[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Omg ... where i can find EC V4?

I thought, download from your post of #3, "P170EM_17_12_Stock.rar"

Can i after this, dowload of post of #1? "P170EM_17_12_PM_v2.rar"

From the first page:

• IF THE CURRENT SYSTEM BIOS / EC IS 1.00.03 OR EARLIER, IT IS MANDATORY TO UPDATE TO 1.00.04 BEFORE USING THIS MOD!

I made and attached an easy to flash version of BIOS & EC v4. Create a bootable pendrive and follow the readme.

Careful this is only for people with a BIOS/EC lower than 1.00.04! A downgrade from a newer BIOS/EC to this v4 WILL BRICK YOUR NOTEBOOK.

Hey I am planning to buy a Sager NP9150 with GTX680M. I wanted to know what type of bios I need to overclock it. I am a noob so instructions will be appreciated.

Welcome to T|I :)

If your Win key is on the left use: P150EM_17_11_PM_v2_K2.rar

If your Win key is on the right use: P150EM_17_11_PM_v2.rar

Follow the flashing guide.

For a modded GTX680M vBIOS please go here.

P170EM_0404_Stock.rar

UEFI is enabled by default...you may load setup defaults and safe and exit (UEFI gets disabled when switching to Win8 mode and then back), after that the F7 boot options should show the UEFI USB device...

1)Load default setting, save and reboot

2)F7, still no UEFI USB device detected nor UEFI label

(defaul setting is UEFI: enabled, and OS: Others (win8/secureboot disabled)

If i set OS to Win 8 (secureboot enabled), i can boot UEFI USB device, and install UEFI Linux or UEFI OSX, but on restart OS is not loaded because HDD is not showed anymore in boot setting (secureboot disable them).

Please, check this! :)

Hi Prema, hope you're doing well.

Could you please release the latest stock BIOS ?

I'm especially thinking at w230st, that fan burst is driving me insane !

As usual, many thanks for your time =)

Clevo released the new 04 bios for W230ST today. Always something, but it will not have any new options, like Prema's mod's.

Where did you find it ?

W230ST Bios 04, better yet, Bios 05

EDIT: Links removed

This BIOS was released alongside a matching EC, which needs to be flashed first or it may end badly.

The problem is that Clevos EC archive is missing an essential part...let me prepare an easy flash for everyone...

Prema , after flash your modded Bios i lost in THX TruStudio built in speakers setting (have only headphones and external speakers)... its normal??? or i have other software issue??...

You may have to re-install the driver...I made quite a few changes...

Prema, thanks!

I'm sure. i have of 1.00.03

p.s. of course i cant start downloads (

We require minimum of 5 quality posts to be able to download files. Just look around the forum and see if you may be able to help someone with a reply. ;)

I have for about first used this problem. In first card gtx680m i have in stock 78*c but in slave (two) i have 94*c. This is normal? For me isn't. Thx for answers....

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

The slave card shares a heatsink with the CPU so temps are higher, that's normal...but 94c is too high, if you don't overvolt the card you should repaste the heatsink...

EDIT: Latest Stock BIOS & EC v1.00.05 for W230ST added to the OP

PW: premamod.com ;)

ENJOY!

The slave card shares a heatsink with the CPU so temps are higher, that's normal...but 94c is too high, if you don't overvolt the card you should repaste the heatsink...

ENJOY!

Nice news for the w230st owners!

How is the modding of the bios going?

Thanx for your work

Prema, I've flashed the Stock BIOS & EC v1.00.05 for W230ST and the fans are much more managable now. Thank you for compiling it into a simple step by step instruction! However, there is tons of computer beeping when I'm in the bios, I'm curious to why it is beeping. Other than that, when I'm booted to Windows 8, it does not beep anymore.

Prema, I've flashed the Stock BIOS & EC v1.00.05 for W230ST and the fans are much more managable now. Thank you for compiling it into a simple step by step instruction! However, there is tons of computer beeping when I'm in the bios, I'm curious to why it is beeping. Other than that, when I'm booted to Windows 8, it does not beep anymore.

After all flashes are complete it needs a full shutdown and then the PSU removed once for a couple of seconds. Why? Ask Clevo! ;)

ENJOY!

Is the Sager version out? Mine is already on Sager BIOS and I'm not sure if there's any significant difference between the versions on the W230ST.

1)Load default setting, save and reboot

2)F7, still no UEFI USB device detected nor UEFI label

(defaul setting is UEFI: enabled, and OS: Others (win8/secureboot disabled)

If i set OS to Win 8 (secureboot enabled), i can boot UEFI USB device, and install UEFI Linux or UEFI OSX, but on restart OS is not loaded because HDD is not showed anymore in boot setting (secureboot disable them).

Please, check this! :)

bump! :( i tryed almost everting, i cannot manage to boot UEFI Linux or OSX (without secureboot UEFI is disabled, tryed to load default setting too; with secureboot enaled i can boot only pendrives, so i can install UEFI Linux/OSX, but hard disk is not showed anymore, so i can't boot them...)

P370EM, bios V2

haha! That is fancy. The beeping is gone now. Thanks! ;)

Yeah, as it is unusual, I added the beep and remove PSU info for everyone into the updates readme...THX!

I try re-install drivers, also i re-install new os with format hdd and i still have two options...

Download the version for P170EM and try it...maybe an other driver (audio) needs to be installed before the THX setup... ;)

Is the Sager version out? Mine is already on Sager BIOS and I'm not sure if there's any significant difference between the versions on the W230ST.

In almost all cases the logo and naming is the sole difference to the Clevo version...

@Prema: what about ME for w230st ?

Is there any update ? Also, do you know which version of Intel's ME driver does the best with latest bios ?

Thanks =)

I'll upload it soon...

bump! :( i tryed almost everting, i cannot manage to boot UEFI Linux or OSX (without secureboot UEFI is disabled, tryed to load default setting too; with secureboot enaled i can boot only pendrives, so i can install UEFI Linux/OSX, but hard disk is not showed anymore, so i can't boot them...)

P370EM, bios V2

I'll try OSX myself when I get a chance...

Cool =)

One last question, your 05 bios version is only 4MB, while the one from clevo ftp is 6MB, do you happen to know the difference ?

Cheers and thank you again !

I removed the incl. "OLD" ME firmware and will instead offer a separate flash with the latest ME soon...this allows me to push the more frequent ME updates independently from the less frequent BIOS/EC updates...

In almost all cases the logo and naming is the sole difference to the Clevo version...

I now remember why I despise the Clevo version.... "dat style note".

I'll have to bear with it until your modded one comes out or when Sager releases their own version. Never had problems with flashing different vendors so shouldn't be an issue at all.

EDIT: Oddly enough, my W230ST went up a full 8C since the BIOS update.I shall check if something is wrong since it used to idle 48-52C.

EDIT2: So before, when running all 4 cores, I could achieve the 3.4GHz frequencies under all tests. Now I can only hit 3.0 GHz on 4 cores, but 3.4GHz on 1 active core. Not sure why this is... even with throttlestop forcing 34T multipliers, its still at 3.0GHz. Temperature issue fixed itself... its back at 52C. I guess when running on battery, the fans clearly dont give a damn.

EDIT3: I might be switching back to my original BIOS... I want full control over all 4 cores again.

EDIT4: Further testing, benchmark tools WILL NOT bring my cores to 3.39-3.4GHz. However, playing games and doing CPU intensive tasks that aren't benchmarking or CPU burn-ins will bring it to those values on 3-4 active cores... the hell? Someone answer ;P

@Prema: You should kindly fix a version of the stock BIOS that doesn't have the cruddy Stylenote screen... I'll donate right away. Even a simple swap to a Sager screen would be nicer. :chuncky:

Hello prema,

I have a couple of question about your bioses. Actually I have a P170em with a 3630qm, 8GB of 1866 corsair vengeance, a Crucial M4 256MB as primary and a 320GB as secondary, running W8 fine.

My bios was 1.02.17 ans EC 1.02.12. I tried to update to you V2 bios K2/2T and couldn't manage to have it boot. Actually It seems that it cannot find the M4 SSD, and got BSOD.

I think I tried all combinations of uefi, non uefi, ahci, ide mode...

I have to revert to 1.02.17 stock that is working fine in ide mode, but this configuration is not working with your mod.

Do you have any clue? I would be happy to run your bios for some reason, the unlocking of the BLK is one of them and more globally the XTU support.

Thanks anyway for your work, clevo should retribute you for this work as it makes their laptop quite more enjoyable...

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic