Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
eGPU Enthusiast

Setup 1.30 Discussion

Recommended Posts

Hey i'm using Exp Gdc v8 (mpcie)  on a Toshiba i7 with a msi 750 Ti. Everything worked out the box but I keep getting instabilities with the link swapping from pcie 2.0 x16 gen 2  to gen 1.1 on heavy load .

Overclocking the card takes the link back to gen 2 but same thing occurs when there is gpu intensive program running. My question is will swapping from Exp Gdc to PE4H/Pe4L fix the instabilities, or can the egpu setup fix problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GNST said:

Hey i'm using Exp Gdc v8 (mpcie)  on a Toshiba i7 with a msi 750 Ti. Everything worked out the box but I keep getting instabilities with the link swapping from pcie 2.0 x16 gen 2  to gen 1.1 on heavy load .

Overclocking the card takes the link back to gen 2 but same thing occurs when there is gpu intensive program running. My question is will swapping from Exp Gdc to PE4H/Pe4L fix the instabilities, or can the egpu setup fix problem.

 

 

EXP GDC has been noted to be problematic maintaining a reliable Gen2 signal. You've identified the solutions as either downgrading the signal to Gen1 or to use a PE4C V3 (with more reliable soldered cable).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys! :)

i would just to know how is possible save the setting in the diyegpu setup for the next Windows boot without re-enter every time in the diyegpu setup and redoing all the setting manually. Actually I can use the egpu, setting everything when I boot the computer. If I restart the computer for example the egpu is not working.

thank you for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Simone Sidoli said:

Hello guys! :)

i would just to know how is possible save the setting in the diyegpu setup for the next Windows boot without re-enter every time in the diyegpu setup and redoing all the setting manually. Actually I can use the egpu, setting everything when I boot the computer. If I restart the computer for example the egpu is not working.

thank you for your help.

 

Hi F3 after each required menu in Setup 1.30 to add the equivalent command to your startup.bat. Then upon reboot, select the default Setup 1.30 -> automated startup via startup.bat for replay of the same command sequence.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

 

Hi F3 after each required menu in Setup 1.30 to add the equivalent command to your startup.bat. Then upon reboot, select the default Setup 1.30 -> automated startup via startup.bat for replay of the same command sequence.

Thank you Nando!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can´t seem to get optimus working, either games say no compatible gpu found or I get BSOD

Win 7 64 bits
4+2 GB ram

intel HD 3000 + geforce gt 520M


egpu: GTX 770

EGPU adapter: EXP GDC BEAST v8 mpci version

 

I disable the dGPU and enable compression for igpu and egpu

 

The gpu is detected in device manager, nvidia experience, etc. Even without DIY egpu

 

Edited by Petrakis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Petrakis said:

I can´t seem to get optimus working, either games say no compatible gpu found or I get BSOD

Win 7 64 bits
4+2 GB ram

intel HD 3000 + geforce gt 520M


egpu: GTX 770

EGPU adapter: EXP GDC BEAST v8 mpci version

 

I disable the dGPU and enable compression for igpu and egpu

 

The gpu is detected in device manager, nvidia experience, etc. Even without DIY egpu

 

 

For Optimus to work, ensure the dGPU is disabled via Setup 1.30, your iGPU is detected and is the primary bootup GPU.

For the BSOD issue, switch your eGPU hosting port to Gen1 PCIe speed via Setup 1.30 PCIe Ports->Gen1 menu. That's because the EXP GDC Beast has been found to have flakey Gen2 reliability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

 

For Optimus to work, ensure the dGPU is disabled via Setup 1.30, your iGPU is detected and is the primary bootup GPU.

For the BSOD issue, switch your eGPU hosting port to Gen1 PCIe speed via Setup 1.30 PCIe Ports->Gen1 menu. That's because the EXP GDC Beast has been found to have flakey Gen2 reliability.

dgpu is disabled.

I will try switching gen2 to gen1 and I will report back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Petrakis said:

dgpu is disabled.

I will try switching gen2 to gen1 and I will report back

No success yet

 

 

 

SCN003.BMP

Edited by Petrakis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Petrakis said:

No success yet

 

Your startup.bat looks good.

 

Does the eGPU work with an external LCD?  If so, then it's a driver issue which will require:

 

1. Removal of all NVidia drivers

2. Installation of a recent NVidia driver  along with mods to enable Optimus:   https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10305-guide-how-to-get-nvidia-optimus-work-in-win10/

 

If you are still seeing a BSOD when attempting to initialize the eGPU in windows then you may have a power issue,  video card overclocked beyond ASIC capability, faulty video card or faulty eGPU adapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/9/2016 at 2:11 PM, Tech Inferno Fan said:

 

Your startup.bat looks good.

 

Does the eGPU work with an external LCD?  If so, then it's a driver issue which will require:

 

1. Removal of all NVidia drivers

2. Installation of a recent NVidia driver  along with mods to enable Optimus:   https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10305-guide-how-to-get-nvidia-optimus-work-in-win10/

 

If you are still seeing a BSOD when attempting to initialize the eGPU in windows then you may have a power issue,  video card overclocked beyond ASIC capability, faulty video card or faulty eGPU adapter.

 

Okay, I removed previosly all drivers with DDU tool, but I didn´t mod the drivers, the guide is for win10, does it matter if im on 7?

Also I should use latest drivers desktop version right? Because there is notebook drivers for gtx 770 (yes, for gtx 770 not gtx 770m)

I will keep you updated

 

 

EDIT:

Found this:

Depending which OS you're using, the NVIDIA_Devices string will have either:

NTamd64.6.0 (Vista) 
NTamd64.6.1 (Windows 7) 
NTamd64.6.2 (Windows 8) 
NTamd64.6.3 (Windows 8.1) 
NTamd64.10.0 (Windows 10)



Edit: Actually long ago I tried to mod them but the  NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0  entry in my file is empty.

q.JPG

Edited by Petrakis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tech Inferno Fan I purchased Setup 1.2(what is was called back then) in 2013. Am I entitled to receive the current version because of that or do I need to buy it again? I'll possibly get a Thinkpad W541 in the next days which I want to trade for my Macbook Pro if I get the eGPU to run. I know I need your program to disable the dGPU(K2100M) due to this thread and I might use the version I have(1.2-test11) but I don't know if there were changes that might have an impact on the success of this build. If you tell me that I'll be fine with the version I have then that's ok as well.

 

Thank you!

Edited by Morv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Morv said:

@Tech Inferno Fan I purchased Setup 1.2(what is was called back then) in 2013. Am I entitled to receive the current version because of that or do I need to buy it again? I'll possibly get a Thinkpad W541 in the next days which I want to trade for my Macbook Pro if I get the eGPU to run. I know I need your program to disable the dGPU(K2100M) due to this thread and I might use the version I have(1.2-test11) but I don't know if there were changes that might have an impact on the success of this build. If you tell me that I'll be fine with the version I have then that's ok as well.

 

Thank you!

 

@Morv, Setup 1.20 will be able to disable your dGPU OK. If you have any issues with it then pls PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, my windows is installed over bootcamp on mbp, would it be possible to convert it to mbr as mac needs efi to boot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CodeSix said:

Hi, my windows is installed over bootcamp on mbp, would it be possible to convert it to mbr as mac needs efi to boot?

 

Pls PM or email me your system model,  eGPU details and which Windows version you are using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I know if I need 1.2 or 1.3? Others with my Macbook used 1.2 because 1.3 wasn't out since the last implementation guide was posted.

Mid 2012 15" Macbook Pro Retina HD4000 + GT650M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LukeHero said:

How do I know if I need 1.2 or 1.3? Others with my Macbook used 1.2 because 1.3 wasn't out since the last implementation guide was posted.

Mid 2012 15" Macbook Pro Retina HD4000 + GT650M

 

Hi Luke, have you managed to install 1.30 to the rmbp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CodeSix said:

 

Hi Luke, have you managed to install 1.30 to the rmbp?

 

Hey, I'm gonna go through it all tomorrow (it's 1am here right now). I currently have EFI Win8.1 on my Mac so to do this I need to wipe my entire hard drive then restore my OSX from a Time Machine backup which is gonna take hours to do so I'll let it do that overnight then tomorrow I can make Windows 10 on a Bootcamp install instead of the EFI I currently have.

 

I'm not sure if I should be using 1.2 or 1.3 or not, if no one responds by tomorrow maybe I'll just try 1.3 first and if it fails use 1.2.

I'll update here and on my implementation guide when I do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LukeHero said:

 

Hey, I'm gonna go through it all tomorrow (it's 1am here right now). I currently have EFI Win8.1 on my Mac so to do this I need to wipe my entire hard drive then restore my OSX from a Time Machine backup which is gonna take hours to do so I'll let it do that overnight then tomorrow I can make Windows 10 on a Bootcamp install instead of the EFI I currently have.

 

I'm not sure if I should be using 1.2 or 1.3 or not, if no one responds by tomorrow maybe I'll just try 1.3 first and if it fails use 1.2.

I'll update here and on my implementation guide when I do it.

 

I am using bootcamp to install windows 10, the windows 10 is running as UEFI in which the eGPU Setup is not able to install 

 

BTW we are living in the same timezone..

Edited by CodeSix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CodeSix said:

 

I am using bootcamp to install windows 10, the windows 10 is running as UEFI in which the eGPU Setup is not able to install 

 

If you're using Bootcamp to install Windows 10 isn't that BIOS install rather than UEFI? If you install in EFI mode then you don't need eGPU setup. I was unable to get Windows 10 functioning correctly with EFI though which is why I just purchased eGPU setup as I want to go from 8.1 to 10.

Edited by LukeHero
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys , Need help here: my egpu is not detected in windows 10  I used the setup 1.3 to check if the egpu get detected in it  but it doesn't also .  i have EXP Beast 8.3  whatever i plug or hotplug the egpu nothing show up,just the psu and graphic card start and fan spin so fast and loud then turn off again.
i tried the switching "wifi card first then egpu.... method" same result.
i turned  ATX power ON so it's always on but still nothing . The fan of the grapic card spin so so fast and loud but not detected ... Idk why.
Can you help me guys please.
 

Edited by [email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see you back finally Nando and keeping the eGPU scene alive, we missed you ;)

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello nando, your software is really a Amazing. I was able to make my Egpu get detected
the only ptoblm is I have AN HP folio 9480m And a GTX 960 so i need an override cause i get code 12 error
but whatever  i do the override the graphic card work and i can play but on the next renoot Blue screen ACpi bios Erro
i tried to do the override throut setup 1.3 but when i type the command on the dos to try it first my laptop restart again!!!
Any help here ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hello nando, your software is really a Amazing. I was able to make my Egpu get detected
the only ptoblm is I have AN HP folio 9480m And a GTX 960 so i need an override cause i get code 12 error
but whatever  i do the override the graphic card work and i can play but on the next renoot Blue screen ACpi bios Erro
i tried to do the override throut setup 1.3 but when i type the command on the dos to try it first my laptop restart again!!!
Any help here ??

 

Be sure to get the right command for the DSDT override:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/5874-guide-dsdt-override-to-fix-error-12/

You can use the startup.bat->Edit menu to add the command to your startup.bat for automated replay during next Setup 1.30 boot.

 

As for your ACPI BIOS error, suggest you test if this is because of your DSDT override OR due to your BIOS seeing your eGPU on boot and configuring an unstable system. For the latter, can use delay switches on your eGPU adapter to hide the eGPU from the bios during a cold boot: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8947-mpcieec-egpu-troubleshooting-steps/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Tech Inferno Fan

 

Thank you for developing such a great piece of software. I've seen many people achieveing their goals thanks to it. 

 

I bought your software yesterday hoping I was going to be able to use my Lenovo G505S (A8 AMD w/ single Radeon HD 8550G) with both the internal gpu and the eGPU adapter (EXP GDC v8) running at the same time because I need to use my multimonitor setup not only to play but to work as well, which I can do without the egpu plugged ofc.

 

So after I booted up my eGPU and turned my laptop on, all the graphical output was directed to the eGPU as if it was the only GPU available/detected. After the BIOS screen, an immediate crash regarding ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. Did a bit of research, tried changing lots of options to no available. Wouldn't work. Still the same error everytime.

 

My BIOS has Whitelist removed, even the Advanced Menu unlocked.  But the software wouldn't work as intended (because of the BIOS itself it seems) so I unplugged the eGPU, purchased and installed your software and tried again. Same result, every time I plug my eGPU it shows as if the eGPU now becomes the dGPU according to diy egpu setup 1.3 (doesn't detect the internal gpu) and if I tried to boot into Windows, it would just crash again. I was unable to turn it into a hybrid graphics mode.

 

My research didn't give good results:logik:

 

Sad it didn't work for me. My only alternative is using coreboot bios, but then I wouldn't need diy egpu setup because I have tested it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.