NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I finally overclocked my Dell 680M. It works fine but the only thing I encounter is when playing games like Ryse: Son of Rome, and it swiftly turn the player around, my fps dips and the movements isn't smooth during the turning. My OC is 958/2500MHz. Temps hover between 69 - 71 ºC. My voltage is still at stock. Is the any solution to this? Or do I need to reflash the vbios with a higher default clock as my current default clock is 758MHz? Thanks. Would really appreciate your comments

I'm up to 1.075V now and +150mhz and it's stable. Seems like it likes more and move voltage. Temps are 67 max with stock fan control, probably would be under 60 with manual.Does this bios have unlocked fan control? The only way I have found to adjust it so far is with hwinfo64.

The vBIOS is not related to fan control. Your fan control is determined through the EC & BIOS I believe.

Any way to raise the perfcap on the 770m version 2 bios? Locked in nvidia inspector.

I'm surprised to hear you're knocking up against the TDP limits in the vBIOS. When I used Kepler BIOS Tweaker to look at the svl7 vBIOS that I'm using (out of curiosity), I saw that the TDP limit had been changed to about 145W if I remember rightly. If that's also the case for your 770M I don't think you'd be knocking up against that.

I'm running my Clevo 680m SLI @ +135/+500 with stock vBIOS. Is it worth flashing and going for higher oc while remaining stable? Bro tips are welcome!

+135Mhz is about 850Mhz on the core right? If that's the case, then you could probably get another 150Mhz to break the 1Ghz barrier using one of the unlocked vBIOS on here if your temperatures are ok. You'll have to do the testing to find stable settings of course, just like you've done with your current OC. I think it's worth doing, but you want to see definitely less than 90 degC on your GPUs, and hopefully less than 80 degC.

OK, so on Prema's advice I bought a 675MX as a trial to install 1 of the Clevo's I inherited a P150HM (previous graphics card is 560m - still working, I also have 2 other P150HMs with burnt out 6990m's which I will try later, I figure if the bios is already expecting an NVIDIA card maybe the process will be simpler, then I can just change it into other PC), which should be winging it's way to me in the next week or so. I picked this board as it was cheap (£25 on ebay) It is I think a Dell model (lienware M17x R4), but I understand the VBIOS can be flashed using one of the MSI links from Riri-Fifi.

As this will be my first VBIOS flash, is there anything I am missing, will it be blind flash or does it have to be done pre-install from another computer. I think there is onboard Intel 3000 chip on CPU so could the machine be booted from this then flashed or will I need dual GPU machine? Thanks for any input and sorry for the newb questions if this has already been answered elsewhere.

• Bios Modder
It is for Dell AW14, it's absolutely uncompatibility, because card design is diffrent, in result on this vbios get blackscreen and need blindflash.

I need non OC bios. slv7 released this bios version overclocked, but i need stock. I really looked everywhere :/

May be this stock bios can help you.

DELLgtx765M_video-bios_80.06.51.00.32.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

May be this stock bios can help you.

Thank you, but it is not that, only one version will work, because only one version was released for this card design, mark is "80.06.61.00.01".

Unfortunely i can't find it, but slv7 had to build on this vbios OC version so.. somewhere it must be. Size of this bios is 169kb.

so i know you guys probably get this a lot, but im new around here and im pretty tech savvy but still new to flashing modded bios and that stuff. i really want to remove the 135 clock limit on my lenovo y50's 860m. i know i have to flash i modded bios to achieve that but i'm not really sure how to go about it...halp?

I have a problem my hdmi and vga out doesnt work with dgpu but with integrated vga does the mini displayport working in dgpu and igpu too. maybe the bios is the problem? 2xDell GTX 780M in Alienware M18X R2 the vbios is 80.04.AF.00.03

I successfully updated the bios of my 880m which is in my MSI GT70 2PE. Only problem now is the system does not recognize the card as what it is. In device manager it is labeled as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, and I cannot install any NVidia Drivers. Any idea what I could do to get a driver installed.

• Bios Modder
I successfully updated the bios of my 880m which is in my MSI GT70 2PE. Only problem now is the system does not recognize the card as what it is. In device manager it is labeled as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, and I cannot install any NVidia Drivers. Any idea what I could do to get a driver installed.

For MSI laptop just use my vbios from page 511: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-511.html

I just tried one of the vbios from here and now my computer won't post, I have the original vbios on a usb stick but can't use it as the comp won't post. If anyone can help that would be great.

Been playing with it for several hours, the odd time it will boot into windows but the screen stays black. On one of the time it was going to boot I blindly put the original vbios back on both gpu's, at least I think I did, hard to tell with a black screen. Still won't boot most times and no screen, any thoughts would be great.

• Bios Modder
I have an MSI card on the way for my alienware laptop. Should I flash that vbios or the one on the first page?

You should flash vbios from the first page of this thread.

I just tried one of the vbios from here and now my computer won't post, I have the original vbios on a usb stick but can't use it as the comp won't post. If anyone can help that would be great.

Been playing with it for several hours, the odd time it will boot into windows but the screen stays black. On one of the time it was going to boot I blindly put the original vbios back on both gpu's, at least I think I did, hard to tell with a black screen. Still won't boot most times and no screen, any thoughts would be great.

Any ideas anyone?

I have looked up blind flashing but I don't think it will help as the odd time it dosn't shut down right away, going off memory of key strokes i'm fairly sure I get into nvflash even tho the screen is black and I enter nvflash -i0 -6 880m.rom, there is then two short beeps and I hit y twice. I don't remember the beeps when I flashed the bios before so it might be giving an error message. I have also gotten into windows, I can tell because my keboard lights change depending on temps, and the lights change as they should. So every so often it will boot but nothen ever on the screen. I also just tried putting in one of my old gpu's but it didn't change anything. No change with one card or two, and no change with none (integrated). Could a bad vbios flash afect the motherboard?

sorry for my English!) guys help me to overclock your video card 780m notebook AW17 R4 is svl7 BIOS! put the core clock +100 and +300 start playing increase fps +7-8 in the Witcher 3! but the frequency drops from 950 to 405 when heated card 67 degrees

sorry for my English!) guys help me to overclock your video card 780m notebook AW17 R4 is svl7 BIOS! put the core clock +100 and +300 start playing increase fps +7-8 in the Witcher 3! but the frequency drops from 950 to 405 when heated card 67 degrees

• Brian featured this topic