NVIDIA officially states they cut overclocking from mobile GPU's... :(

same boat i'm in, yea the benefits of having a pc are diminished by not having the ability to push the boundaries.

Even without "pushing boundaries", the problem is "lack of control". Everything being locked down is for people who want to pay for Macs. Our QA and QS doesn't come close to the shit we get with a Mac, but our prices are still high as shit and our support is half-assed and half of these retailers don't know what the hell is going on with their own machines.

We pay for top end hardware, we demand control of it.

• 5 weeks later...
Driver 352.84 is MS352_08-29, DriverVer = 05/10/2015, 9.18.13.5284

Sorry missed it. It's in a different scheme than what I'm used to (rXXX). Hopefully the W10 TP driver branch is still behind r346 in terms of that clockblock stuff otherwise we are in a world of pain.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Game Ready Driver (352.86 Win8.1/8/7 64bit) also confirmed blocked if vBIOS has lock-bit.

So, here we go again? We need to create another petition and create new thread on each forum Nvidia Lied about overclocking Mobile, They Clockblocked AGAIN!

"Trivial feature"

"There was a bug introduced into our drivers which enabled some systems to overclock"

Sure...

I don't know who they want to fool, PC is not a console to lock every single feature.

AMD what are you doing? take advantage of this and be more competitive.

It's a shame that we don't have many choices for graphic cards :/

And im here, waiting for The Witcher 3 i just bought. Hoping that my GTX 870M will be enough, and then this happened... gg

I am glad they made the move to ignore the lock-bit once again (until now only 347.88-92 ignored it).

Hope this gets merged into the next WHQL release and we won't see this block ever again.