NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Good now go forward will always use the test CLOUD GATE to have a parameter:

The test now endured a little more locked when the ship was almost across the screen (Fisics test)

the other 2 all ok, a flicker on the screen in the second phase of the test but everything ok.

post-9518-14494997761065_thumb.png

The test hangs when the video driver also stops responding

My original VBIOS GTX880M 8GB

help in case something

http://ul.to/mqu3ybpr

whenever I install your BIOS warning message

post-9518-14494997761416_thumb.jpg

Right, I never uploaded a version for the Asus. Need a copy of your vbios for this.

BIOS stuff is kinda off-topic here.

In the 1st post of this topic, you indeed DID unlock the BIOS for additional menu options, I just want to know how you did that.

The vBIOS is on this topic as well in like 3 different posts, but I want to know what did you change in order to unlock the limits. I would like to modify my vBIOS my self for custom limitations.

I hope asking isn't against the rules as reading through 81 pages with 50 posts each have been people stating how to dump the BIOS, extract the vBIOS and how to insert the vBIOS back into the system BIOS and flash it back, what's missing is the other stuff :D

Please let me know how you were able to achieve such god skills.

P.S: I am aware that I will void my warranty and that if I mess up, I can permanently damage my laptop. I'm willing to go though all of that in the name of OVERCLOCKING POWER!!!

327.23-notebook-win7-win8-64bit-international-WHQL with nvdmn.inf_v327.23_AW_GTX_880M

that you sent me the following Same thing with the 337.88 driver,

giving following crash tests in 3Dmark, and on games.

anyway thanks.

Accept any other suggestions .... = /

Unexpected error running tests.

Workload Single init returned error message: File: device_resources.cpp

Line: 313

Function: class eva::com_ptr<struct id3d11buffer=""> __cdecl eva::d3d11::device_resources::create_buffer(const struct D3D11_BUFFER_DESC &,const struct D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA *) const

Expression: hr: DX11 call failed [-2005270523].

Hardware device removed.

Tried run trine 2 , game not start,bugfield 4, black screen.... just for examples..

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: ID3D11Device::CreateBuffer:

same...</struct>

I have no direct stabilizer is in the making, reinstalled 337.88, because the problem is of course not the drivers tried 3 and all present the same'' locked'' in 3DMark tests and games ...

I will download the nvinspector, because it's all original not changed anything

Yes I did all that already, just posted the title of curiosity.

ok, that is just way to many problems.

Either your gpu is bad or you need to pull it out and reseat it a few times.

Then maybe a fresh windows install.

ok, that is just way to many problems.

Either your gpu is bad or you need to pull it out and reseat it a few times.

Then maybe a fresh windows install.

Why did I get quoted in that string? lol

@deadsmiley - let me know how the MX-4 works out for you. I'm starting to agree with svl7's notion that there may not be enough pressure with this heatsink to use a thinner paste like MX-4 so I ordered a tube of IC Diamond.

Why did I get quoted in that string? lol

@deadsmiley - let me know how the MX-4 works out for you. I'm starting to agree with svl7's notion that there may not be enough pressure with this heatsink to use a thinner paste like MX-4 so I ordered a tube of IC Diamond.

Probably a mistake on my part would be my guess.

Recently: I disassembled the notebook cleaned up, formatted it notebook, and works perfect, but with the new BIOS does not work: (

Saw my Bios? can say that the differences between one and another? has some configuration that should be incompatible, because if not, with my bios would not work

Can you run an over clocked run of 3dmark11 gpu only test?

And one stock.

The new Alienware 17 is limited on power ive got a 240W and mr fox suggest me to get a 330W will that help ? i mean the mobo has the limit, but even tho i run my 4910m @ 1.155v i am not able to overclock the card stable its flickerin at +100mv and shutdown after 5-10 seconds.. and restarts... i am really confused.

If someone can link me to a 330W for the new 17 or if it fits from the 18 cause i couldnt find on ebay :x its only from the old model 18xR something

no one could explain it to me so far ... I think it's because at the moment will install the bios as different firmware, and or because the procedure I need to do when installing the video drivers, which is to replace some numbers in the ini video driver

Similar issue (stock vBIOS) 'Generic VGA(1x)' Generic VGA video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3840QM,Alienware M17xR4

Nvidia drivers 327.23 Generic VGA video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3840QM,Alienware M17xR4

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/6705-gtx-880m-8go-m17x-r4-120hz-3d-screen-problem.html

Eurocom?

The new Alienware 17 is limited on power ive got a 240W and mr fox suggest me to get a 330W will that help ? i mean the mobo has the limit, but even tho i run my 4910m @ 1.155v i am not able to overclock the card stable its flickerin at +100mv and shutdown after 5-10 seconds.. and restarts... i am really confused.

If someone can link me to a 330W for the new 17 or if it fits from the 18 cause i couldnt find on ebay :x its only from the old model 18xR something

That's because it only exists for the M18x/Alienware 18, it is however fully compatible with the Alienware 17.

I repasted with AS5 (what I had on hand) 2 days ago. I have MX-4 on the way. This thing was running 90c on stock clocks before I repasted, hacked out big vent holes at the GPU inlet and isolated the inlet air from the rest of the case.

Man... Mechwarrior Online takes up 98% GPU at the match start menu. That's kinda crazy.

I use AS5 too, and I use the spread method of applying (http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appmeth/int/ss/intel_app_method_surface_spread_v1.1.pdf). I'm getting good results with my overclock, not above 67 degC (room temp sometimes up to 24 degC). My card's 'only' using about 90 - 100W at my overclock though, yours will be using another 10 or 20W beyond mine I would estimate.

Haha, yep, 98% GPU load in the start menu of a game is kind of pointless really, not like you're gaming at that point! Although, the way I see it, when you're gaming, I want my GPU to be using 98-100% GPU load, because to me that proves that the GPU is being used to it's full extent (well optimised) & nothing is holding it back be it on my platform or in the way the game is coded.

Have you managed to rule out that your GPU may just not be a good overclocker. Just because it won't overclock and remain stable doesn't mean it's a power limitation, your GPU may just be unstable when overclocked. Either it needs more voltage when overclocked, and/or is too hot in the GPU core or somewhere else on the card when overclocked that contributes to the instability. This is one possibility - it may not be a limitation with the power supply. You could maybe prove that the power supply is not the problem by running Prime 95 and Unigine Heaven Benchmark at the same time together (at stock clocks on the GPU) - this would produce a sh*t ton of load on the whole system (CPU at 100% load & GPU at 100% load at the same time), and if it doesn't crash like you've been experiencing, then it's likely NOT to be a power supply problem, but a GPU overclocking stability problem.

I use AS5 too, and I use the spread method of applying (http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appmeth/int/ss/intel_app_method_surface_spread_v1.1.pdf). I'm getting good results with my overclock, not above 67 degC (room temp sometimes up to 24 degC). My card's 'only' using about 90 - 100W at my overclock though, yours will be using another 10 or 20W beyond mine I would estimate.

Haha, yep, 98% GPU load in the start menu of a game is kind of pointless really, not like you're gaming at that point! Although, the way I see it, when you're gaming, I want my GPU to be using 98-100% GPU load, because to me that proves that the GPU is being used to it's full extent (well optimised) & nothing is holding it back be it on my platform or in the way the game is coded.

i used as5 and mr fox told me about liquid ultra... all i can tell you is it gave me -9 c° on cpu and gpu around. Ive tested it on 2x AW 17 and both running now better and overclocking higher... my 4910mq is running 4.1GHZ on all 4xcores with max temp of 81c before it was 89-90. GPU from from 87 to 79.

unfortunatly as of today i had to revert to the original vBios for my 880M.

no game/benchmark i tried (dota2 / watchdogs / 3Dmark11 / 3Dmark13) ran for more than a few seconds without either constant throttling (read: erratic switching between 993/836/614mhz core) or a complete video-driver crash.

however i did not try to use an older v-driver (327.xx is what has been suggested i believe) since i don´t see a reason using an old driver just so the standard clocks keep stable.

using v337.88 + original vbios at least i was able to play games with (although it still throttles the core some times).

kinda sad right now, coming from an 680M with a modifed vbios, i really hoped for more. but i guess nivdia fuc*ed it up this time around -.-

sidenote: i tried to edit my forum-signature but somehow it doesn´t show. working as intended?!

• Brian featured this topic