Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

Recommended Posts

Hi @Klem

I saw you already did this for someone else but the vbios is no longer available for download.

 

Please can you help me unlock my vbios so I can overclock my m2000m beyond the 135mhz limit?
My laptop: HP ZBook G2 running inf modded driver version 385.73

 

Hope you can hook me up.
Thank you in advance!

Edited by Tech Head Fred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tech Head Fred said:

Hi @Klem

I saw you already did this for someone else but the vbios is no longer available for download.

 

Please can you help me unlock my vbios so I can overclock my m2000m beyond the 135mhz limit?
My laptop: HP ZBook G2 running inf modded driver version 385.73

 

Hope you can hook me up.
Thank you in advance!

Hi!

Ok. Send me your original stock vbios. I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tech Head Fred said:

Here is the file.

I appreciate you taking the time for this.

 

GM107.rom

Ok. Check your PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Klem!

Can you unlock the voltage slider in MSI Afterburner/NVInspector and unlock the max o/c limit (+135Mhz) on my Quadro M5000M?

Here is the screenshot of GPU-Z and the vbios.rom:

m5000m.gif.5e9f753bd89066ee4e3185e2f7dede6f.gif

bios.rom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mirage_bg said:

Hi, Klem!

Can you unlock the voltage slider in MSI Afterburner/NVInspector and unlock the max o/c limit (+135Mhz) on my Quadro M5000M?

Here is the screenshot of GPU-Z and the vbios.rom:

m5000m.gif.5e9f753bd89066ee4e3185e2f7dede6f.gif

bios.rom

 

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Klem I have an Eurocom sky X4 / Clevo P750DM-G with GTX980m 8GB with G-SYNC (BIOS attached) is there any working version of your unlocked BIOS that is compatible with my device ? Or can you please unlock my current BIOS ? :) Thank you

 

1935244185_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.ca37a533af1d3be57253538d03a347fc.png

bios.rom

Edited by mys3544

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mys3544 said:

Hi @Klem I have an Eurocom sky X4 / Clevo P750DM-G with GTX980m 8GB with G-SYNC (BIOS attached) is there any working version of your unlocked BIOS that is compatible with my device ? Or can you please unlock my current BIOS ? :) Thank you

 

1935244185_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.ca37a533af1d3be57253538d03a347fc.png

bios.rom

 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Edited by Klem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the plethora of information in this thread. I'm planning on upgrading my 770m to 900 series gpu so I'm reading up on what I can. It's interesting what an unlocked bios can do for a system.  IHoping I can do the same mods in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Klem I'm not sure who I should contact who might be able to help me on here, or even be willing to. 

 

Last Saturday I installed a Quadro M4000M in my Dell Precision M6700. I got it working... Had to modify the INF file in the driver package to get it to install, but it is working well now.

 

What I need help with is overclocking this thing.  I can get +135 on the core with Nvidia Inspector. I installed Maxwell bios tweaker II and I am just not experienced enough to mess around in here yet.  I had modded a vbios a couple years ago with Kepler bios tweaker and it worked well, but I'm real rusty and don't want to mess up the new card...  Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for something modest. It would be great if I could get a little more on the core like maybe +200 or +250 (I'm not sure what these are capable of, but I wouldn't want to run within 25mhz of max. I would like something any version of these cards regardless of the silicon lottery should be capable of) and a memory boost would be nice which I cannot get with Nvidia Inspector. 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, poorejj said:

@Klem I'm not sure who I should contact who might be able to help me on here, or even be willing to. 

 

Last Saturday I installed a Quadro M4000M in my Dell Precision M6700. I got it working... Had to modify the INF file in the driver package to get it to install, but it is working well now.

 

What I need help with is overclocking this thing.  I can get +135 on the core with Nvidia Inspector. I installed Maxwell bios tweaker II and I am just not experienced enough to mess around in here yet.  I had modded a vbios a couple years ago with Kepler bios tweaker and it worked well, but I'm real rusty and don't want to mess up the new card...  Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for something modest. It would be great if I could get a little more on the core like maybe +200 or +250 (I'm not sure what these are capable of, but I wouldn't want to run within 25mhz of max. I would like something any version of these cards regardless of the silicon lottery should be capable of) and a memory boost would be nice which I cannot get with Nvidia Inspector. 

 

Thanks

Hi!

You can post here your stock vbios from your card, I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are these vbios updated(further tweaked since tested) and compatible with the   AW17 R-3    980M 8Gig.  See attached file.

gpu.gif

Edited by tutsuo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 5:02 PM, szemy20 said:

svl7 and Klem
I've sent a donation and I still don't know what to do with VBIOS GTX 980M . Unloced OC STB.. tank you 

maja310@gmail.com

 

MSI.GTX980M.8192.150108 (1).rom

Hi!

I sent you unlocked vbios via PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello !

 

Have an gtx 980m to unlock . . . tested it self by inet guides but no luck

 

Klem can you help . . . schenker980.JPG.32d0d368301f73d3868dc4034a5bb10e.JPG . . . GPU and Ram are on Stock 0c Limit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0riginal without GPU . . .   gm204.JPG.dcd9c719226edfa519708d5f4e86a6fe.JPG . . .  VRAM 0C Voltage Limit

Edited by mirt1981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

Send me your stock vbios, I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, mirt1981 said:

Hello !

 

Have an gtx 980m to unlock . . . tested it self by inet guides but no luck

 

Klem can you help . . . schenker980.JPG.32d0d368301f73d3868dc4034a5bb10e.JPG . . . GPU and Ram are on Stock 0c Limit

Hi!

Send me your stock vbios, I'll take a look.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem, I have an Asus Rog GL552VW-DM149 laptop with the latest version 300 of the bios.
I tried the overclock GTX 960M but I noticed that the max limit of the mem clock is +140MHz and going a little further it already starts crashing.
Can anything be done to unlock this limit? I have seen on the web that some have taken it up to +450/+700MHz with the same card, how is it possible?
I await your news, thanks.

Annotazione 2019-05-29 211207.png

Annotazione 2019-05-29 211545.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nikola87 said:

I noticed that the max limit of the mem clock is +140MHz and going a little further it already starts crashing.
Can anything be done to unlock this limit?

Hi!

It's not a bios limitation. It's means that memory type on your Nvidia card can't overclock more than +140 MHz. Because on your card Elpida memory chips. 

Samsung memory chips can overclock much more. Hynix and Micron memory chips also maybe can overclock more than Elpida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By IveGotRoot
      I have recently upgraded my laptop(an M6800 firepro 6100) and replaced it with an GTX 980m. Nvidia says that the latest driver(461) supports my card but i can only install up to 388.13 Ive tried to mod it but i can't figure it out. I can run the latest linux driver tho
    • By Freddyicy
      I have spent a little time in the past few days looking around this site. I would love for someone to point me in the right direction to a forum that has information that could help me out with my problem.
       
      I have a:
       
      Alienware M17XR3 
      Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      Intel I7-2820QM 2.3
      Bios InsydeH20 Version 1.0 A12
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
      (4x) 4 GB Ram
      samsung 2.5" 256 SSD (SATA3.0Gbps)
       
      It has been an amazing machine for the last 10+ years. Minor issues, nothing that an Alien Respawn could not fix, till now! On battery power it works just perfect.  Then I plug it in and it's all OK until I try to do anything, and then the screen goes white. The screen sometimes goes yellow, sometimes blue, but mostly white screen. It will do nothing until I do a hard reset (holding the power button till it turns off and turn it back on) with the power unplugged.  If the power is not unplugged then it will go through boot up to windows swirling dots then go white again. If I plug it in and do nothing I can charge it, unplug and continue what i was doing. I have tried a lot of solutions bouncing around the internet, and thought I was having a DC Jack connection issue (replaced the ac/dc power adapter, then the motherboard). I get a better connection now but with the same white screen result. I stumbled into this forum and I'm hoping to find solutions to my issues.  Then upgrade like so many others have.
       
      Any ideas, comments or suggestions welcome.
       
      Thank you in advance!
       
    • By MitjaStachowiak
      Hello,
      does anyone know, which is the chip holding the VBIOS-ROM on an AMD Pro-WX 7100?
       
      I've two AMD Pro WX 7100 which doesn't work. One has maybe a wrong VBIOS and gets deativated in BIOS before any system boots. The other one is not recognized by the MB so I suspect this one to be defective and un-soldered two chips, which I suspect to be the VBIOS-ROM:
       

       
      On earlier GPUs, the VBIOS was the chip closer to the GPU. But here, this chip has a bottom SMD contact which looks more like some power electronics...
      So before I start soldering on the probably working GPU - can you tell me, which actually is the VBIOS?

      Thanks.
       
       
    • By pippocarlot
      Hello everyone! I am looking for an answer to a problem I cannot find a solution to ... I purchased an Amd wx 4150 MXM GPU module su e bay to upgrade my HP 8570W Mobile Workstation which is currently equipped with a Fire Pro M4000. Once the new GPU has been installed, the PC screen no longer turns on but works only with external monitors connected via the docking station. The same happens once the drivers are updated! If I put the old card back on, the integrated monitor starts working again ... How can I fix it?
    • By Swick1981
      Bios Release Version – v2.0.0
       

       
      Updated or Modded Items:
      A11 UNLOCKED BIOS FOR m18Xr2 (UNLOCKED BY SVL7 AND FULL CREDIT GOES TO HIM FOR UNLOCKING!)
      SVL7 Also created the PRR2.EXE tool that allows you to flash the new bios by unlocking it.  (FULL CREDIT GOES TO HIM FOR THAT FILE PRR2.EXE)
       
      Here are ALL the things I've added, modded, and enhanced on this bios -
      I've added FULL LEGACY SUPPORT ON THIS BIOS with ONE or TWO CARDS (SLI).  You can FINALLY use Win 7 OS on your machine and run the 900 series GPU's! 
      This is a MAJOR breakthrough!
       
      LEGACY SUPPORT Confirmed.  Works with 900 series GPu's in single OR SLI formation Updated the Intel RST Legacy to v12.9.0.2006 (Supports TRIM in RAID0 - CONFIRMED) Updated Intel RST UEFI to v12.9.0.2006 (Supports TRIM in RAID0 - CONFIRMED) Updated the ONBOARD Video Card for the HD3xxx to v2171 - FROM v2132 Updated ONBOARD Video Card for the HD4xxx to v2171 - FROM v2132 Updated the LAN Firmware & PXE Boot from 2.0.5.9 to v2.0.6.6 ADDED NvMe Support for m18xr2 ADDED M.2 support for m18xr2 Updated CPU Microcode to v29 for the 2900 CPU's Updated CPU Microcode to v1c for the 3900 CPU's Updated GOP Driver for Intel Sandy Bridge CPU Updated GOP Driver for Intel Ivy Bridge CPU Updated MAIN GOP Policy module for the m18xR2 Eliminated some code that wasn't used in the m18xR2 Updated CSM Module (v2) Streamline some coding to make mod(s) run a little more efficiently (v2) Added FPARTS.TXT to rar file in v2. (I had forgot to add it in v1) v2.5 to be released shortly.  I've updated a few more modules that I didn't realize could be updated.  (It's only 3 modules, but it's still an update!)   It should be released in about a week.  Hope this helps ya'll!  
      Instructions to flash:
      Use a flash drive to create a boot disk into dos Unzip ALL files into the root of the flash drive (flash.bat, r2final.bin, fpt.exe, flash.bat, prr2.exe, fparts.txt,m18r2.hdr, m18r2.hdr.bin, readmefirst.txt) BOOT INTO DOS – Note, that when you set the bios to legacy in order to boot into dos, you MAY have to reinstall OS!  (Just be prepared to reinstall no matter what) Once you boot into dos, run the file flash.bat It will unlock your bios (THANKS TO SVL7’s BIOS UNLOCKING TOOL – ALL CREDIT TO HIM FOR THIS TOOL!) Let it flash… Reboot your pc, and enjoy the MASSIVE updates!  
      Be on the lookout as I do plan to release newer version with more updates in the future.  However, it wont be for at least a few weeks as I'm now working on legacy support for the m17xR4 and several other systems.  So please be patient!
       
      ENJOY!
       
      Thread link for more information and discussion:
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.