Sign in to follow this  
GastStraus

Chinese thermal pastes are bullshit

Recently, the temperature of the my laptop`s processor has risen to 100 degrees. I changed the thermal paste and the temperature fell down to 80 degrees. Thermal paste is the same - gd900. Before that I changed it half a year ago. According to many tests this thermal paste is the best that is on aliexpress.

As it turned out, it does not dry out, but damp. The entire gray filler squeezed out to the edges. On the chip there was only a transparent gel-like base, which does not conduct heat.

I talked about this topic in other forums, many people had the same problem. At temperatures above 70 degrees, this thermal paste turns into water. According to some data, mx-4 has the same properties. Do you have similar experience?

I used MX-4 quite a lot back in the days, and never had the problems u are describing with it. A good paste need's to stay liquid as much as possible but also keep it's proper form and stats.

So, in conclusion had no problems with mx-4, I can recomend also Grizly Kryonaut if u realy do not want to go with liquid metal.

Try to avoid chinesse thermal paste, because in most cases u will get vasseline rebranded into thermal paste for the money.

If you want good and fast in implement thermal paste you can use Ceramique 2, but I think the most efficent for standard use are the MX-2 and MX-4. For extreme efficiency you can use metal thermal compound like Conductonaut :-)