[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi Prema! I read somewhere that you were running a modified 740m vBios on a 650m, was that correct or just a dream? Turboboost v2 would be nice on my W110ER... Sold my P150HM, so I have to get the most out of my W110ER.

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here at the same time a noob! :(

Anywway, I have a Sager NP9150 with a GTX675M and a i7-3610QM. I'm on Win8 64 Professional.

I've successfully updated to the following:

EC : 1.02.11SA

Bios: 1.02.17LS1

ME ; 8.1.30.1350

So far everything works ok. The only annoyance I have is that the Fn/Win keys are swapped and the BT light is always on. After reading the threads, I discovered that this is caused by the updated EC.

Does this bug also occur with the Clevo version updates? What about with Prema's Mods is this issue fixed?

Is there any update or fix for this bug/annoyance? I'd like to keep the Sager versions so as not to void any warranties left-over with Sager.

Update: I just physically swapped the Fn and Windows keys but the BT light always on is still a problem.

Hi Prema! I read somewhere that you were running a modified 740m vBios on a 650m, was that correct or just a dream? Turboboost v2 would be nice on my W110ER... Sold my P150HM, so I have to get the most out of my W110ER.

Good things come to those who wait! ;)

yoda-patience1.jpg

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here at the same time a noob! :(

Anywway, I have a Sager NP9150 with a GTX675M and a i7-3610QM. I'm on Win8 64 Professional.

I've successfully updated to the following:

EC : 1.02.11SA

Bios: 1.02.17LS1

ME ; 8.1.30.1350

So far everything works ok. The only annoyance I have is that the Fn/Win keys are swapped and the BT light is always on. After reading the threads, I discovered that this is caused by the updated EC.

Does this bug also occur with the Clevo version updates? What about with Prema's Mods is this issue fixed?

Is there any update or fix for this bug/annoyance? I'd like to keep the Sager versions so as not to void any warranties left-over with Sager.

It's not a bug, your keycaps have mostly already been swapped by Sager as their EC only works for the newer button layout, if you now swap them back they will be in the correct position for all future updates, same as all other re-seller are using. ;)

Is it only me?

When using this BIOS with P150EM, when I shutdown it just log off and turn off the screen, as soon as I move the mouse it is at the login again.

Then your Windows power settings are set to standby if power button is pressed... ;)

I followed your advice and just physically swapped the Fn and Windows keys. :) So now the keyboard layout is fixed but the BT light is still a problem. This is the "bug" that I am referring to. The keyboard keys can always be manually/physically moved around but the "always on" BT light is an entirely different story altogether.

What's the difference P170EM_17_12_PMv1.0.4_2T and P170EM_17_12_PMv1.0.4?

2T version has a tad slower RAM Timings to make it possible to use difficult RAM like 1866Mhz in 32GB combination or 2133Mhz...

I have it set like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7563[/ATTACH]

Which means shutdown

The option is usually under the advanced menu: In English it is called "Power Buttons and LID"...

Will there be a full UEFI for the next Clevo notebooks (with the Haswell CPU's inside of it)? I'm curious because the boot time with my Clevo P370EM seems rather slow (around 20 seconds) compared to my MSI rig (around 5-8 seconds). I've read this is because of the CSM feature which you can disable in a full UEFI environment whereas the Clevo books use a normal BIOS with UEFI features (Fast- & Secure Boot). I know, a little bit off-topic but I wanted to know and you Prema, as the bios mod god, can surely answer my questions :)

Will there be a full UEFI for the next Clevo notebooks (with the Haswell CPU's inside of it)? I'm curious because the boot time with my Clevo P370EM seems rather slow (around 20 seconds) compared to my MSI rig (around 5-8 seconds). I've read this is because of the CSM feature which you can disable in a full UEFI environment whereas the Clevo books use a normal BIOS with UEFI features (Fast- & Secure Boot). I know, a little bit off-topic but I wanted to know and you Prema, as the bios mod god, can surely answer my questions :)

Clevo won't give you that option, but if the final SM BIOS look like the pre-production version them my SM mods will have it. ;)

Where you edit power plan? in advanced it says shutdown too.

If it's set to shutdown there too...then strange...should look like on the attachment...are you using RAID mode?

post-1023-14494995371748_thumb.jpg

Hi Prema,

Just want to say nice one for your work. I have checked out your web page and seen alot of your posts.

I was wondering if you could help me. I have a new clevo p370em and your modded bios sounds great, especialy the full fans hotkey!

I have never touched bios really, well never in this manner and I am a little confused about the version numbers.

In system info I have BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc 4.6.5, 16/11/2012

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Is this right, does this mean I can not use your mod, did you know about this version and if not do you want it?

ok I'm officailly blind! I've looked at that screen so many times! I am now gonna go hide somewhere very dark!

Thank you for your help dude.

Ha ha ha, it's very simple, should look like this:

biospersonal.jpg

Here is Prema's latest P570WMx bios, I'm at 4.2ghz and have an OC memory of 2133mhz, from 1600mhz!!!

Tiimings at 1600 are 9,9,9,27 and in the pic at 2133 they're set at 11,11,11,32, but not entirely stable. After 2 hours it blue screened, but man it was nice, firefox loading faster, games on ssd loading faster, things just zippier in general. Thank you Prema!

I,m now trying timings at 11,11,11,34 to see if this helps

Wanna buy faster memory now, I blame Prema

20130521_203428_zps967407d1.jpg

But isnt csm a bios emu on top of uefi ?

Think of CSM as the Fine Tuning settings of UEFI. So you can say even though I am using secure boot I want to use the Legacy VGA vBIOS to allow use of a hacked vBIOS. ;)

Is there any posibility to change custom splash logo using any tool ?

Boot Logo

Regarding the RAM OC on P570WM Mod:

1. Set RAM Speed and Timings in BIOS, then "save & exit" > Windows

2. Full shutdown from Windows.

3. Reboot into Windows and DONE! :)

I´m a Designer so a i really prefer more minimalist splash logo than spheres, but i know it´s personal. :joyous:

I can offer custom boot logos for donors, but I don't have the time to make a custom version for everyone.

Just send me a coffe and 1920x1080 version of what you want and for which Mod version...:47_002:

hi prema, sorry to bother you, is there ay news about any release for the P170EM/P150EM, im talking about the special bios features to OC the CPU.

PS im already using the Intel XTU, but im curious about the bios features, thank u in advance.

Hey Prema,

would you like make a deal with me?

If i send you a logo 1920x1080 can you customize my bios? let me make a offer US$10,00? :Banane45:

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Updated Clevo BIOS base to v08 for P370EM3/NP9370 3D. ;)

ENJOY!

Where i can download that updated?

Thank you

hi prema, sorry to bother you, is there ay news about any release for the P170EM/P150EM, im talking about the special bios features to OC the CPU.

PS im already using the Intel XTU, but im curious about the bios features, thank u in advance.

You mean this for P150EM:

xtuo.jpg

p150emxtu.jpg

Na, that doesn't exist. :look_down:

Hey Prema,

would you like make a deal with me?

If i send you a logo 1920x1080 can you customize my bios? let me make a offer US$10,00? :Banane45:

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Where i can download that updated?

Thank you

It's the update in the first post!

Also DUDE this is not eBay...everyone has to look into their own pocket and then ask your their own heart! :86:

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic