[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

@ Prema

I noticed that there is no V2 in your [bIOS & MODS] Prema Mod / Latest stock BIOS P3xxSMx: spoiler tab for the P370SM3 but all others have a v2 in there file names and the P570WXX have V3 yet you post in your op that there is a v2 (Latest): for the P3xxSMx ?

File Type: rar P370SM3_32_31_PM1.rar is the only P370SM3 Bios file in the Mod list, No V2 etc....? Picture:

post-22978-14494997352206_thumb.jpg

Is the bios mod firmware compatible with the SLI780M systems? I would love to run an OC Bios for this system as I understand your modded Bios is all inclusive and OC's the CPU from the start is this correct with the Bios from the P370SM3_32_31_PM1.rar???

The problem I have is that the system locks up or Bsods or just restarts when I run the P370SM3_32_31_PM1 bios.

Clevo hasn't released the 880M BIOS update v1.03.03 for the 3D as they did for all other Haswell P-Series.

So v1 Mod is still based on the latest BIOS base, which is compatible with 780M.

They have only updated their driver to support the 880M on this model, but BIOS still isn't a go...

UEFI in general doesn't work along with CSM...that new BIOS was upped today ;)

I just figured out what was wrong. I downgraded my W7 Intel Graphics Drivers to the ones that came with the laptop. It loads now with CSM Video OpRom set to UEFI Only :) I guess upgrading Intel Graphics drivers is a bad idea for this machine.

Is it okay to reflash to the latest Clevo EC from the Prema Mod on a Sager 9170?

Sure, just make sure to pick the one for your keyboard layout:

P-EM Regular Version > Win key on the right & FULL FAN = FN+9

P-EM K2 VERSION > Win key on the left & FULL FAN = FN+1

So I just need straight to x.bat usually included in Prema BIos Flash?

(afudos P15E1711.PM2 /E /P /B /N /X /SHUTDOWN %1 %2 %3 %4)

No need to do step2.bat in which has:

fpt -f P15E1711.PM2 -me

Am I correct? Of course I will rename the BIOS file to match the batch file.

-Gustav

PS : I am running Prema Mod V2 with FN+9 (K1) EC right now.

Just to make sure.

Yes you can just change the name of the BIOS file or match the batch to the BIOS file.

Sure, just make sure to pick the one for your keyboard layout:

P-EM Regular Version > Win key on the right & FULL FAN = FN+9

P-EM K2 VERSION > Win key on the left & FULL FAN = FN+1

I currently have the K2 version but the EC is showing as 1.00.11PM not the correct 1.02.12

I am wondering if I can flash the newest Clevo EC to try to get the version to show correctly

Hello, I just updated to your recent BIOS V3 for Clevo 370ET (not the OV version) and I felt that it runs smoother but I noticed that the CPU temperatue on the cores go up to 95 degrees at high load (20 mins only), whereas with my previous BIOS it went up to a maximum of 75 degrees. Even with such temperature I didn't get any spikes or throttle, my question is. Should I be concerned? I have not made any additional configuration after installing the BIOS.

Advice is welcomed!

Hi all, I have a Clevo W170ER (from PWN PCs) with BIOS version 1.00.0.6 and KBC/EC Firmware Revision 1.00.02

I just did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 however the speakers randomly won't work, they only way to make them work is to unplug AC and battery power for a few seconds then plug them back in and turn it on.

The speakers will stop working after a restart though.

So I think I need to update the BIOS to fix this?

I currently have the K2 version but the EC is showing as 1.00.11PM not the correct 1.02.12

I am wondering if I can flash the newest Clevo EC to try to get the version to show correctly

The filename says "P170EM_17_11_PM_v2_K2" where the 17 is the BIOS and the 11 the EC version.

For your keyboard layout there was no EC v12 with FULL FAN MODE only for the K1.

(Clevos EC for that model has no Full Fan Mode at all)

Hello, I just updated to your recent BIOS V3 for Clevo 370ET (not the OV version) and I felt that it runs smoother but I noticed that the CPU temperatue on the cores go up to 95 degrees at high load (20 mins only), whereas with my previous BIOS it went up to a maximum of 75 degrees. Even with such temperature I didn't get any spikes or throttle, my question is. Should I be concerned? I have not made any additional configuration after installing the BIOS.

Advice is welcomed!

Reason being you had no Turbo at all before you used the Mod. Clevo disabled the CPU Turbo altogether once we use it alongside the dGPU.

My Mod gives you what you paid Clevo for > the CPU Turbo.

It'll automatically throttle once the CPU temps reach those regions. You can lower the Turbo via the Multiplier or TDP switches in BIOS.

Hi all, I have a Clevo W170ER (from PWN PCs) with BIOS version 1.00.0.6 and KBC/EC Firmware Revision 1.00.02

I just did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 however the speakers randomly won't work, they only way to make them work is to unplug AC and battery power for a few seconds then plug them back in and turn it on.

The speakers will stop working after a restart though.

So I think I need to update the BIOS to fix this?

That BIOS wasn't made for Windows 8.x.

You should update the BIOS! ;)

That BIOS wasn't made for Windows 8.x.

You should update the BIOS! ;)

Thanks Prema, is the Prema V3 BIOS on your W170ER page suitable?

Is it alright to update directly over the PWN PCs BIOS?

Do I first need to go back to a stock BIOS or just upgrade right over the PWN PCs BIOS?

Thanks.

Thanks Prema, is the Prema V3 BIOS on your W170ER page suitable?

Is it alright to update directly over the PWN PCs BIOS?

Do I first need to go back to a stock BIOS or just upgrade right over the PWN PCs BIOS?

Thanks.

You can directly use the Mod. ENJOY! :)

Thanks, last question hopefully.

Should I use the FHD screen version or the OV version?

And does the flash process automatically update the EC version before the BIOS?

Thanks for the help.

I've updated successfully and the speakers now stay working!

I had a little trouble trying to boot from usb at first but then I tried a small 16MB usb drive(FAT) and it booted fine on that.

Everything went smoothly, thanks alot for the help Prema.

Can't change bclk, system crashes at every frequency I've tried, from 101 and so on. Any idea?

P150SM with 4700MQ, 8 GB 1866MHZ RAM, 8970M,

Can't change bclk, system crashes at every frequency I've tried, from 101 and so on. Any idea?

P150SM with 4700MQ, 8 GB 1866MHZ RAM, 8970M,

Haswell systems are extremely sensitive to BCLK changes. Does something tiny like 100.26MHz (for 100.03MHz actual) work?

Haswell systems are extremely sensitive to BCLK changes. Does something tiny like 100.26MHz (for 100.03MHz actual) work?

So that's how it is =/ no nothing works, not even the smallest increments. I'm thinking about buying a 4800MQ soon which will give me a little increase though :)

Just disable Anti Theft if you don't want to use it...

The first thing I tried, didn't help. And many people complain about the same, once it's activated it can't be deactvated.. for now I just added a string in hosts so it can't download its main files, but some bios code modifying NTFS partition sounds a bit scary..

The first thing I tried, didn't help. And many people complain about the same, once it's activated it can't be deactvated.. for now I just added a string in hosts so it can't download its main files, but some bios code modifying NTFS partition sounds a bit scary..

You need to disable the feature in BIOS and then remove the Agent from the system. Once deactivated it won't download it again.

I have also already disabled it by default on all my Haswell Mods and will do so in future versions for the older models.

But I can't really remove a feature entirely that people paid for just because there is a "theoretical" way to exploit it to remote wipe the system etc...

You need to disable the feature in BIOS and then remove the Agent from the system. Once deactivated it won't download it again.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but nothing helps. By Agent you mean 4 files (rpcnet{,p}.{exe,dll})? Removing files and services in registry - does not work. Creating empty files and setting "deny all to everyone" permissions, also in registry - does not work. It still executes (on every second reboot), although after that it does not create suspended iexplore.exe process every 15 minutes or so.

Maybe clearing CMOS will help, but the battery is under heatpipes, so I won't try it soon.

I have also already disabled it by default on all my Haswell Mods and will do so in future versions for the older models.

I guess I'll wait for that, thanks. By the way, 1.02.17 for W150ER/W170ER is on clevo mirror.

But I can't really remove a feature entirely that people paid for just because there is a "theoretical" way to exploit it to remote wipe the system etc...

Some people paid for it and use it... and for others it's just running anyway, not doing any good but still messing with system, with no easy way to disable. What a nice feature.

Hello dear Prema!

My friend use P170EM,he wan't 780M upgrade,but only Dell card know buy.He ask dell card will good? Need flash clevo vbios or your special bios maybe?

Thanks for answer!

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic