Nando

Drivers and Utilities

Official drivers and utilities for the AW M14x

Official drivers from Dell

Alienware Command Center

Alienware Command Center houses all of the custom software for your M14x. By placing programs like AlienFusion and AlienFX, AlienTouch, AlienSense in a single, user-friendly interface, you gain more control over your system.

Official documentation from Dell

Official Manuals

Official Wallpapers of Alienware

Restore the Alienware 'Look and Feel' after a clean install of Windows

EDIT: more 'look n feel' customization in this thread

EDIT: Utilities

Crystal Disk Info: A HDD/SSD utility software which supports S.M.A.R.T. and a part of USB-HDD. http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

MSI Afterburner is a handy overclocking utility for ATI/NVIDIA graphics cards. Main features include GPU/Shader/Memory clock adjustment, advanced fan speed and GPU voltage control.

EDIT: Core Temp: is a compact, no fuss, small footprint program to monitor CPU temperature.

Download: Installer

Download standalone: 32 Bit 64 Bit

Core Temp Gadget: This is a sidebar gadget for Windows Vista and 7 for use in conjunction with Core Temp

Addgadget: Sidebar for Windows like All CPU Meter (temps work with Core Temp), Network Meter, GPU Meter, Battery Meter, Drives Meter

HWMonitor: is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed

Notebook Hardware Control: you can easily control the hardware components of your Notebook, control the hardware and system power management, ustomize the notebook (open source ACPI Control System), prolong the battery lifetime, cool down the system and reduce power consumption, monitor the hardware to avoid system failure, make your notebook quiet

I hope it is helpful...cheers!

Edited by Nando
  • Thumbs Up 3

Thanks and welcome to T|I!

Nice of you to post that Nando, welcome to Tech Inferno!

Nice of you to post that Nando, welcome to Tech Inferno!

thanks men!

Just a reminder for those with sandforce based SSD's don't install intel rapid storage drivers because the computer will bluescreen at windows login even on safe mode

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a vertex 2 and have used the rapid storage drivers with great success? :02:

What ssd types use sandforce?Rapid storage drivers hmmm what drives have you experienced this with SpeedGonzalez? Congrats Vertex 2 isn't bad u see specs on Vertex 3 its blazing fast in sata3!

Edited by mw86

found this:

Alienware Alienguise with Breed Theme: AlienGUIse™ Theme Manager dramatically transforms the appearance of your system into a truly unique display, and contains the exclusive Alienware-centered Breed skin.

couple pics

1 - 2

I personally not like, but maybe someone around here...

Hi, I looked through the driver download list on dell for m14x but there does not seem to be a bluetooth driver on it. Do we need to get a 3rd party bluetooth driver? Thanks!

Hi, I looked through the driver download list on dell for m14x but there does not seem to be a bluetooth driver on it. Do we need to get a 3rd party bluetooth driver? Thanks!
Ni hao Wei

I am glad to see I am not alone here please keep posting your findings xie xie ni

I looked through the driver link posted and did not see it listed either. Could you try checking the dvd that came with your system?

Here you go please download, dell forgot us

DW375 Bluetooth

Widcomm Bluetooth Software

Drivers and Downloads

Release Date: 11/10/2010

Version: 6.3.0.6900, A04

Download Type: Application

File Format: Hard Drive

File Size: 62 MB

Compatibility

Systems Operating systems

Latitude E4310

Latitude E5410

Latitude E5420

Latitude E5420m

Latitude E5510

Latitude E5520

Latitude E5520m

Latitude E6320

Latitude E6410

Latitude E6410 ATG

Latitude E6420

Latitude E6420 ATG

Latitude E6510

Latitude E6520

Latitude 2120

Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M4500

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello,

Yesterday after going hunting to the store for the Bluetooth headset isssue (solved)

I runed into a very nice usb sound amplifire for only 25 usd (in china lol) and guess what was my surprise !

It canot be reconise by my system >>>> usb headsets or sound devise on usb are not reconise WE ARE MISSING SOMETHING

@Maitreya What could be missing/ The USB should be automatic... did the device come with drivers?