[vBIOS MOD] CLEVO 7970M vBIOS Pack (Non-Enduro)

Nospheratu

Hey there,

I have a big problem, I installed a MSI 7970M card in my Medion Erazer X6819 (MS-16F2), first time the display was black and I blind flashed a Clevo vBios, but after i installed the graphic driver I became a Bluescreen at every time the operating system was started. Next time I wanted to install the Bios from this thread, but the Techinferno site was closed and I tried a Dell Bios. That wasent a good idee, because the notebook dosent accept the graphic card and I can not reflash the vBios:dispirited:.

Please can anyone help me there? And how can I download the Bios from this thread (I´m a new user)?

Greating Daniel

Sadly, without access to the gpu (invisible) no flashing is possible, not even blind. Last option is to desolder vbios eeprom and flash with programmer. Question is 'which vbios?'. MSI is tricky and there's likely no non-enduro MSI vbios, which is what you'd need to make this work. A non-enduro Clevo vbios might do, but better use a non-enduro Clevo driver then (see P370EM driver page). The '015.021.000.002.042768' vbios on the TPU site is fine. See spoiler below for location of the eeprom.

Spoiler

YbSm5.jpg

Yes, I know that I must desolder the bios chip, but in Germany it cost rund about 125€ for this work. I heard that "svl7" make that, is that right? The good think is, that I know that the vBios from this thread works fine, because several guys upgraded the MS-16F2 Notebook with the 7970m graphic card and this vBios and it works fine.

But the biggest problem is, that I couldn't download the vBios Pack from this thread, I send a massage to Nospheratu but he dosent answers me.

I need quickly help, because I need my notebook and I couldn't go back to my oringinal 570m because I moded the cooler for the 7970m :dispirited:.

Please help :-( :-(

Edited by Hobby-Schrauber

€125 is crazy,  €25-35 is fair; takes no more that 15-30 minutes. Could do it for you if they don't want to budge, just pay return shipping and we're good (€9). Can't test it in a Medion, but have a non-enduro Clevo, so that should work.

And you need to be 'Promoted' to download stuff, see this message for info. Anyway, no need for that; the v019 in the link is an older version, so you might as well flash the v21/P370EM from the TPU site.

• 9 months later...
  • Guest changed the title to [vBIOS MOD] CLEVO 7970M vBIOS Pack (Non-Enduro)
  • 4 years later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2014 at 8:46 AM, Nospheratu said:

I have no idea, as this vBIOS is based on the CLEVO 7970M. So if your laptop is compatible with the CLEVO card chances are it will work.

This is closest I've been to answers. 

I have a CLEVO 7970M V1.2 and a  CLEVO W870CU notebook, this combination definitely works for some but needs a modded VBIOS.

It will boot and I can hear the Windows jingle at login but the screen is completely blank/black, like it isn't even powered on.

I think I need a VBIOS that will remove the IGP check at boot, I think this is the same thing as Enduro but I am not sure.

Am I close?

Update: I can confirm that this modded vBIOS does work once blind flashed, summary here: 

Edited by Bester
Updating my question with a solution.

• 11 months later...
  • Bios Modder
9 hours ago, Drillinator said:

guys does anyone have a overclocking-voltage dropping bios to share i would like to get some more out of my old GPU

Hi!

You can try modified vbios from the first post of this thread.

If you can't download files, then just read "User Account Promotion Rules": https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 3 weeks later...

TLDR: Does anyone have experience using the ES BIOS or nonenduro modpack for a 2011 iMac?

Sorry for necro-threading. I’m part way to resurrecting a defunct iMac using a 7970m I got off eB@y. In windows, I can get display on an external screen only, so I’m hoping the nonenduro BIOS mod pack or the ES BIOS in this thread is all I need to get this firing the internal iMac screen.

Edited by drawKward