derdy

is 16GB possible in an M14xR1??

need 1,5v ddr3 memory 8gb hyper X is a good option on 1600mhz have cl9 normal memory is cl11

I just installed 2X8gb of Crucial Vengence memory in my m14x r1. Plug and play--no problem whatsoever.

based on the intel specifications for the cpu, yes it does support up to 16gb 1600mhz ram. i curently have 12gb, and it's working without a flaw.

you can put 2 8gb it no problem but this is the highest nican not get higher i use samsung 2 8g ddr3 1600 and works very well

I'm currently running 16gb 1600mhz corsair vengence (2x8gb) with no issues. It recognizes it and works flawlessly with A08 bios!

• Thumbs Up 1

No! I attempted to do the same thing, but I doubled check with the tech support from dell. They clearly said that it will not work! I was hoping someone could try it out and maybe post their experience to see if it actually works or not!

Thinking about upgrading my memory as well as going to an SSD. Is CL9 that much better in speed (especially for gaming) than CL11 memory?

You probably wouldn't notice the difference yourself but you would see it if you benchmarked.

My rule with ram is to buy the biggest, fastest, best RAM I can afford (<<<keyword) that will still run in my machine. If my machine ever dies and I buy a new one, chances are i can then buy a machine without upgraded ram and switch in my old ram.

Shure; I got 16GB but it's only needed if you're doing video editing! Games won't exceed 6gigs these days^^

I put 16gb 1600mhz corsair vengence (2x8gb), i saw that my alienware m14x r1 put me that run 800mhz, this is normal?

I was very reluctant to upgrade but thanks to this thread that convinced me, I purchased and installed two Kingston 8GB PC3 12800 RAMs and they're running well.

Initially tried with just one 8GB RAM new with 4GB old RAM but laptop wouldn't start and beeped.

Windows Performance/Ecperience score was 7.9 with 8GB total RAMs and now with 16GB it scores higher 7.9!! ahahha oh well that is max score :P

I hope that I did not waste money for this upgrade though (-_-)

I would like to upgrade mine but don't seem to have a problem with the 8gb.  So some 16gb 1600mhz work in the R1 or do i need to get 1333?

Currently running 12Gbs of 1600mhz on my A08 m14x r1. Haven’t run into a problem at all. It’s lovely.