NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Will there be a newer edition of the overvolted clevo 680m vbios? I am using the one that i found on the post about using your 680m to its fullest potential, but i am wondering if and when a newer vbios will be coming out. i would be very interested in testing such a vbios.

• Founder
Will there be a newer edition of the overvolted clevo 680m vbios? I am using the one that i found on the post about using your 680m to its fullest potential, but i am wondering if and when a newer vbios will be coming out. i would be very interested in testing such a vbios.

There are always new ones in the works.

Svl7 mentioned a few posts above that he is working on improving his mods, but of course not 24/7 so it will take some time.

And @timrogerswert82 I have Samsung VRAM too on my Clevo 680m

I have an Alienware M17X R4 with a 2GB NVIDIA 680M. I flash my vbios to the OCEditionNew. I want to report that there is still throttling in graphics test 1 of 3DMark 11. With no OC, I got 6037 graphics only with this vbios

- - - Updated - - -

I have an Alienware M17X R4 with a 2GB NVIDIA 680M. I flash my vbios to the OCEditionNew. I want to report that there is still throttling in graphics test 1 of 3DMark 11. With no OC, I got 6037 graphics only with this vbios

Yeah, I know. It's not as if I'm not trying to circumvent this... I'm actually trying really hard to prevent this, but it's not that simple. Well, maybe it is, but I haven't found the solution yet.

Yeah, I know. It's not as if I'm not trying to circumvent this... I'm actually trying really hard to prevent this, but it's not that simple. Well, maybe it is, but I haven't found the solution yet.

Oh I wasn't trying to attacking you in anyway. I am really thankful for you spending your time to help us 680m users out. :)

Do you guys get any throttling in any thing else? I mean, out of all the games and benchmarks other than 3dmark11 test 1? Anyone?

I just tried out Crysis on Ultra 1008/1900 . I was average about 60fps. Then couple mins in the game. BAM Throttling came in. Then I started to average 40fps :(

Do you guys get any throttling in any thing else? I mean, out of all the games and benchmarks other than 3dmark11 test 1? Anyone?

Not throttling directly, but lower GPU usage (drops from 95%+ to 60-90)

Oh I wasn't trying to attacking you in anyway. I am really thankful for you spending your time to help us 680m users out. :)

I just tried out Crysis on Ultra 1008/1900 . I was average about 60fps. Then couple mins in the game. BAM Throttling came in. Then I started to average 40fps :(

Kind of makes a difference which card you are using.

Ummmm, who told you you could run that on a dell card?:boxing::D j/k

Not enough voltage to do that my friend. And as of right now. No fix is in place for this. You can do 900 to about 950. Depending on room temp.

Let me know on what scene you are in in battlefield and i'll will run through the same exact part and check my fps against yours.

Not throttling directly, but lower GPU usage (drops from 95%+ to 60-90)

Depends on your room temp and what over clock you are trying to get away with.

yes. with the heaven unigine benchmark. The OV 850 version throttles (according to MSI afterburner) but the non OV version is fine. Temps are ~70C. so not that high either. I've given up on 3DMark as it throttles no matter what I do (even with the base 819 non OV version). Using Heaven now as it seems to be more stable.

I can post the graphs over the weekend if needed

- - - Updated - - -

60-72, I will post an AfterBurner Monitor screenshot after some gameplay!

My OC I want to get away with is 836/2050.

I can get 900/2250 (+50, +450) with the 850 non-OV version. It does not throttle with the heaven demo. But I have not pushed it hard yet. That will happen this weekend.

I'm also using a M4 with the 2G dell 680M. I have the 3D version though. I think that means that the card is connected differently internally (which results in the Intel GPU being completely disabled). not sure how that affects the throttling.

Yeah I notice on the AB OSD that I get 70% usage at times in BF3.

@john, can you go into Multiplayer, Caspian Borders 64p Conquest and run out of the US base? If you pass the rocks on the road right side you could experience the same under utilization as me, please test it.

Here the AfterBurner monitoring window:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5759/monitoru.png

Yeah, you need to be in full screen mode for that to work correctly...If Im not mistaken.

You seem to greatly misunderstand what I did.

I just ALT+ENTER'd out of fullscreen mode to bring up the AB window with the monitoring info. Of course I played in fullscreen.... lol

You seem to greatly misunderstand what I did.

I just ALT+ENTER'd out of fullscreen mode to bring up the AB window with the monitoring info. Of course I played in fullscreen.... lol

Oh, my bad.

Then it looks like your in the 90+ usage from what you just posted so what's the problem? or is that the first minute of play

Oh, my bad.

Then it looks like your in the 90+ usage from what you just posted so what's the problem? or is that the first minute of play

It is completely unsteady and dips in the 70's regularly, even in the 60's at times...

It is completely unsteady and dips in the 70's regularly, even in the 60's at times...

Just checked mine. And if im just standing around doing nothing, my usage drops. If im just laying down not moving...same thing. If there is not of action going on in my area, same thing. Right now im just laying on the ground and it's sitting around 75% both cards. Crossing the roof it's almost 60 percent.

So what exactly is this suppose to do if i might ask?

nvm. I see mine drop to 2% for 1 second. haha

• Founder

So far mainly in test 1 but I'm still getting my Windows 8 installation fine tuned. BF3 today worked flawlessly at 920/1080. I should also mention these 680M's are pretty amazing, I can get up to 950 MHz while the GPUs are undervolted. I did an Afterburner log (I haven't gotten to using OSD) and I didn't see any utilization issues. Keep in mind load utilization drops if the game isn't stressing the GPUs much.

So far mainly in test 1 but I'm still getting my Windows 8 installation fine tuned. BF3 today worked flawlessly at 920/1080. I should also mention these 680M's are pretty amazing, I can get up to 950 MHz while the GPUs are undervolted. I did an Afterburner log (I haven't gotten to using OSD) and I didn't see any utilization issues. Keep in mind load utilization drops if the game isn't stressing the GPUs much.

If your running those...It should be allot higher than that. :)
Graphics NVIDIA GTX 680M SLI 4GB (902/1000 MHz)

And yes, been knowing that about these Dell cards for quite some time now... :)

• Founder

If your running those...It should be allot higher than that. :)

Graphics NVIDIA GTX 680M SLI 4GB (902/1000 MHz)

And yes, been knowing that about these Dell cards for quite some time now... :)

Mine are Clevo cards, they behave a bit differently than Dell cards.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Brian featured this topic