EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

My M6700 has a 3840QM and it's already maxing out temperature wise. It can't even maintain its turbo frequencies when stressed out. Now, the Quadros certainly have a lot more potential to overclock though; better than most graphics cards.

Hello to ALL

Last week I bought a dell m6700 precision - proc 3740qm with k4000m. Do You have some vbios and bios files?... I can't download it from link:

Thank You

Pozdrawiam, Grzexo

POLAND

Yeah, overclocking would be great. At least, there is no problem for that on M6800. You can rich Advanced menu with grub nvram editor and IRF table extracted from the BIOS. There you can change TDP values, Memory speeds, timings and even XMPs. I've written some useful guides for Precision owners:

Also, the sBIOS is editable (for those who have M6700 and earlier).

Edited by valuxin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey there. I've recently got my hands on a M6700 with K3000M. The +135MHz allowed by stock VBIOS indeed brings a noticeable performance gain, so I'm looking forward to OC it further, though I have some concerns about flashing it.

I started with backing up current BIOS (80.04.5A.00.01) using GPU-Z. The moment I've selected "Save to file" option the lower half of the screen started flickering with black and white colors, while OS remained functional (note: this was BEFORE I confirmed the BIOS read). Managed to click OK, then GPU-Z became unresponsive (had to kill the process) while the flickering persisted, fixed it by disabling and re-enabling the card in device manager.

Tried again, but this time with all apps closed (maybe there was something using the GPU at the time). Except for the flicker which occured again before clicking OK, everything went well, the device restarted itself and backup was made. Also worked with the card disabled in device manager, and in this case there was no flicker.

Now I'm kind of lost though. Obviously I really don't want it to hang during the flash, and I don't know if that flicker is something to be expected. My past experiences with flashing the VBIOS aren't too good either - I was updating a GTX660 in my PC and somehow killed MB's ME FW in the process (resulting in inability to OC the CPU, though I was able to fix it by reflashing too).  Please let me know if any of you experienced or want to try and replicate this.  I will also try this with another M6700 which has a K4000M inside.

Also not sure if it's worth mentioning - the one I'm working on came with an IPS screen, so no Optimus for me.

Oh, and one more thing - since the backup felt more stable to back up the BIOS with the card disabled, would it be safer to flash it this way as well?

Edited by Piter
one more question

7 hours ago, Ibrahim Waqar said:

Hello can i get this unlocked K3000M bios for Laptop M6700

Hi!

You can get unlocked K3000M vBIOS in this thread:  

• Thumbs Up 1

I am not able to download any file on this forum even cant purchase their membership due to card not working on this website,

Tell me how i unlock vbios with Kepler bios tweaker or provide me vbios link of mediafire or etc contact me on [email protected]

Whatsapp - 03003786372

2 hours ago, Ibrahim Waqar said:

I am not able to download any file on this forum even cant purchase their membership due to card not working on this website,

Tell me how i unlock vbios with Kepler bios tweaker or provide me vbios link of mediafire or etc contact me on [email protected]gmail.com

Whatsapp - 03003786372

Ok. Email sent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Alot Brother <3 You are real bro <3  flashed it successfully thank you with cmd nvflash -6 <filename.rom>

Edited by Ibrahim Waqar

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Brentjuh2000
      Who can help me with modding and getting my 980M working?
      I replaced the M6100 that was originally in the laptop with a 980M but I can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting Code 43
      the Hardware ID : PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_15CD1028
      I heard i need to modify and INF file but i have no experience with it

The vBIOS is from MSI

• By Mnky313
      To anyone wondering about eGPUs on M6700s, its not too complicated, there is just a process that must be done on boot every time:
      You need to have the eGPU connected and powered on before booting the laptop, once you get to the Intel RAID screen disconnect the eGPU and wait for windows to load up, once windows is loaded reconnect the eGPU and you *should* be able to use it and be able to hot-swap it (though you should disable it in windows before unplugging it) installing the normal AMD drivers worked fine for me, though the original release of Adrenaline 19.1 blue screened the first time.
      I usually run with 3 1080p monitors attached to the 480, replaced my old i5 desktop with this laptop due to the convenience of storing everything on one machine, the laptop has a 256gb SSD and 2x 750GB hdds in raid 0, there is a 2TB WD black attached to the eSATA on the dock.
      eGPU and external HDD are powered by a 500W evga desktop ATX psu, the EXP GDC's ATX power adapter was clunky and broke while trying to use it, so I just plugged in a CPU 4 pin cable upside down to power it, not worried about it because the bulk of power is coming from the 8 pin on the GPU anyway.
      https://imgur.com/a/L2UUSL2
    • By yoshomiamoto
      Hello Fellow Tech Gurus!

I am having a huge headache after upgrading the ram memory of my m17x r3. 

First let me start by saying I have been experiencing issues with my current ram setup recently, and so i decided to replace the ram inside of my computer, thinking they had gone out on me. It originally came with x4 2gb memory sticks, and as I started to experience issue, I started to removed them, and I was down to 1 2gb stick. It seems to me ram slots 1 & 2 are not working properly as when I put ram memory into them I would get BSOD in 5-10 mins of computer usage after boot. So I am thinking the slots have gone out. I also tested each slot individually and still same effect.

So I went on the try out slots 3 & 4 under the keyboard, which seems to work just fine when I use only 1 ram chip in one or the other. But the problem occurs when I try and fill both ram slots in slots 3 & 4 under the keyboard with crucial 2x 8 gb of ram sticks, which total to 16gb total ram memory.

BSOD and freezing occurs like crazy. But if I use just one of the ram sticks in either slot, no problem.

I dunno if this is hardware or software. I am think that my motherboard is on its way out the door, but any suggestions you all have would be great. I have already clean installed win 7, and is currently running bios A10 (unlocked, I believe)

I would also like to note that my motherboards internal vga is not detected, and just noticed this a few days ago upon trying to figure out the ram situation.

other issues is my laptop battery is pretty much dead, and the only for my computer to cut on is if the AC adapter is connected

I would also like to know can 1x 16gb 1600 ram stick run in my computer? or is it not supported by my motherboard? 

thanks!

Specs:

Alienware M17xR3 (2011 3D FHD ed)

Service Tag:
      30W75Q1

Bios ver:
      A10 (should be unlocked)

Operating System
      Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Processor
      Intel® Core™ i7-2960XM CPU @ 2.70GHz

Chipset
      Intel® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family

Graphics
      Nvidia GTX 680m

Audio
      IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
      High Definition Audio Device

Networking and I/O
      DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card
      Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
      HMA TAP-Windows Adapter V9

Memory
      Crucial 8 GB (x2 qty) DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64 •

(these only work under bay 3 or 4, but not dual 8gb at the same time, otherwise BSOD)

Configuration ID:
      CT3283724

Storage
      WDC WDBNCE5000PNC SSD (installed into bay 0)
    • By Munchicken
      Hi,
      I just got a Dell r9 m290x card for my m17x r3. I'm using the stock A12 BIOS. Had PEG set in the BIOS and on boot had a black screen. I cleared CMOS, most likely reverted back to SG and on boot had a black screen with 8 beeps.
      I've seen people on here report that it is working for them. Do I need to use a different vBIOS? Or maybe the unlocked A12 BIOS with some settings changed?
      Any help would be appreciated   Thanks.
    • By natasha123
      I use Dell M6700, 2GB K3000M graphics card.
      I see the overclock is hopeless.
      Computer M6700, Windows 10.
      I installed the Msi afterburner, but could not unlock the voltage.
      I flash vbios as per instructions:

I open the CMD to the desktop (the folder containing rom and nvflash)
      nvflash --protectoff
      nvflash k3000m.rom
      K3000m rom i downloaded here:
      https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1425-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks/
      ----------------------------
      I heard a beep when using the nvflash --protectoff command
       and another beep when using nvflash k3000m.rom
      However after doing all that. I installed the afterburner msi, everything is the same. I have edited the MSG afterburder CFG file by making changes like:

[Startup]
      Format = 2
      CoreVoltageBoost =
      PowerLimit =
      ThermalLimit =
      ThermalPrioritize =
      CoreClkBoost =
      MemClkBoost =
      [Settings]
      VDDC_Generic_Detection = 1

All have no effect.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.