all. It just will NOT sleep. Did anyone get this fixed / working on 2.07 with the Intel Wireless-AC 7260?

the 2230 has horrific wifi speed. I get about 6-10Mbps connection on that, while I get 60-80Mbps on the AC... that's messed up. Can't believe they have this stupid whitelist.

Okay for some reason my cmd.exe seems to be the problem... (I disabled the AV software, disabled UAC + registry).

So I decided to use powershell. Powershell was able to do the backup.bat with: "start backup.bat" so yay! I got a bios backup and went on to modifying it.

NOW. The problem is I can't flash it. I tried flashing with the script provided on the powershell, and it doesn't like it. And then I tried it with "start" and it doesn't get the -bios argument. Then I went to the cmd and I got the same damn Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI Express) Tools need to run with administrator privilege account.

What the hell? What is wrong with my cmd???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11795[/ATTACH]

that blue box is not CMD it's Windows Powershell you would need to find cmd.exe right click on it and run as administrator then cd to path where you got the bakcup.bat at and then type backup.bat and it will begin dl some stuff from flash memory or w.e BIOS is installed at, and once done you should find a bios.bin inside your folder where backup.bat is located at.

Ops could a moderator put this 2nd post with my first one? i forgot i already did a post reply so do this incase double post isnt allowed.

does anyone here know any modded bios v3.05? for y510p? if not i will have to wait for PM off svl7 with answer.

As far as I know, there is none. Please post it here if svl7 would give you any (either 3.05bios or unlocked vbios)

Hi everyone!! Lenovo publicated BIOS update on their support site --> VERSION 3.05 probably for all HW rev. 1.xx, 2xx, 3xx Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - Lenovo (US), maybe now SVL can mod this bios (remove whitelist) without sleep bug or another issues for every each user... That sounds good... :)

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Hi everyone!! Lenovo publicated BIOS update on their support site --> VERSION 3.05 probably for all HW rev. 1.xx, 2xx, 3xx Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - Lenovo (US), maybe now SVL can mod this bios (remove whitelist) without sleep bug or another issues for every each user... That sounds good... :)

P.S. Sorry for my english.

That's great to hear! I wonder what the changelogs are... They've already had 3.05 out, so I'm confused about this "update" they have

So... i have y510p with this BIOS version (3.05). When i try to flash this version from support i gave the information "BIOS compare version error" but i know that is normal because i have the same version. This is a task for SVL7 to delete whitelist from it and force flasher to overwrite BIOS when we have the same version i our notebook. (this is not important probably for users who have 1.xx or 2.xx or earlier 3.XX). SVL7 can you help us??

I just wanted to add my thanks to SVL7 for the whitelist mods. I have an early Y510P with the 1.07 BIOS. Experiencing the excessive battery drain problem when shut down, and sick of el-cheapo WiFi card.

I found the 3.05 BIOS flash here: http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/5979-bios-update-y410p-y510p-74cn44ww-v3-05-a.html

Then I backflashed it to 2.07 here (probably could've skipped the 3.05 update first, but didn't want to risk it): http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/5405-please-make-modded-y510p-bios-based-74cn44ww-v3-05-a-2.html#post77265

Then ran the whitelist mod on this thread so I could run my new 7260AC WiFi card.

The updated BIOS fixed my excessive battery drain problem. I had tried everything prior to this. Removed the wifi card, removed the SSD, disabled WOL, disabled fast startup, new battery, Energy Management app, etc. Nothing fixed it until I flashed a newer BIOS, and I was losing at a rate of 1-2% per hour when completely shut down.

BTW: Disabling Bluetooth on the 7260AC card solved the sleep problem as well. Not ideal, but I can live with it for now.