[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema, I just received my P150SM. It seems to have memory cap at 1600. My HyperX 2133 will only work at 1600. And CPU fan get stuck, keeps on running even though the cpu is in high 30 or lows 40C, only way to unstuck it is to run Fn+1 for a brief moment and it stops. Running Bios 06 end EC 04 from MySN.de site. Hope you can do some magic in this bios as well.

We are testing SM Mods atm, Clevo is still pushing a lot of updates for those, so once they slow down I'll give it a go.

...all is fine, the comp correctly boot after flashing bios, but....hotkeys dont works anymore (fn key) ? even if i get a new install of the setup, what can i do ?

Maybe Use the regular version for your keyboard layout.

Hi! Is it possible to mod in a switch to disable optimus? I have the P151EM1 and I bought a 3d monitor thinking it would work. I have a thread over on NBR as well..

All dgpu traffic is routed through the Intel iGPU, so if we would disable it the screen just goes black. 3D should still be possible through HDMI etc...

Hi there, i have a Horize P150em

Bios date 12/19/2012 - 4.6.5.3

Bios revision 1.02.16 TLO

KBC/EC firmware revison 1.02.11

Windows key Left side

Would the latest prema's mod bios P150EM_17_11_PM_v2_K2 work on this one.

YES Sir!

ENJOY! :)

Just installed the latest bios. I tested the new xtu abilities and it works great. I also like the new background no need to change the color. Just the black spacing between the loading icon animation.

Also I want to thank you for including the fn switch versions.

I am lookig forward for the next prema update :)

@Prema: Sorry for the ultra late response. Went down under due to a variety of issues in life I had to take care of. (Though all is fine now)

As stated by many earlier, the mods work well with Intel XTU. Though the installation worried me for a bit for my PC kept looping at your new boot screen until I forced it to boot windows directly from boot menu. (Issue didn't seem to reoccur after another reboot)

Guess I'll have to make a donation on payday.

EDIT: One random odd thing I noticed. Ever since I updated the BIOS to the modded one, the GPU temps at some random point will go from 36C to 45C and then just stop, drop back to 36C (no GPU usage). Not sure if its related, but its the first time I'm seeing the GPU doing this on idle. (You'll see the monitor on the lower right)

post-7519-14494995755787_thumb.png

EDIT2: Chrome and Skype are my two most used items when idling. This was not an issue prior to the flash.

We are testing SM Mods atm, Clevo is still pushing a lot of updates for those, so once they slow down I'll give it a go.

Maybe Use the regular version for your keyboard layout.

All dgpu traffic is routed through the Intel iGPU, so if we would disable it the screen just goes black. 3D should still be possible through HDMI etc...

YES Sir!

ENJOY! :)

That rox prema !!!

i used the regular version, and it works fine

Another question :

All fan of my p150em reach 100% use when i start a game (about 2 second after), how do i fix that ?

i prefer toi get a "progressive" speed ? is that possible ? this comp rox but fans are really noisy

EDIT: One random odd thing I noticed. Ever since I updated the BIOS to the modded one, the GPU temps at some random point will go from 36C to 45C and then just stop, drop back to 36C (no GPU usage). Not sure if its related, but its the first time I'm seeing the GPU doing this on idle. (You'll see the monitor on the lower right)

EDIT2: Chrome and Skype are my two most used items when idling. This was not an issue prior to the flash.

People report a lot of stuff that appears to have changed after the update, while none of those things where actually changed by the Mod...guess it's just part of paying more attention than before... ;)

That rox prema !!!

i used the regular version, and it works fine

Another question :

All fan of my p150em reach 100% use when i start a game (about 2 second after), how do i fix that ?

i prefer toi get a "progressive" speed ? is that possible ? this comp rox but fans are really noisy

If your fan kicks in 100% when just launching a game then you should re-paste the GPU, because it wouldn't do that before reaching almost 90c...

@Prema: Sorry for the ultra late response. Went down under due to a variety of issues in life I had to take care of. (Though all is fine now)

As stated by many earlier, the mods work well with Intel XTU. Though the installation worried me for a bit for my PC kept looping at your new boot screen until I forced it to boot windows directly from boot menu. (Issue didn't seem to reoccur after another reboot)

Guess I'll have to make a donation on payday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8380[/ATTACH]

Merely monitoring GPU temps keeps the GPU on and using power, and thus generating heat. This causes it to slowly heat up and the fan to turn on. If you're not monitoring the gpu temps or doing anything with it, the fan will never turn on since the gpu is off and never heats up.

I always check my temps and settings whenever I turn on the PC. The monitor is just right there for me to view at all times. I used to have an issue where the clock speeds would remain in 3D mode for no reason, and was fixed after some thorough testing with Afterburner and Origin/Steam. The monitor itself never really added much to temperatures (35C being lowest for 15 minutes when on). I had the machine since last year with little to no changes, the monitor and the usual files I have shown were present as well.

EDIT: The problem does not occur when going mobile... (2 hours since I unplugged AC power). Maybe a power options issue, though that's odd when on balanced settings.

I always check my temps and settings whenever I turn on the PC. The monitor is just right there for me to view at all times. I used to have an issue where the clock speeds would remain in 3D mode for no reason, and was fixed after some thorough testing with Afterburner and Origin/Steam. The monitor itself never really added much to temperatures (35C being lowest for 15 minutes when on). I had the machine since last year with little to no changes, the monitor and the usual files I have shown were present as well.

If you never ran the temp monitor, then turned it on after letting your laptop sit idle for a long time, you will find the GPU to be at room temp, which I assume is well below 35C. Running a GPU temp monitor will cut over an hour off of your battery life.

Hello,

sorry if I am a little off topic. Some of us Gigabyte X79 mainboard users are in need of a microcode update for their socket 2011 CPUs. I saw that Prema here updated the notebook BIOS for the CPUID 206D7 to 70D.

Prema? It would be very cool if you could help me find or send me a microcode module for MMTool, or give me a hand with that tool to extract and convert such microcodes from other BIOSses. I am currently stuck with the conversion after extracting from, say, an ASUS BIOS. (MMTool crashes in microcode tab)

Hello,

sorry if I am a little off topic. Some of us Gigabyte X79 mainboard users are in need of a microcode update for their socket 2011 CPUs. I saw that Prema here updated the notebook BIOS for the CPUID 206D7 to 70D.

Prema? It would be very cool if you could help me find or send me a microcode module for MMTool, or give me a hand with that tool to extract and convert such microcodes from other BIOSses. I am currently stuck with the conversion after extracting from, say, an ASUS BIOS. (MMTool crashes in microcode tab)

You can't use MMtool for the new stuff...needs all to be done in hex and manually re-signed.

I just noticed in V2 of the P150em BIOS states

"(fixed: HDMI Audio, ext. Dispaly detection, brightness control)"

Does that fix the issue of the HDMI display going black BUT the back-light staying lit -- as if the display does not know to go into power save mode?

REASON I ASK

I have two displays attached - 1 DVI and 1 HDMI and the HDMI display never fully powers off??

I thought since I bought refurbs on ebay (fairly cheap) it was a display issue.

---- Thanks ----

I just noticed in V2 of the P150em BIOS states

"(fixed: HDMI Audio, ext. Dispaly detection, brightness control)"

Does that fix the issue of the HDMI display going black BUT the back-light staying lit -- as if the display does not know to go into power save mode?

REASON I ASK

I have two displays attached - 1 DVI and 1 HDMI and the HDMI display never fully powers off??

I thought since I bought refurbs on ebay (fairly cheap) it was a display issue.

---- Thanks ----

IDK, try it... ;)

Hi Prema,

Looking at getting into OC'ing - currently own a P150EM (Horize), BIOS 1.02.14 and KBC/EC 1.02.11 am I fine to flash. P150EM_17_11_PM_v2?

Having a look at HWiNFO says my CR is 2T, this doesn't necessarily mean I have to flash the 2T version right?

Thanks you in advanced mate and awesome work! :)

Awesome will do, thanks a bunch Prema.

Also if need be, no issues on reverting back, just grab the stock BIOS provided on the first page and follow your flashing guide?? Apologies in advanced, usually never have to go back a version.

Hey Prema, great work here. Thanks for the mods!

I'm trying to switch my windows/fn keys with your mod. I have a P150EM with the fn key on the right, however, both of the keyboard versions leave the fn/windows keys as-is. The full fan command works fine for each version, whether its fn+1 or fn+8, but both leave the fn on the right. Am I misunderstanding what these different versions are for? Or is there some issue here?

Hello,

is there a modified BIOS for the Clevo P157SM? Thanks

So for the P1XXSM series, will the BIOS mod (when finished) have proper HDD/SSD hardware encryption (for drives that support it)? Or is it impossible? :o

What's the ETA, if you don't mind answering? :)

Waiting for Clevo to stop pushing new BIOS each week...they pushed 8 Development as well as 6 release BIOS for those SM models...

Hey Prema, great work here. Thanks for the mods!

I'm trying to switch my windows/fn keys with your mod. I have a P150EM with the fn key on the right, however, both of the keyboard versions leave the fn/windows keys as-is. The full fan command works fine for each version, whether its fn+1 or fn+8, but both leave the fn on the right. Am I misunderstanding what these different versions are for? Or is there some issue here?

It detects one type of keyboard (yours) and adjusts FN position automatically while the other type needs to be selected manually by choosing K1 or K2.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic