OFFICIAL: M17x-R2 Benchmarking Thread

Another interesting result:

winrar -> tools -> benchmark (leave it for 1min) take a screenshot

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400[/ATTACH]

How Stam are you at 3.93 ghz? is that single core or all 4? Did you raise your cpu volt from 0mv to +150mv?confused.png Actually I was wondering another things first that registry mod for increased HD speed that causes multiplier to stay at max multiplier, how does it do that? If i don't use that and have different multipliers for 1, 2, 3, or 4 core can 1 core reach 4ghz or just about while being stable for gaming... I'd like to see 140x 25 4core, x25 3core, x26 2core, 29x 1 core. I'm also going to attempt 1.1volt on hd5870m and like 850-900core 1100-1225 memory. My hope to produce a 5-10 degrees Celsius less but still nearly maintain similar clocks that 1.15v allows. I use the vbios flash for the entire over-clock... i haven't edited EnableULPS to dword 0, do i need to for a over-clock only through vbios flash and what does it do if not used for Rivatuner over-clocking.

Edited by mw86

The PSU should not trip with those settings as long as the CPU isn't being run at 100% on all 4 cores either simultaneously. If that isn't the case, then double check your temperatures to make sure they are okay. If it continues and the temps are fine, I'd ask dell for a new PSU--the delta ones are better than flextronics. I can run mine w/the above settings all day long in furmark. I've put on a sustained load that exceeded 240W and the PSU didn't trip.

Edit: I see you ran furmark BENCH. What if you run furmark burn in? I never run the bench so I'm not sure if it utilizes the CPU or not. Also which version are you using?

I do in fact have the flextronics does anybody know a good place to get the delta one from that's cheap? Should I complain of random shutdowns to dell and see if they will send me a free replacement? Also I am still wondering about the 5870M's if they throttle at a certain temp and if they surpass a certain temp will that also cause the system to just powerdown?

• Founder
How Stam are you at 3.93 ghz? is that single core or all 4? Did you raise your cpu volt from 0mv to +150mv?confused.png Actually I was wondering another things first that registry mod for increased HD speed that causes multiplier to stay at max multiplier, how does it do that? If i don't use that and have different multipliers for 1, 2, 3, or 4 core can 1 core reach 4ghz or just about while being stable for gaming... I'd like to see 140x 25 4core, x25 3core, x26 2core, 29x 1 core. I'm also going to attempt 1.1volt on hd5870m and like 850-900core 1100-1225 memory. My hope to produce a 5-10 degrees Celsius less but still nearly maintain similar clocks that 1.15v allows. I use the vbios flash for the entire over-clock... i haven't edited EnableULPS to dword 0, do i need to for a over-clock only through vbios flash and what does it do if not used for Rivatuner over-clocking.

Yes for that benchmark I am with 5% BIOS OC (everything maxed out), all four cores are at 3.9Ghz because this test doesn't push the cpu that hard, it is more memory depended, so if you can increase the BLCK more instead of the multipliers you can get a much better score.

About different multipliers among cores, you can enable EIST and C1E from within ThrottleStop and you will see them fluctuating according to the workload all the way up to the multiplier you set as maximum. If you have them disabled you will have the same fixed multipliers across all cores. I don't think you will be able to reproduce the TurboBoost function with higher multipliers than the default ones, plus for me the 940XM never had that behavior(TurboBoost as described by Intel), with or without any tweaks and I think that has to do with the BIOS from Dell.

About the GPU and the registry changes, you don't need them if you plan to flash the GPU from DOS, the registry mod is only needed when you are planning to use programs like riva-tuner to change the clocks from within Windows, I personally avoid them and I don't mind flashing the card every time I want to change the clocks, it's a 40sec procedure for me anyways. You can try with 1.1V and find the clocks that are stable for you, I could even hit 870+ with the stock 1.05V.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes for that benchmark I am with 5% BIOS OC (everything maxed out), all four cores are at 3.9Ghz because this test doesn't push the cpu that hard, it is more memory depended, so if you can increase the BLCK more instead of the multipliers you can get a much better score.

About different multipliers among cores, you can enable EIST and C1E from within ThrottleStop and you will see them fluctuating according to the workload all the way up to the multiplier you set as maximum. If you have them disabled you will have the same fixed multipliers across all cores. I don't think you will be able to reproduce the TurboBoost function with higher multipliers than the default ones, plus for me the 940XM never had that behavior(TurboBoost as described by Intel), with or without any tweaks and I think that has to do with the BIOS from Dell.

About the GPU and the registry changes, you don't need them if you plan to flash the GPU from DOS, the registry mod is only needed when you are planning to use programs like riva-tuner to change the clocks from within Windows, I personally avoid them and I don't mind flashing the card every time I want to change the clocks, it's a 40sec procedure for me anyways. You can try with 1.1V and find the clocks that are stable for you, I could even hit 870+ with the stock 1.05V.

Great i'll try 1.05 @ 870+. So with the bios flash for the voltage what are our options Stam? Can we just do .05 steps? Is 1.15v the max voltage available? Is it something like .9, .95, 1, 1.05, 1.1, 1.15? Or as I inch back toward 900mhz could I raise it to 1.06, 1.07, 1.075? Was wondering how that works.

Were you saying yes to the +150mv on that last run @ 3.93 w/5% bios.

If I uncheck the eist and c1e it disables core states and enhanced speed step, then what part does that registry mod for maximum ssd speed that forces max multiplier on all cores that you posted have on maintaining the same max multiplier across all 4 cores?

"I don't think you will be able to reproduce the TurboBoost function with higher multipliers than the default ones, plus for me the 940XM never had that behavior(TurboBoost as described by Intel), with or without any tweaks and I think that has to do with the BIOS from Dell." -StamatisX

Can you clarify. I believe I have seen my 920xm in throttle stop switch properly from each turbo max multiplier that has been set for each profile ie... 1, 2, 3, or 4 core usage situations barring there aren't 4-8 threads being used placing you at 4 core speeds automatically and as long as eist is enabled. An example is I've been using 1 core 26x 140, 2 core 26x 140, 3 core 25x and 4 core 25x set through throttle-stop. This might not be what you are referring to in that case I don't understand.

*I agree once I got used to flashing I found it to be very stable and very fast and I can set it and forget it. Plus I find I like the video-cards power-saving features still enabled which this allows all power-play speed profiles to work.

Edited by mw86

• Founder

Never tried 0.1 intervals for the GPU, can't really tell you that. I don't see though why wouldn't it work with increments smaller than 0.5.

About the CPU, if I remember correctly, the only way to make TurboBoost work this way is if I have no tweaks applied and no BIOS oc at all. Not sure though since the first I thing I do when I format my disk is to apply the tweaks and oc...

@stamatisx I noticed in your benches that OpenCL is unchecked. When I open GPU-Z mine is checked, how do you go about disabling that? I havn't been able to figure it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
@stamatisx I noticed in your benches that OpenCL is unchecked. When I open GPU-Z mine is checked, how do you go about disabling that? I havn't been able to figure it out.

Good question, what drivers are you using and what are your CCC settings?

I'm sure I need to mess with my CCC settings, but havn't found it in there. Also I just got some new cards from Dell since I bricked one of my old cards. Well these are quite the cards. Also a little cooling goes a long way. I'm going to attempt a 1000MHz Core run when I get some more time available. Also need to do some 3DMark11 runs too.

Just when you thought the bar couldn't get any higher...My latest bench

rockwoot.gif

Vantage: P21012

GPU: 20565

CPU: 22477

21012e.th.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

• Founder
I'm sure I need to mess with my CCC settings, but havn't found it in there. Also I just got some new cards from Dell since I bricked one of my old cards. Well these are quite the cards. Also a little cooling goes a long way. I'm going to attempt a 1000MHz Core run when I get some more time available. Also need to do some 3DMark11 runs too.

Just when you thought the bar couldn't get any higher...My latest bench

rockwoot.gif

Vantage: P21012

GPU: 20565

CPU: 22477

21012e.th.jpg

NICE!!!

It seems that I will have to use an air condition if I want to pass your score :D

In a Sager laptop I see a ATI 6970M crossfire setup for a little over half a thousand dollars but the GT485M Sli costing almost a thousand-ish. The Ati would give that overpriced 485M a run for its money wouldn't it?

Thanks. Did you see the min temps? I guess thats the lowest reported by real temp or the cpu. Ill have to check with hwinfo. And i forgot to use my HyperX ram. I don't know if it'll make a diff, but my goal is to break 200sec.

Edited by DR650SE
  • Thumbs Up 1